Ministry Channels

This is something I'd like to have to make communication with a ministry's aides easier. Only the minister and those aided to the ministry would be able to see the channel and use it. It could work similar to clans.

Some example commands:
MINISTRY [<ministry>] TELL <message>
MT[#] <message>

MINISTRIES
    Display a list of the ministries you're a member of and the channel used. (ex: MT3)
MINISTRY SWITCH <ministry>
    Would set the specified ministry as the default for MT|MINISTRY TELL.

HISTORY MT
    Would display channel history like other orgs.

Example messages:
(Chancellor): Elawien says, "."
(Ministry of Trade): Seifur says, "."
(Ministry of Development): Jadys says, "."
(Treasurer): Yen says, "."

retired

Comments

• It could work similar to clans.
    What's the benefit over just using org clans, as people currently do?
  • Likely isn't one other than not having to spend gold to buy one.
    retired
  • edited December 2015
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be discussing something like this:

Is a potentially useful idea, but if everybody is already using clans for this I'm not sure how much is gained by a new system to support it.
  • Everyone is not already using clans for this, it's too expensive. Most cities tend to have a few of the important ministries that use it having clans, and the rest get left out.

• EldEld
    edited December 2015
    Valkyn said:
    Everyone is not already using clans for this, it's too expensive. Most cities tend to have a few of the important ministries that use it having clans, and the rest get left out.
    Oh, I didn't register the part where it would be separate channels for each ministry. Was thinking in terms of Hashan's setup (last I checked) of one catchall clan for all ministries. If having ministry-specific channels would be strongly preferred, then yes, being able to do that without buying clans for each would definitely be preferable.
  • Easy to have both - one option to send to all members of all ministries, another to send to a specific one. I think it's a good idea.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Aerek, Ashtan doesn't have a clan solely for that. Development and Culture have clans. I think maybe Maritime does but that seems newish. None of the rest do. All the Ministers are in the city council clan, but their aides are not.

I love the idea of a way for a Minister to message all their aides though. While I have no problems with writing something out in notepad, doing AIDES <MINISTRY> and just mass messaging people, it is a little bit tedious. Especially when some ministries have a lot of aides instead of just a couple.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    @Aerek, Ashtan doesn't have a clan solely for that. Development and Culture have clans. I think maybe Maritime does but that seems newish. None of the rest do. All the Ministers are in the city council clan, but their aides are not.

I love the idea of a way for a Minister to message all their aides though. While I have no problems with writing something out in notepad, doing AIDES <MINISTRY> and just mass messaging people, it is a little bit tedious. Especially when some ministries have a lot of aides instead of just a couple.
    Ambassador has a clan, too!. I find it useful, but mainly for CLHELPs and pointing people toward the public information for the application process. People almost never talk on it.
  • In cities currently set up where all Ministers and their Aides are in a single clan I can see this being less useful (though in small cities this is probably going to end up being CT :tongue: ).

In other cities, like Targ, where we have Ministry clans for a few of the Ministries (Culture, Maritime uh... are there others?), I really like this idea! However, it will probably not remove the Ministry clans completely (as they're being used for help files, bank accounts and newsboards as well), but it will give the Ministries that didn't warrant getting a clan a nice neat way of discussing things.
  • I have a ministry clan and can't for the life of me think of what to do with it beyond copying over help files.  It has everyone in the military in it, so armytell is the same,  but people don't fall through the induction cracks.  If I need to address the troops, I would just write a city news post. Message aides would be useful, but I don't really ask a lot from my aides that need to be addressed at a later date. .I dunno. Just not something I would personally use.  Doesn't mean it's not a great idea, though! 
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Austere said:
     just write a city news post.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"