Lack of Players?

Just curious, is this game on a decline? I've played off and on for quite some time, but I've never seen the world with this few of players. Feels somewhat empty. Is it because of many of the new changes, such as classes and especially the houses?

Comments

• The population swells and ebbs doing the day. Right now is classed as off-peak so numbers are in the low end of the scale. Look again about serenade (0000GMT) you'll find more people about.

That and a few big titles launched recently.
  • If you're checking the WHO list for people, also be aware that quite a few have gems of cloaking, which will make it seem like there aren't as many. And with Meropis, islands and ships (plus off-plane areas), there's also plenty of places where people can go that are (relatively speaking) off the beaten path.

And, well, yeah. Fallout.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Time of year matters, too. If people are busy with holidays, or have free time due to breaks, or busy with exams, etc.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited November 2015
    Yep, lot of factors...holidays, people going back to school, busy seasons at work (for customer service/retail because of the holidays and for health insurance in the U.S. anyway), weather's nice in some areas so people want to be outside, oh and apparently the release of some other silly game I've never heard of which is obviously inferior because it has pictures.

Plus time of day/day of the week/which city tends to matter a lot - for example in Cyrene it's usually busiest 2-3 hours after Serenade. Possibly also fatigue from lots of in-game events one after another (maybe that's just me, though, and it's been -amazing-, don't get me wrong, just really full the last 5 months with more coming!). It seems to me the class/House changes have actually inspired more activity rather than the opposite, though.

In my case it's because I'm moving, I promise I'll be back to bother y'all on a mostly daily basis in a couple weeks. <3
  • The fallout 4 players would agree,umfortunately they are not here

• I don't know if a game like Achaea could ever really be on the decline. It is just in such a niche genre of gaming and is one of the handful that is actively developed and run by a paid staff. Now..back to fallout 4, it looks like a salesman is knocking on my door and my wife says he keeps coming by asking for me.

• edited November 2015
    Sheesh, I figure if I'm going to pay 60$ for something, it's going to be on a game with an active staff that actually considers a massive number bugs and glitches to be unacceptable.

Fallout 4 comes out in a year for half the money and when the modders have fixed the bugs/graphics/story/combat to be twice as good.

No idea what this Fallout 4 is. Down with the graphics games!

• Shadizar said:
    I don't know if a game like Achaea could ever really be on the decline. It is just in such a niche genre of gaming and is one of the handful that is actively developed and run by a paid staff. Now..back to fallout 4, it looks like a salesman is knocking on my door and my wife says he keeps coming by asking for me.
    Gooo Awwwaay.

Did make me chuckle.
  • On an upnote, we've had a strange influx of true newbies into Targossas this week. It's been super fun.
  • Just don't fire lasers at armor holy shit.

• While everyone is away Ill take over Mhaldor and make it a butterfly sanctuary!

Gamden said:
    While everyone is away Ill take over Mhaldor and make it a butterfly sanctuary!
    Bah. People have released butterflies in Mhaldor too many times. Try something new! Also, quit sleep foruming. You never know what trouble you're going to get yourself into.

• Fallout 4, Starcraft II - LoTV
    Yeah, two long awaited AAA games coming out the same day tends to do that.
    Don't worry about it :)

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Siduri said:
    Fallout 4, Starcraft II - LoTV
    Yeah, two long awaited AAA games coming out the same day tends to do that.
    Don't worry about it :)
    You must construct additional pylons to warp in more players.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Trey said:
    Just don't fire lasers at armor holy shit.
    @Trey : Imma chargin mah lazer.
  • In a few days people will begin to crawl out through the fallout, baby.
  • I'm afraid. Fallout 3 took my soul for so long last time. 
  • Eh it's just like retail, peaks and valleys
  • Never played Fallout, no interest in playing it.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Seftin said:
    Never played Fallout, no interest in playing it.
    I've heard it has... O.o grraphics O.o

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Seftin said:
    Never played Fallout, no interest in playing it.
    I've heard it has... O.o grraphics O.o
    What are graphics? Are they like graphs?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    It's the difference between a book and a comic. One's for grown-ups, the other for kids. :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."