Demonyms/gentilics for denizens of the different villages

So, I am admittedly not certain whether this is the correct place for this question, but are there villages other than New Thera, Zanzibaar and the player-run cities with official or semi-official demonyms? I am mostly asking to see if there's an official term for someone from Caer Witrin, but I am curious about other places as well.

@Sarapis @Tecton

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Comments

• I need to know the demonym for Caer Witrin for my haiku. Admins please
  • Jaruvian, Tapoan, Colchian, Umbrinite, Orillan, Nimickian*, Sulien*, Arcadian, Siroccian**, Riodian...

*Not 100% sure that I'm remembering these right (for Nimick and Suliel).
    **I'm not sure whether the residents of Sirocco are actually referred to as Siroccian anywhere in game, but I'm assuming that that's meant to be the origin of the name for the mountains, and that the word would be the same. The orcs and dwarves in the mountains are also commonly called Siroccian orcs/dwarves, but again, not sure if that's actually used anywhere in game.
  • EldEld
    edited November 2015
    Not sure if Inbhir (as in "Inbhir terrier") is meant to be a demonym, or just a shortening of Inbhir Ness. I seem to recall the residents of Minos being referred to as Minoan, but I may be mixing that up with RL. Pretty sure there's one for Rheodad, but can't remember it for sure (Rheodan?). People from Petra are Petran, I believe. Lothians from Lothos (and similar for the rest of the triton city-states, but they're not accessible). Also not an accessible place, but I believe the people of Kashar are Kashari.

Edit: Also, Mysian, and I think Khulian.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Already ending in -in, presumably they are Caer Witrins.
  • Krypton said:
    Already ending in -in, presumably they are Caer Witrins.
    I was thinking I had seen Witrian, but I'm probably just making that up.
  • Witrian would make sense.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Haraekanewa for Harae, according to HELP HARAE, which is fairly awesome. Very Hawaiian.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I love Witrian.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Trey said:
    Should start marketing my real estate there as Hawaiian paradise for sale.

More like Australia, as much as stuff afflicts.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Trey said:

Not everything afflicts here. Just anything with more than 2 legs, any tree that has leaves and anything waiting in the welfare line. It's pretty easy to avoid as long as you never leave the house.
  • Would probably be easier to list the place that don't have one. The one that always interested me was in Aran'riod, probably because I can never quite remember how to spell it. Hunting there would be so much easier if I could remember. Yriluawan or something.
  • Sylvaria said:
    Trevize said:
    Trey said:

Not everything afflicts here. Just anything with more than 2 legs, any tree that has leaves and anything waiting in the welfare line. It's pretty easy to avoid as long as you never leave the house.
    The stuff here with no legs afflicts as well.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Kez said:
    Would probably be easier to list the place that don't have one. The one that always interested me was in Aran'riod, probably because I can never quite remember how to spell it. Hunting there would be so much easier if I could remember. Yriluawan or something.
    Ah, right, I forgot about the Yriluawe. That also makes Aran'riod interesting for being one of the only places with separate words indicating belonging to the group of people who live there (yriluawen) and being from the place (riodian). Assuming, of course, that I'm remembering correctly that that's where riodian warhorses come from. 
  • Eld said:
    Kez said:
    Would probably be easier to list the place that don't have one. The one that always interested me was in Aran'riod, probably because I can never quite remember how to spell it. Hunting there would be so much easier if I could remember. Yriluawan or something.
    Ah, right, I forgot about the Yriluawe. That also makes Aran'riod interesting for being one of the only places with separate words indicating belonging to the group of people who live there (yriluawen) and being from the place (riodian). Assuming, of course, that I'm remembering correctly that that's where riodian warhorses come from. 
    I think you mean "roidian" and they are mass spawned from lance armstrong's sweat i think.
    There are "Caer Witrin town guard" and "Caer Witrin villager" -- that may be the adjective form, similar to "Theran guard" and "New Theran villager".
  • For a second, I thought 'Demonyms' was a new Evil skillset that involves enslaving daemons with their true names. 

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited November 2015
    Death slugs are Ulangian. Is Yudhishthira Polyargossian, Polyargon, or Polyargoan? The last sounds more correct.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Polyargive?

(Little-known fact: the lepers are all Polyargonauts!)
  • Halos said:
    Death slugs are Ulangian. Is Yudhishthira Polyargossian, Polyargon, or Polyargoan? The last sounds more correct.

Polygon.
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Halos said:

Polygon.

How many sides does Yudhishthira have?
  • Trevize said:
    Halos said:

Polygon.
    Except for that time Maklak turned him plaid as a prank. Then he was Polyargyle.
  • Thinking about the topic in general, it's interesting how skewed Achaean demonyms seem to be toward the default -n suffix, in some form or other. There are a few -i and -ite ones, and one -ese, but I can't think of any that end in -ish or -ic (though there are a couple place names that use -ic forms of the beings they're named after). 
    Halos said:
    Polyargon

Followed by next in the series, Polykrypton
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I preferred Cyrenese to Cyrenian when I lived there. Ashtani, Hashani, Targossian, Mhaldorkian.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    I preferred Cyrenese to Cyrenian when I lived there. Ashtani, Hashani, Targossian, Mhaldorkian.
    Wow, I thought I was the only one.
  • Krypton said:
    Halos said:
    Polyargon

But can the world handle two kryptons?
  • Elowin said:
    Kyrra said:
    Wow, I thought I was the only one.
    Yep, I prefer Mhaldorkian too.
  • Trevize said:
    Krypton said:
    Halos said:
    Polyargon

But can the world handle two kryptons?
    Nope. We'd have to start mining polykryptonite.