November Promo - Announce 4447

2»

Comments

• The Sceptre of Aqueous Mastery is a two-foot long wand carved from the white tusk of a Eusian geryas.
     The sceptre is covered in carved symbols of power in a flowing script that glow a sharp azure. The 
    light from the sigils pulses faintly in time with the pulsing of an amorphous globule of water that 
    swirls and shifts around the tip of the sceptre. The size of a fist, the sphere of water is 
    obviously the magical heart of the sceptre.
    It weighs about 6 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Sylvaria.
    You may use this item to parry with.
    It will reset to you.
  • Also of note: If anyone has a stone, buy the damn kris. Don't think twice, don't think trading it in for credits is smart, get the damn kris! Holy crap I don't know how I lived without it... I cry everytime I gutt some poor corpse and offer up to valnurana now...
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Why was the diamond pipe worth 9mc? I'm legitimately curious why 15 artefact pipe puffs is considered that much more powerful than 10.
  • edited November 2015
    Krypton said:
    Why was the diamond pipe worth 9mc? I'm legitimately curious why 15 artefact pipe puffs is considered that much more powerful than 10.
    Unless I am missing something, simple subtraction would say five more powerful? or 50% more powerful

Although I do feel like I am having a spinal tap "but it's one more!" Moment 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I mean why is 5 extra puffs per herb apparently worth 9mc = ~400 cr, or a 1000cr-purchase reward.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    edited November 2015
    You forgot the tophat!

@Sarathai
    @Klendathu
  • Krypton said:
    I mean why is 5 extra puffs per herb apparently worth 9mc = ~400 cr, or a 1000cr-purchase reward.

Considering the cost increase of regular pipe vs no lighting (50 gold to 50c (over 300k gold), a 6000% increase, getting 5 extra puffs for a 800% increase sounds like a solid deal.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • No lighting is actually pretty useful. Considering you can have a 100% increase in puffs by just purchasing another 50 cr pipe, I don't see the 15 puff appeal
  • Kafziel said:
    No lighting is actually pretty useful. Considering you can have a 100% increase in puffs by just purchasing another 50 cr pipe, I don't see the 15 puff appeal
    It not being lit, since it's instant, seems like it's the same danger as it being out?

I don't really fight so I could be off base there.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Your pipe can become unlit in aeon, but it's not going to run out of puffs if you have a simple script to track that.
  • Trevize said:
    Kafziel said:
    No lighting is actually pretty useful. Considering you can have a 100% increase in puffs by just purchasing another 50 cr pipe, I don't see the 15 puff appeal
    It not being lit, since it's instant, seems like it's the same danger as it being out?

I don't really fight so I could be off base there.
    You can empty a pipe and refill it at your leisure when it's down to one or two puffs to avoid (or at least reduce the chances of) running out at an inopportune moment. Harder to mitigate the chance of your elm pipe going dark between getting hit with aeon and curing it.
  • You'll also not be using as many herbs. That's also a plus right?
  • Tahquil said:
    You'll also not be using as many herbs. That's also a plus right?
    I use 100 valerian twice a day at 420. Donmt harsh my buzz
  • My dealer @Tecton strikes again.

• @Oceana so should be a set?
  • edited November 2015
    Oceana said:
    You forgot the tophat!

@Sarathai
    @Klendathu
    @Oceana : pretty sure @Vadimuses sports that sort of thing too, at least in his e-mail avatar.