Singapore 'Ironcon'

Comments

• No, he's right.

• Cahin said:
    No, he's right.
    Fine, he's not welcome at your place. Perfectly welcome at mine.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Which side of U.S. Customs and Immigration is your place on?

• @Ellodin — gare / canoe your way there or something! It'll only take 80 days by handmade palm tree raft! I guess the cost of US > Australia is like the cost of Mainland > Meropis: Just as stupidly long and expensive.

@Mishgul — Breadlord…Lord of torturing Mhaldorian coeliacs?
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

I loaf Mhaldor

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • All the Asians also know Tekura IRL. Going to practice my BBTs on non-Evil people.
  • Excellent, @Guhem! I'm sure S'pore Customs won't bother checking for a +6.5ft tall Asian in a duffle bag (just say he's coming back from mandatory military service).

• i'm 6'2" (188 cm)

i'd probably have more leg room than i normally do.  might get a bit chilly, though.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Meh, I've never actually seen them check locals before.

If all else fails, take a boat from Malaysia to Singapore. Just make sure not to land on Tekong.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Awesome. Ghost island. We can camp there, too!

..kidding.

I hope you guys are also fervent exercisers. I intend to drag you guys up to walk loads around the Henderson Bridge. Will settle on what we'll do when we reach next year, ofc, if there are enough people coming. Drag more people to come!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• @Ellodin That's still crazy tall. Asians Down Under are around the 5' 6/7" mark. I'm just a skint taller than that which always makes for interesting conversations.

@Guhem Yeah probably not a good idea for that one...

@Ruth Nothing wrong with walking! It's faster than public transport in M'sia sometimes.

• edited September 2012
    Also, fun fact. I'm 1cm shorter than Ellodin.

For those that didn't get my reference, there was something that happened about 8 years ago.

[spoiler]
    Massive manhunt on Pulau Tekong for 3 armed robbers who fled from Johor
    By Walter Fernandez, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE
    : More than 400 soldiers and policemen were conducting a massive manhunt on Thursday for three armed robbers on Pulau Tekong.

The three men are suspected of committing an armed robbery in Johor.

Malaysian police told Channel NewsAsia the men are believed to be Indonesians and are armed with a pistol and pump action gun.

Malaysian media say they robbed a businessman in Kota Tinggi of 600 ringgit, before they robbed a Johor boat rental company of 10,000 ringgit.

They were being pursued by Malaysian police but fled the country at about 8.45 am Thursday in a motorised sampan.

They landed on Pulau Tekong, one of Singapore's largest islands, which lies to the north-east.

The manhunt, which began at 9 am, involves 200 soldiers armed with M16s, 200 policemen, a dozen dogs and two helicopters.

The island has also been cordoned off by patrol craft from the Coast Guard.

There are no residents on the island but there are at least two army camps there, which are used for basic military training.

All military training was stopped at 10.30 am and recruits have been ordered to stay indoors. - CNA
    [/spoiler]
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited October 2012
    I wanna go to Asiain Ironcon just to meet Ruth. Also, why is Boosteya disliking like every post in this thread?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Ellodin said:
    @Wysteria i'm a really long swim away.  must not allow extermination though, you're right.  WHERE'S THE GODDAMNED FERRY and why isn't transportation as simple in realS
    Surely there's at least a Gare exit to Hawai'i, though?
  • If I had money I would go... even if I'm not Asian. I would be the token white guy
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Afaik, Aepas isn't asian! So he would be the token white guy. Unless you'll want to usurp that position and show up too. Just sneak into someone's baggage to Singapore.

• Dang it! Oh well, either way if I have the money then I plan to go
  • Might look at making the trip over, depends on finances at the time and the pesky annoying family.
  • Aepas said:
    why are all the azn's evil. Can we get some  more good guys to balance things?
    Me!
  • OMG... Yay!!! I live in Singapore. Wonderful!
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    You do, do you? Great! Then you can come along when we set this meet up!

• No. Arlanda may not come.

SO SAYS AEPAS
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Is this thing on >_>

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    It's for next year, I think. So, it hasn't been cancelled yet xD
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Aepas said:
    No. Arlanda may not come.

SO SAYS AEPAS
    RAWR
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Yeah, without a doubt, going to still hold this, @skye.

• So thinking of coasta sands or aloha or? 
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Why not just have a bunch of us SG folks just meet for a lunch or go expo and walk-walk or something first? >_>

• Skye is from SG too... Cool. I'm definitely up for that