Pictures of horrible spiders

Comments

• OceanaOceana North Sea

Horribly pretty.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Its feeding time :O

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited June 2015
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Trey said:
    I hate you more than words can express at the current moment.
    Huh. Neat.
  • The spiderbro just wants to be friends.
    meh

•        

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I feel that this thread needs a revival...

For the record, if I saw this coming at me I'd nope the fuck out of there and try to scream with my mouth closed.

• edited November 2015
    Skye said:

For the record, if I saw this coming at me I'd nope the fuck out of there and try to scream with my mouth closed.

The Moroccan flic-flac spider is nocturnal and is known to feed on moths before sunrise.[5] It spends the hot desert days in its cool burrow in the sand protected from the sun and predators. The spider creates its dwelling with its pedipalps (feelers) and bristles, forming long, vertical tubes out of sand and silk.[5][1][3] Using a series of rapid, acrobatic flic-flac movements of its legs similar to those used by gymnasts, the spider is able to actively propel itself off the ground, allowing it to move both down and uphill, even at a 40 percent incline.[5] This behavior is different than other huntsman spiders, such asCarparachne aureoflava from the Namib Desert, which uses passive cartwheeling as a form of locomotion.[3] The flic-flac spider can reach speeds of up to 2 m/s using forward or back flips to evade threats.[1][2]

EDIT: For something as tiny as that thing is, that's fucking fast. Apparently the biggest one's bodies are only 19mm long or so.

• Trey said:
    Skye said:

The Moroccan flic-flac spider is nocturnal and is known to feed on moths before sunrise.[5] It spends the hot desert days in its cool burrow in the sand protected from the sun and predators. The spider creates its dwelling with its pedipalps (feelers) and bristles, forming long, vertical tubes out of sand and silk.[5][1][3] Using a series of rapid, acrobatic flic-flac movements of its legs similar to those used by gymnasts, the spider is able to actively propel itself off the ground, allowing it to move both down and uphill, even at a 40 percent incline.[5] This behavior is different than other huntsman spiders, such asCarparachne aureoflava from the Namib Desert, which uses passive cartwheeling as a form of locomotion.[3] The flic-flac spider can reach speeds of up to 2 m/s using forward or back flips to evade threats.[1][2]

EDIT: For something as tiny as that thing is, that's fucking fast. Apparently the biggest one's bodies are only 19mm long or so.
    These spiders have somersault!!!
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  •       

• Because you didn't need to sleep anyway.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae

• Spider-snake!
  • KyrraKyrra Australia

Because who doesn't love a giant, lava spewing tarantula?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• OceanaOceana North Sea

@Kyrra
    Dousing spider summoned!
  • Oh Senpai lightning spider is so amazing.....
  • I is here for hugs!
  • edited November 2015
    Ack, can't delete this. Soz guys.

• what is wrong with you people?

Why did I click this!
    ACK!

I'm used to cushy Canada where our biggest spider is like a half inch wide in the wild D:

•              

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Less than a metre from the work toilet...

I love Australia...
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Jukilian you can clearly see it contemplating jumping on you.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• That is what I feared...

I almost thought that he'd left now, but he's still here.

He's being sneaky
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

• Wall spider...
                  watchin' you pee....
  • Those big huntsman spiders at my work keep doing that. It's creepy...
  • edited January 2016
    I hate spiders. Yet, I still clicked on this thread and spent the past 10 minutes browsing it, just in case the thread title was a lie. My body now itches everywhere.