Vial bundles

2»

Comments

• Ah, yeah, I'm so used to having artefact vials that I totally forgot about that. Guess I'll keep an extra empty artefact vial on hand for filling the rift from.
  • Out of curiousity, is there a reason that we still need vials? Couldn't we do away with the vials themselves and just "sip" from the rift? I would love a cleaner "Info Inventory", or whatever the detailed inventory view is.

(Tossing this out for anyone that wants to attempt an answer.)

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• I believe it's so people with fancy/custom vials they want to keep have something to use
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Obfuscated vials are so worth keeping. They random fill with things that I can just pour into my rift now.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Hahahaha ha, you can refill vial from rift, sip, and put back to rift. You only need 1 vial then.

Seriously I think we can do away with vials and just sip directly from the rift. 

For artefact vials it's easy to make them merge into the rift: 
    RIFT EXPAND <liquid> WITH <artefact vial#>

Or probably some kinda magic happens, all artefact vials becomes magical stones that could be used to expand the rift.
  • Issues I've spotted so far. I've filed bugs/ideas in-game, but they'll probably get more visibility if I also summarise them here:

Rift capacity seems slightly arbitrary.

The way artefact vials work is annoying. If it costs 240 sips to fill it then we should be able to put them all back in the rift.

Couple of issues with the way things are displayed. No colouring on INFO RIFT to indicate you're at max capacity, no indicating message when you fill the rift and hit max capacity.

The Lesser/Greater Vault artefact not increasing capacity just seems weird.

No GMCP data for elixirs, salves and venoms yet.

• I understand why the artefact vials work the way they do. If it only cost 200 to fill them to 240, you could drain them into normal vials, refill the rift and just generate free sips ad infinitum.

• That's why. Get rid of all vials. Sip straight from the rift. Let us have a choice to merge artefact vials space into rift of our choice. Simplify everything. Change future artefact vials sales to rift sip expansion gems. 
  • Trey said:
    I understand why the artefact vials work the way they do. If it only cost 200 to fill them to 240, you could drain them into normal vials, refill the rift and just generate free sips ad infinitum.
    Right, which is why I suggested that the number of sips to fill an artefact vial and the number of sips an artefact vial fills the rift would be the same. You can't generate free sips if both are 240, there's no reason to not be able to put them all back in the rift.
  • Alternatively: Let us use an artefact vial to sip anything in the rift, without having the vial in your inventory. Let us 'combine' artefact vials.

End result: one vial, holds X sips, probably health to give extra health storage.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Trey said:
    I understand why the artefact vials work the way they do. If it only cost 200 to fill them to 240, you could drain them into normal vials, refill the rift and just generate free sips ad infinitum.
    No, pouring artefact vials into regular vials has always been impossible.
  • I'm not sure how difficult this would be, but I would really appreciate a 5th column in ElistList that shows sips remaining in the rift.

Vial                        Fluid                     Sips    Months   Rift

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oaken vial406927   an elixir of mana   143      8           1800

Oaken vial59104     an elixir of health  192     122        1200

• Belus said:
    I'm not sure how difficult this would be, but I would really appreciate a 5th column in ElistList that shows sips remaining in the rift.

Vial                        Fluid                     Sips    Months   Rift

Oaken vial406927   an elixir of mana   143      8           1800

Oaken vial59104     an elixir of health  192     122        1200

I also put in an idea that suggests using sips OUTSIDE the rift before refilling from the rift. This way, we can still use more vials (artie vials included)
  • i like the idea of a single artefact vial being used to sip anything in the rift. that way when we sip health or sip mana or sip levitation we use the same vial. this vial would not even need to have anything in it. it's just a conduit to sip directly from the rift. doing this would be an excellent way to reduce the number of vials everyone carries around all the time. (i'm not sure about this but it seems reasonable that having less things to keep track of would make things easier on the servers) the only problem is that even with 2000 sips of health in the rift i still need to carry around a rather large number of vials full of health. 2000 just doesn't last long.
  • Good idea but. You would still only have 2000 sips in your rift though. It would only really cut down everyone's vials by 10 (or so I can't remember how many vial stored curative a we have) because the people who need to carry about an extra 15 vials of health on top of their rift will still need to carry about those extra 15.