Blowtorch for Android

JeslynJeslyn United States
Hi! I've been using blowtorch for years as a client for my android phone. However, recently it has been crashing several times when it boots up... Causing me not to be able to log-in. I'm not sure if it is the client, my internet connection, or my One plus android phone. Has anyone else been having this problem, or do you know of a client that is more reliable for android? Thanks!

Comments

• It started crashing on me too, during startup. Seems like if I waited several seconds before trying to type my character name in, it would fail less often, but still failed. Not sure what's going on with it. 

I think there's a BlowtorchV2 out there that may not be in the google play store, it might be worth trying out to see if its any better. I've never tried it myself.
  • http://www.offsetnull.com/blowtorch/v2-test-installation-instructions/ Here's v2.

It's a lot better from my experience, usually if it's crashing it's an error with your phone... 

• JeslynJeslyn United States
    V2 works beautifully with no crashes! Thanks so much for the link!
  • Do people make scripts for this?
  • Curious: What do you like about Blowtorch vs. using Nexus on your phone, if you've done that? (We're actually going to wrap nexus and stick it in the google play store as an app.)
  • edited December 2015
    Sarapis said:
    Curious: What do you like about Blowtorch vs. using Nexus on your phone, if you've done that? (We're actually going to wrap nexus and stick it in the google play store as an app.)
    Does phone nexus use java too? If so, that'd be my reason. Hate js so badly.

Outside of that, I can't really comment. For me personally, blowtorch gives me the bare screen that I want for my phone client, which in turn lets me create all the buttons that I want, wherever I want.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Cynlael said:
    Sarapis said:
    Curious: What do you like about Blowtorch vs. using Nexus on your phone, if you've done that? (We're actually going to wrap nexus and stick it in the google play store as an app.)

Outside of that, I can't really comment. For me personally, blowtorch gives me the bare screen that I want for my phone client, which in turn lets me create all the buttons that I want, wherever I want.
    It uses javascript, not java (they're two different things)
  • Ya, whatever! I did say I hate js :p
    Either way, I find it annoying to make stuff on, much less using a phone to type it all in with. If it supported Lua I'd prolly use it, the GUI is nice.

• WSarapis said:
    wSarapis said:
     Wow had no idea nexus worked in my phone... Just figured it was .. I dunno. Ha. Awesome.

• edited December 2015
    Cynlael said:
    Sarapis said:

@Cynlael So on blowtorch, you mainly just create macros assigned to buttons? Do you end up creating a bunch of triggers on it as well, or is it largely simple macros?
  • Wow had no idea nexus worked in my phone... Just figured it was .. I dunno. Ha. Awesome.
    Yep. And it'll drop the left and right columns on mobile (or if you make your browser window too narrow to reasonably support the side columns). We're going to be looking into letting you swipe left/right to see those columns on mobile too if you want though (still single column, but you could switch between the three columns at will).
  • Sarapis said:
    @Cynlael So on blowtorch, you mainly just create macros assigned to buttons? Do you end up creating a bunch of triggers on it as well, or is it largely simple macros?
    Yeah basically. 90% of my time on phone is just talking to people or light bashing, I think the biggest drawback to blowtorch is that it has a very high propensity for crashing in 'high' density places. At least in the v2 beta version, the earlier 'stable' version is less so, but there's nice features in the 2nd one, like the support for small Lua scripts.

I have some triggers, but they're largely simple, like queueing getting gold that drops when bashing. Have a few different triggers for turning in stuff like vertani too, but nothing overly complex since blowtorch doesn't really support that stuff by default; Lua scripts for example need to be written on the computer, and imported into the SD card.

• Well, we have some updates to basic scripting on Nexus that are in testing currently that might make the kind of thing you want to do really easy in Nexus. You'll be able to create simple scripts via drop-down menus, essentially.
  • iOS too dear @Sarapis ?
  • Awesome, doesn't help me pick a new tablet though. My Nexus 10 is getting a little long in the tooth
  • Problem is my job is going to give me $650 device credit through At&t and they don't sell surface pro 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I have a £60 ($100) 7" Windows tablet and it runs Mudlet just fine. 1Gb RAM, 32 Gb HDD, Bluetooth keyboard, job done

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • How is scripting on blowtorch? I don't know how to do more, I only use the ack with response.
  • Scripting (which can only truly be done with version 2) needs to be written on the computer, and then imported onto the SD card. That's what I've been told at least, for blowtorch.

• I am trying to do other simple scripts and I found this in Imperian maybe it will help others:

http://forums.imperian.com/discussion/670/blowtorch-mobile-mudding-scripts-and-also-q-a
  • Does anyone know where to find the commands for blowtorch? Link gave example of EnableTrigger but I don't know the general format.