New Artefact: Weaponmastery spec swap

With the introduction to multiclass and more specifically the lorestone Artefact can we get a similar one that allows the knight to swap Weaponmastery specs? 10 minute aggression timer and tier'd cooldown timers is fine but price tag should be much lower please!

Comments

• Since I have a new found hate for dwb, I am hoping the price is ridiculous if they decide to do this. 
  • I've been asking since before the Knight changes were released. Tecton refuses to give me more than a vague "We might do this in the future." in response.
  • edited December 2015
    Price tag lower than the lorewarden arties? Wouldn't think so. Those are to reduce a time, not add a function. I'd expect a similar price to the trait/race reset arties.

• Yes but this Artie leads to me buying like 6 level 3 weapons. 
  • Morthif said:
    Yes but this Artie leads to me buying like 6 level 3 weapons. 
    Maybe you. Not necessarily others. I'd argue if you can afford 6 level 3 weapons, you can afford 1000-2000 credits for the artie. More people would just buy the artie and use non artie weapons if it was only 350 credit at the low end.

• Single reincarnation or trait reset = 100cr
    gem of reincarnation or grimoire = 1000cr for once every IC month or 2000cr for every hour.

single spec change costs 100 lessons or 17cr
    so equivalent would be 170cr for once per IC month or 340cr for every hour.

and I'd gladly pay a little higher
  • Valkyn said:
    Price tag lower than the lorewarden arties? Wouldn't think so. Those are to reduce a time, not add a function. I'd expect a similar price to the trait/race reset arties.

An artefact to allow switching Weaponmastery spec for free would be reducing a cost, not adding a function. It's already possible to switch Weaponmastery spec at a cost of 100 lessons per time.

I'd also argue that being able to switch class pretty much at will (barring that annoyingly long aggression cooldown) with the higher level artefacts is definitely a function.

• You already have the function to switch class, the artefact is just reducing it.

170/340cr just seems too cheap.

• 250/500 or 300/600 is fine
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    At 100 lessons/17cr per switch, even 600cr is only 35 switches, which means if you switched once a (RL) day, that artie would "pay for itself" in a (RL) month, making it the most cost-effective artefact ever. Because of that, I would be shocked if such an artefact would be less than 1000cr.

One one side, I would love this artefact. On the other, it means that every Knight with it would be able to switch to the spec most fitted to fight you and your class. If I'm a class that struggles with XYZ spec, then this artefact increases the likelihood that XYZ spec is all I'll fight. That'd be irritating after a while.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited December 2015
    Antonius said:

I'd also argue that being able to switch class pretty much at will (barring that annoyingly long aggression cooldown) with the higher level artefacts is definitely a function.

This.

I really can't think of a good reason why knight specs would be treated any differently than classes. I mean, I'm trying to spin in the my head -well they aren't really different classes, they have alot of the same fundamentals. But that falls flat to me because honestly fighting as say 2h vs Dwc sure feels like two different classes to me.

Daeir said:
    It also sorts of lets you freely swap between what is practically three completely different classes with the same accompanying skills.

Dunno how I feel about that being a thing for one set of classes and not for everyone else.
    ninja'd.

I guess that is a reason I hadn't considered, but personally that wouldn't bother me. That falls in the same realm as something like "how come my class doesn't have a cool travel skill but yours does?" type thing.

• Gem/grimoire already allow monks to take on vastly different approaches and other classes can have major strategic changes this way too. Throw in multiclass and all arguments besides price are null
  • The difference between int/str monk isn't as vast as the 4 weaponmastery specs though, really.

You can't throw away the price argument, either, that's the main thing here. Knights would get 4 classes for much cheaper than people get even 2 otherwise. They already kind of do with the 100 lesson cost though.
  • Right I agree it can't be super cheap but for 1000/2000cr that's 6000/12000 swaps not worth it. It's just for convenience.

addling in cooldowns and the aggression timer are good concessions I feel for the trade off 
  • I have a spec-switching artefact already. It's called Elite. Every 20 days it generates a spec swap for you.

• edited December 2015
    With the class change artie you are just lowering the time it takes to switch.

The cost of being able to switch class and have two classes is that little 7500 (and increasing) lesson investment problem.

With weapon spec, you already have all the lessons, so you're essentially getting all of that new shiny skill stuff for only the cost of the switch/artefact. That is why I'd expect to see it cost 1000cr.

• Trey said:
    I have a spec-switching artefact already. It's called Elite. Every 20 days it generates a spec swap for you.
    Liar, you don't log in everyday 
  • edited December 2015
    Don't think this is needed at all. 

I like that there is a limiting factor on swapping specs being lessons, instead of a one-time purchase.
    Knight is 4 mini-classes already, making it "easier" to swap between them puts Knight as the best class to have because you can have 4 separate classes through it. Not needed, imo.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Morthif said:
    Trey said:
    I have a spec-switching artefact already. It's called Elite. Every 20 days it generates a spec swap for you.
    I do, actually! Need to maintain shops, empty my satchel and get lessons, busy days are like a max of ten minutes though.

• I think the moral of the story is that spec swapping needs to cost more lessons.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Trey said:
    Morthif said:
    Trey said:
    I do, actually! Need to maintain shops, empty my satchel and get lessons, busy days are like a max of ten minutes though.
    Mucky boy :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Cooper said:
    I think the moral of the story is that spec swapping needs to cost more lessons.
    Wait... When did I drop knight and trade in my 4 level 3's?