Helping Achaea grow

12346»

Comments

• Also it gets rid of the video.
  • On the website note: I'm not sure if I'm the only one that has experienced this, but sometimes if I go to the URL achaea.com instead of www.achaea.com it will direct me to play.achaea.com.

play.achaea.com simply says "Log in" or "create a new character". I have a feeling that if anyone stumbled across that by accident they would be less inclined to actually play than if they stumbled across the real site and had a chance to read up on the game first.

On that note, has anyone else ever been forcefully redirected to play.achaea.com? Maybe I'm just crazy.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    You're not the only one, @Aepas. I browse incognito at work to keep my browser history clear, and I'm almost always directed to the play.achaea.com screen, if not the splash screen they have set up. 
  • Kasya said:
    You're not the only one, @Aepas. I browse incognito at work to keep my browser history clear, and I'm almost always directed to the play.achaea.com screen, if not the splash screen they have set up. 
    [spoiler] [/spoiler]
  • Kasya said:
    Okay, glad it's not just me.
    @Sarapis can we do something about that, or is this one of those positive number generators?
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • I just wanted to bring up a point I had read a while back about how it seems like nobody wants to reach out and help newbies. I like to keep the Newbie channel on and see what is going on with new people coming in, and sometimes I feel like I could respond to a question with more information than what the guide had answered with. However, whenever I have spoken up, I have then immediately received a tell from the guide telling me (politely) to let them handle it. Which makes me wary to say anything even when I have noticed a guide make a mistake about something. But at the same time it feels like it might bewilder a true newbie to see some yellow text talking to them out of nowhere so I don't like to just throw tells at random.

I really wanna help people get into the game and enjoy themselves (and my character is going full novice aide/ambassador aide IC) but there seems to be an onus to 'leave them to be handled by someone else' or 'just tell them to read the scroll'.
  • If the guide makes a mistake, you can send a tell to the guide to let them know. If you think a newbie could just use more information than the guide gave, sending the newbie a tell is probably best, even if some newbies might not know how to respond.