Mine Depletion Crates?

edited November 2015 in General Questions
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

I am so tired of logging in quickly to see if someone is on or to read a letter only to find I didn't check my messages and my mine depleted thus dropping all of my comms...or (which happens a lot) I get disconnected before I INR...or I'm out hunting and it depletes while I'm logged in (in which I dont get a message) and in the spam of combat I dont see that so now i'm walking around with comms in my hand and I die from hunting and they fall...

It is getting very frustrating and I'm sure I cant be the only one out there with this issue right?

Can we have all comms go into a crate or something in the inventory so if we log or d/c they don't just dropped? Even if I don't forget to INR and my rift is full (because lets face it you get a crap ton of comms from mining now) I dont have room to put them in my rift and if I d/c from traveling to delos to at least put them on the market I lose them again.

PRETTY PLEASE?

"Kit always gets blood everywhere."
Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

Comments

• It'd be nice if they automatically went into your rift if there's room, would make the rift expansion arties actually worth considering. That crate idea sounds like something that would get abused as free storage.

• Valkyn said:
    It'd be nice if they automatically went into your rift if there's room, would make the rift expansion arties actually worth considering. That crate idea sounds like something that would get abused as free storage.
    True just some sort of solution so if it sneaks in your inventory or you d/c it doesnt just drop, but I'll take automatically going into the rift instead and then I'll just put all my comms on market when i get a new mine to prepare for the auto rifted to make sure there is always room. Just...anything I'm not picky, but I lost so many comms from this.

• Orrr have the crate decay with everything in it after a day or two. That way it just gives you time to figure it out instead of just dropping it the moment you log out because you didnt realize it just depleted

• edited November 2015
    Unless you don't figure it out and lose all you stuff anyway. 

The issue of missing it due to IG combat can be dealt with with a highlight/inr all trigger.
    I would say maybe an announce when you log in, but **You have new messages** should be enough warning.

Another option could be that once a mind is depleted the mine remains. Your squads no longer gain experience but you still have to pay wages until you manual come along to claim storage.

pros: no more accidental comm dropping, claiming storage and the resulting tithes would make the strongholds worth something again

cons: could wrack up a lot of wages if someone can't log in, mines can be easily identifiable as juicy targets when depleted and waiting for claims
  • I like the crates. Just make then decay after a month, so you really need to take a moment to drop them somewhere safe.
    I auto disconnect at my first login every day, because of some unexplained bug on my end. I'd hate to lose a mine worth due to the timing.

• Kitiara said:
    Valkyn said:
    It'd be nice if they automatically went into your rift if there's room, would make the rift expansion arties actually worth considering. That crate idea sounds like something that would get abused as free storage.
    True just some sort of solution so if it sneaks in your inventory or you d/c it doesnt just drop, but I'll take automatically going into the rift instead and then I'll just put all my comms on market when i get a new mine to prepare for the auto rifted to make sure there is always room. Just...anything I'm not picky, but I lost so many comms from this.
    For someone like me who handles org comms from mines, I'd prefer if it didn't go into my rift, because then I'd have to sort out my personal reserves with the org ones. Crates are a really nifty solution.

• edited November 2015
    or you know, how about they get shipped to the nearest stronghold and you withdraw them like a bank? as it is whoever holds the stronghold gets a tithe so it would make sense?

• I'd be all for this making strongholds more relevant. People keep bitching about taking the risk of not claiming in order to avoid the tithe. Fact is, even if a tithe was imposed, they're still going to not claim to save on the steep claiming fees.

Strongholds hinder you as a miner, that should come with some sort of reward. Encourage people to fight for them, etc.