Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Helping Achaea grow

12346»

Comments

• TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,797 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Silvarien said:
    Aegoth said:
    The cure for cancer huh? Wish I know that 3 years ago!
    @Aegoth : I thought Necromancy users were immune to cancer due to being cancerous?
    TIL: I'm cancerous

Edit: and when I diss you wouldn't want to answer this.

Silvarien
  • SilvarienSilvarien ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Trey said:
    Silvarien said:
    Aegoth said:
    The cure for cancer huh? Wish I know that 3 years ago!
    @Aegoth : I thought Necromancy users were immune to cancer due to being cancerous?
    TIL: I'm cancerous

Edit: and when I diss you wouldn't want to answer this.
    @Trey : I'd say that I wanted to name my Achaea character Slim Shady, but then you'd label me as phony (as per Go to Sleep) via the Real Slim Shady song.

I don't think even Tanris could kick Slim Shady's arse. That dude is out of his mind. And funny about it.
  • ShadizarShadizar ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I say market Achaea as a typing game for 80's and early 90's kids that slept through that one keyboarding/oregon trail class in school. When I first started playing I typed with my index, middle finger and thumb all while having to look at the keyboard periodically. Now I can correctly touch type about 80 wpm and I'm sure alot of the players here wouldn't even call that breaking a sweat!

</sarcasm>

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USAMember Posts: 1,818 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That's slick. I agree that the Achaean website is a little convoluted, with more than a few clicks to get to the places I want to be, and while I understand to need to appeal to whoever your primary base is, the new website always did feel like it was targeted to kids much younger than I think our average player is. (Granted, the fact that most of us are older than "gamer age" could be/is part of the challenge.)

I guess when I think of Achaea compared to other MUDs available, I think "classic", "refined", and "professional". Despite Achaea's small size, I feel there's an element of professionalism and serious development present here that more closely represents competition-heavy graphical games than other MUDs of its kind, and so a sleeker, more streamlined website might speak to that.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    TvistorShirszaeSkyeTahquil
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,374 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Also it gets rid of the video.
    NakariAntidasKeiTrevize
  • AepasAepas Member Posts: 1,619 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    On the website note: I'm not sure if I'm the only one that has experienced this, but sometimes if I go to the URL achaea.com instead of www.achaea.com it will direct me to play.achaea.com.

play.achaea.com simply says "Log in" or "create a new character". I have a feeling that if anyone stumbled across that by accident they would be less inclined to actually play than if they stumbled across the real site and had a chance to read up on the game first.

On that note, has anyone else ever been forcefully redirected to play.achaea.com? Maybe I'm just crazy.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
    Kasya
  • KasyaKasya TennesseeMember Posts: 657 @ - Epic Achaean
    You're not the only one, @Aepas. I browse incognito at work to keep my browser history clear, and I'm almost always directed to the play.achaea.com screen, if not the splash screen they have set up. 
    AepasAustere
  • TvistorTvistor Member Posts: 2,900 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kasya said:
    You're not the only one, @Aepas. I browse incognito at work to keep my browser history clear, and I'm almost always directed to the play.achaea.com screen, if not the splash screen they have set up. 
    [spoiler] [/spoiler]
    KasyaShirszae
  • AepasAepas Member Posts: 1,619 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kasya said:
    Okay, glad it's not just me.
    @Sarapis can we do something about that, or is this one of those positive number generators?
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • KotaruKotaru ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 30 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I just wanted to bring up a point I had read a while back about how it seems like nobody wants to reach out and help newbies. I like to keep the Newbie channel on and see what is going on with new people coming in, and sometimes I feel like I could respond to a question with more information than what the guide had answered with. However, whenever I have spoken up, I have then immediately received a tell from the guide telling me (politely) to let them handle it. Which makes me wary to say anything even when I have noticed a guide make a mistake about something. But at the same time it feels like it might bewilder a true newbie to see some yellow text talking to them out of nowhere so I don't like to just throw tells at random.

I really wanna help people get into the game and enjoy themselves (and my character is going full novice aide/ambassador aide IC) but there seems to be an onus to 'leave them to be handled by someone else' or 'just tell them to read the scroll'.
    Shirszae
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,957 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If the guide makes a mistake, you can send a tell to the guide to let them know. If you think a newbie could just use more information than the guide gave, sending the newbie a tell is probably best, even if some newbies might not know how to respond.
    Kyrra
Sign In to Comment.