Elaborated Ideas : Mortal Creations

It has been said a few times now that coming up with ideas for promotions puts pressure on the administration team, taking them away and draining time on other things like RP events, coding and whatever those magical beings in the garden do when they aren't chasing each other with ping pong paddles. So may I introduce to you the elaboration idea thread, a place we can dream of ideas and hopefully provide inspiration for the admin team so there is less of a drain on their resources when it comes to promo time!

Rules and Remarks

1) Posting in this thread in no way means administration will comment or look at your idea. If you post expecting feedback you'll be severely disappointed.

2) The IDEA command in Achaea is still your best friend in submitting ideas as it monitored while this is not.

3) Don't be a negative twit. Posting 'Lol that idea sux. Har har retard' or comments intended to degrade an idea or person are not welcome in this thread.

4) The more fleshed out an idea the better. Fleshed out ideas usually consist of a short description, room description and examined as well as any reactions that might coincide with the item. They don't have to be fully fleshed out but the more information the better.

5) Any part of your posted idea can be used by the admin. That means original ideas may be tweaked if instituted. They might love a description written and apply it to another item. So on and so forth.

6) Please no chains of 'Yus plz' and 'omg' posts. Show your appreciation of an idea with that like and awesome button. Keep the thread for new posts and ideas!

That said, go nuts!

Comments

• Shop of Wonders Items:

1. an iron pendant of Golgotha - Increases number of pacts formed in Domination/chance to not consume a pact when summoning an entity.

short: an iron periapt of Golgotha
    dropped: An iron periapt engraved with the Emperor of Chaos smolders here.
    examined: Suspended upon an iron chain, this periapt has been scorched by extreme heat, although this does nothing to detract from the engraving of Jy'Barrak Golgotha, Emperor of Chaos, leering from atop his grotesque throne.

2. a cobalt baalzadeen periapt - Increases base health of Apostasy baalzadeens/reduces health cost of baalzadeen abilities.

short: a bloodstained baalzadeen periapt
    dropped: A demonic baalzadeen periapt oozes blood as it rests here.
    examined: Fashioned from flawless ivory atop a cobalt chain, this periapt displays a demonic baalzadeen, blood trickling from its claws and maw.

3. a diamond angel periapt - Increases base health of Spirituality angels/reduces power cost of angel abilities.

short: a diamond angel periapt
    dropped: Light scintillates from a discarded angelic periapt.
    examined: The diamond form of this periapt has been shaped into a guardian angel, its facets gleaming with radiant light as it dangles from a golden chain.

4. <something for druids/sentinels/sylvans, I don't know enough about treehuggers>.

• While I am not endorsing or criticising any ideas, bear in  mind that items in the Shop of Wonders will generally never have direct combat implications.
  • edited August 2015
    Lorielan said:
    While I am not endorsing or criticising any ideas, bear in  mind that items in the Shop of Wonders will generally never have direct combat implications.
    @Lorielan : what about the Bowl of Scrying and the Sceptre of Aquaeous Mastery?

Edit: not trying to be a smartarse but detecting for non-detector classes and flooding rooms/parting water have been useful in combat to my knowledge.
  • Yeah, Sceptre ranks pretty highly on the PvP OPness scale. Just looking at current items, there's flying artefact mounts, increased essence/devotion/karma regen/gain, locate corpses, badge of returning, shrouds, the bonus elixirs, and 50% faster shovel 
  • The sceptre is discontinued for a reason, locating skills are shared across almost (if not) all of the classes.
  • SHIP TRADE : A pair of squabbling seagull chicks
    - Aging ship pet

Youthshort : A pair of squabbling seagull chicks
    Youthroom: Two tiny fluffs of grey caw and gripe to each other as they hunker down on the deck.

middleageroom : A pair of seagulls sporadically scream their territory disputes as they chase each other about the deck.

Oldageroom : A pair of elderly seagulls croon their commentary to the crew as they perch on the railing with their feathers ruffled.

reaction1: Springing to action, a pair of squabbling seagull chicks both rapidly descend on a treat left on the deck. With much screeching and squawking they try to drive the other off before realizing there was never a treat to fight over to begin with.

reaction2: Wings outspread, a pair of squabbling seagulls glide lazily beside the ship.

reaction3: A shouted curse precedes the crashing of a crewmember to the deck as they try an avoid treading on a pair of squabbling seagull chicks.
  • A token of heightened awareness.

A token that can be dropped on the quarterdeck of a ship to expand the pool of ambient messages. While I think it is cool we have the voyeuristic tritons and malevolent seagulls visiting us every so often I think there is potential for more flavour. Wouldn't it be killer if you could also see things like : 

"A gargantuan tentacle rises from the waves and slaps the surface causing a spray of water to soak all those on deck before disappearing back into the depths."

"You feel the vessel lurch to the side as something bumps it from beneath."

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited November 2015
    What I'd kill for is more messages tied to the weather your ship is currently traversing through. Coming with enough of them to have some variety would probably be a bit of an effort for just one person, but I am sure everyone here could put forth some:

A few, as an example:

I - Utter tranquillity greets you on all sides as the ship glides over the ocean's surface

II - Cradled by their gentle motion, the ship sways almost imperceptibly along the waves.

V - The ominous crash of restless waves fills your ears as the sea turns white with froth.

VI -  Disorientation hits you momentarily as the ship tosses and turns about on the whim of white-capped waves.

VIII - A loud groan reaches your hear moments before the vessel tilts dangerously to a side, rushed by the power of an enormous wave.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.