Allow Legendary smiths to create one custom forging descriptor

Hi there,

Since we have the worked iron medallion, I think allow a person one permanent custom Master-level forging descriptor upon reaching Legendary smith. When I reached Legendary smith after Ellodin, the text said I was one of the most storied craftsmen in the history of Achaea. With Legendary smith meaning that, it would be logical if such a person had a "signature" descriptor that he or she invented and refined. This would give people great incentive to get to Legendary smith and would add to the game in a way that I think is logical for this type of achievement.

Thank you for reading my idea.

Comments

• If this were implemented I would start forging. Just saying. 
  • Heck, if this were implemented, I would start forging!
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • If this were implemented I'd move getting legendary up on Aereidhna's bucket list, fo' sho'.
  • Yeah, could be an interesting idea at some point.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Yes, Silvarienian shields and Ellodic longswords for everybody!
  • Krypton said:
    Yes, Silvarienian shields and Ellodic longswords for everybody!
    @Krypton : No, I meant you create one like "shining" or "golden," and put it up for Garden approval. (Both of those already exist, I am just using them for example.)
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Yes, but in the same sense Estach's legendary girth is immortalized in the Estachian feedbag, Legendary blacksmiths might as well choose a descriptor based on their name
  • edited November 2015
    Krypton said:
    Yes, but in the same sense Estach's legendary girth is immortalized in the Estachian feedbag, Legendary blacksmiths might as well choose a descriptor based on their name
    @Krypton : If an individual smith wants to go that route, that smith will probably choose to request that sort of thing for submission. I would not go that route, because a person that wants a cool weapon will more likely want his or her weapon to be "shining" or "golden" than branded with the name of some random person he or she has never met. With something like mining, it's different because something like Silathyst (sp?) is a riftable and minor item that was named after a pioneer in the mining system. With the feedbag, it's something of the same. I doubt people will want their weapon or armor, which is a very prominent thing about them, to carry such a descriptor. If the smith gets it pushed through, I personally think that people would buy weapons and armor with that descriptor less, not more.
  • Krypton said:
    We're unlikely to permit that. ;)
  • edited November 2015
    I do like the idea, but not the part about having the unique descriptors as permanent additions to the adjective pool. I feel like the list would get bloated, if not right away then definitely over the course of years. Instead, I say we should have smiths be able to pick a descriptor that they (and they alone) can use when they're making something.
    I have 150 Lusternian credits that I'll trade over for Achaean ones. Let me know if you're interested!
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I think there are already a lot of superfluous, or "less-desirable" descriptors that don't get used, so I don't know if bloating would really be a concern. Sarapis was always open to adding more descriptors down the line, and this does seem like a pretty cool way to crowdsource it.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.