READAMBLOG Sorter

Hello, Ambassadorial folks (@Ariettie, @Laytron, @Marisella, @Seelie, @Titonus)!

If you're tired of the tedious task of sifting through amblogs and putting them into archivable format, I threw together a quick little script that does all the dirty work for you.

Any time you READAMBLOG <org>, this will take all of the info you get, put it into a bunch of tables, then spit it back out to you in a more legible format:
Ambassadorial log for the City of Targossas:
2015/09/27 00:04:39 - Steve returns to the city a hero, having solved the Cultist's Conspiracy in the Great Rock!
2015/09/27 00:06:23 - The citizen Pietro has chosen to depart this mortal coil.
2015/09/27 01:18:32 - Tony returns to the city a hero, having solved the Cultist's Conspiracy in the Great Rock!
2015/09/27 12:24:45 - Clint was citizened automatically. 2015/09/27 12:45:37 - Wanda was citizened by General Cazin.
2015/09/27 12:39:06 - Rohai citizened Natasha.
7279h, 6020m, 22555e, 29092w cexdb-
Citizen Arrivals: +3
---------------------

Externally: Natasha (1)
Automatically: Clint, Wanda (2)

Citizen Departures: -2
----------------------
Suicides: Pietro (1)
Leave: Bruce (1)

---------------------------
| Net Citizen Change: +  1|
---------------------------

Novices who solved the Cultist Conspiracy:
------------------------------------------
Steve, Tony (2)
There's a few things you'll need to change to fit your org (the filter line "Ambassadorial log for the City of _____:" and the auto-induct line for your city's denizen), and of course you can change the output template in the "Stop" trigger to display however you'd like. Aside from those little tweaks, this thing should be pretty helpful:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdnjeq5d1k3ee58/Readamblog.xml?dl=0

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!

Forgot to mention! It also highlights name changes and WRITEAMBLOG notes in bright red and blue, respectively.

Comments

• @Rohai this is great! I've been using it for a while now to keep track and play with it and decide how I felt on it. I don't take to change well when it comes to how I do things with aliases and such. One thing I noted today when my amblogs exploded with newbies was that it didn't catch anything after MORE. I don't know if it was me or the script. @Aesi has been my amazing tech support and fixed it up for me, though and gagged the everything but the notes for me because it was getting a little out of hand for my sanity. I also separated out those who are inducted by the city denizen from those who are inducted through the intro. It makes it easier for me to see who joined us later and who joined us right off the bat.

Not sure if any of those things would benefit you or others! Thank you for the initial work into this. It has been so helpful!!

• I thought I posted this in October, but apparently it's been hanging out in the text box here all this time:

Good catch! Targ's amblog doesn't tend to get long enough for "MORE" to cause a problem, so I hadn't thought of that. Figuring out the workaround might be above my pay grade, but I'll have to give it a shot, too.
  • You can always change your page length on config(the Achaea config) before running the script, then change back after. 
  • the way I did it was to trigger more (enabled when you run the amblog command) and have it proceed like nothing happened, but his way is more efficient