Seeking the No-Brainer Lesson Package

edited November 2015 in North of Thera
Hi everyone! I joined yesterday and I've already gained a rival that I'm scheduled to spar to the death when Malyshka's reached lvl25. She's lvl19 now. Eeek, right?! My rival @Mexi is already lvl25 and waiting on me ..
Mexi said:
l'll rot the skin from your bones and wear your ribcage as a corset.

.. I'm scurred, you guys. Double eek.

So, that being said .. I'd really appreciate it if I could work out some sort of deal with someone that ends in me being granted a sizable advantage in the form of the No-Brainer Lesson Package (the full x2, so $20), found here. I'm willing to pay in gold or credits or whatever else is desired, though if it's gold and/or credits that's desired, it'll require a bit of patience since I'll have to do a lot of hunting either way, haha.

Anyway, thanks!

Comments

• @Aegoth and @Khel can sell it to you for 2,333,333 gold or 333.33 unbound credits for the market, as that's what it's worth according to them.
  • Amranu said:
    @Aegoth and @Khel can sell it to you for 2,333,333 gold or 333.33 unbound credits for the market, as that's what it's worth according to them.
    ... oh dear.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    At L25, you don't have enough health for any sort of protracted fight anyway >_> Just mash your bashing alias at each other. 

• Those are lessons, not Credits, Amranu. Sit your ass down. 

• The same reason that number sounds ridiculous for the no-brainer lesson package is the same reason your logic was flawed for the credit package :)

Anyhow @Malyshka I'm sure someone would sell you the package for 50-70 credits or there abouts.
  • Your logic is flawed, but I won't argue logic with someone who doesn't understand basic math. Good day
  • I love cat fights.

Throw my bent in as a doner!!

• 300 bound credits should not cost the value of 300 unbound credits. This is pretty obvious.
  • You'll be fine without the lessons. Youd probably get more tripped up trying to remember which skills to use. Get creative with what you have,  keel her

• Ask if you can borrow all Rangor's arties.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Ask if you can borrow all Rangor's arties.
    Yeah, if you're willing to win the duel by using money, you might as well just do this and save yourself the trouble. (As well as avoiding the risk of losing a generous stranger money in the event you can't pay them back.)
  • edited November 2015
    In full disclosure that I find @Amranu to be the worst sort of whiner most of the time, he's absolutely right about the exchange value of that sort of trade.

EDIT: To elaborate, if paying in credits, go based on the amount of money spent and sweeten the pot a little. $20 would net 50cr bought on the website, 55cr with elite, so I'd probably offer people anywhere from 60cr to 70cr, depending on the person.

• Alaskar said:
    You'll be fine without the lessons. Youd probably get more tripped up trying to remember which skills to use. Get creative with what you have,  keel her
      Even without the rivalry, it would be -super- helpful to have at least Metamorphosis transed early. It'd make hunting easier, among other things. But yeah.
  • edited November 2015
    Malyshka said:
    Alaskar said:
    You'll be fine without the lessons. Youd probably get more tripped up trying to remember which skills to use. Get creative with what you have,  keel her
      Even without the rivalry, it would be -super- helpful to have at least Metamorphosis transed early. It'd make hunting easier, among other things. But yeah.
    For Druid bashing you don't really need Metamorphosis above Icewyrm (for Maul) and Groves above Quarterstaff (for Flail). Maybe push Groves until you have Vigour for the particularly tanky stuff.

Add Eagle in Metamorphosis (~20 lessons above Icewyrm, I think?) if you want the rapid travel.

PvP will likely need transmorph + Hydra, though.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Probably a nickname, but there is no character called Mexi. :/
  • Amranu said:
    300 bound credits should not cost the value of 300 unbound credits. This is pretty obvious.
    If that's what it's worth to them to spend real life money, then that's what it's worth to them. If you don't think that it's a good deal (and I'd agree that it's not), just don't do the deal with them. Not really worth making a big deal on the forums about though.
  • edited November 2015
    @Malyshka

People decide to charge via dollar price than you can expect:
    $10 nets 25 credits from the website. An average price for credit being 6400g for a total of 160,000g.

People decide to charge via lesson amount you can expect:
    1000 lesson comes from 166.66cr.  An average price for a credit being 6400g for a total of 1,066,624g.
  • Tahquil said:
    Probably a nickname, but there is no character called Mexi. :/

2015/11/25 05:06:57 - Mexi, a member of your House, has chosen to depart this mortal coil.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited November 2015
    This is unusual. Usually someone buys the package for the newbie within like 3 posts, we don't have a big fight about the fair market price or whether the newb needs it.

@Malyshka If you toss 50cr my way, I'll toss 2000 lessons your way.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited November 2015
    Aerek said:
    This is unusual. Usually someone buys the package for the newbie within like 3 posts, we don't have a big fight about the fair market price or whether the newb needs it.

Usually the newbie is offering the gold/credits up front, not saying "I'll pay you back when I can hunt them up!"

Not picking on @Malyshka but it's absolutely reasonable players would find that a lot less appealing, as they may never see their gold/credits.

• Valkyn said:
    Aerek said:

Usually the newbie is offering the gold/credits up front, not saying "I'll pay you back when I can hunt them up!"

Not picking on @Malyshka but it's absolutely reasonable players would find that a lot less appealing, as they may never see their gold/credits.
    To be fair I see nowhere that this is positioned as a loan at all
  • Aesi said:
    Valkyn said:
    Aerek said:

"I'm willing to pay in gold or credits or whatever else is desired, though if it's gold and/or credits that's desired, it'll require a bit of patience since I'll have to do a lot of hunting either way, haha." - sounds like a loan to me.

• edited November 2015
    Yeah I guess that could be read both ways
  • I am curious about the "whatever else" now. .maybe I could recruit a new raid member. . . 
  • Jeslyn said:
    I highly doubt she has 50 credits at that level, so I gifted her one. If she chooses to pay 25 credits for the next, that's up to her. :)
    @Jeslyn is the best. I love you. Thank you so much!
    Valkyn said:
    Aesi said:
    Valkyn said:
    Aerek said:

"I'm willing to pay in gold or credits or whatever else is desired, though if it's gold and/or credits that's desired, it'll require a bit of patience since I'll have to do a lot of hunting either way, haha." - sounds like a loan to me.
      Well, wealth seemed hard to come by when I was like lvl19, but now I'm lvl31 and the gold is definitely coming my way in larger amounts the stronger I get. So maybe I'd be able to pay them back sooner than I thought.

Thanks to Jeslyn's generosity, though, this thread has served its purpose! Thanks, everyone!
  • Those lesson packages have been the most fun thing for me to gift to folks as a pleasant surprise. Was not aware that folks come here asking for them.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Figured here is as good a place as any to post this.  Looking to trade 25 credits for one of these packages.
  • Somewhat of a bump, is this no longer considered a fair trade?
  • @Vareth Transfer me the credits and I'll buy it for you.