Favorite Enemy

Hey guys. Just curious who each is your favorite as a player member(s) of your character's enemy factions. Someone IC you dislike but find a meaningful aspect of your gameplay either via roleplaying or otherwise.

I have some interesting talks with @Xinna but would have to pick @Taraus, Greys's pirate counterpart. Though at the sea, he runs into @Ruth and @Jinsun a lot more.

Comments

• I absolutely love trash talk, so anyone who sends tells with IC (not OOC) rage/angst/taunts/whatever else, is a fun opponent.

To date, @Greys is my favorite bounty - no chance of catching him, but the conversations that came out of it made the frustration worth it.
  • Heh, that was fun @Khel! You did challenge me a bit mentally which I found much more meaningful (and with far more serious stakes than simply dying).
  • I love like most of Mhaldor OOCly lol :(
  • @Kiet c'mon play favorites  ;)
  • Gonna have to go with @Jurixe, even though we don't talk much anymore considering neither of us really plays right now :(

( <3 )

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Most of my favorites are Mhaldorians... @Ysela, @Melodie, @Saeva, @Xinna and maybe even @Aepas.

Then @Atalkez and @Vacen, both my two favorite Ashtani and Oathbreakers. <3
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    My enemy was @Mithraea. But She got rekted, so I guess I got the last laugh!
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Aoghinius. Amunet. Taraus. Kiet. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Aodfionn said:
    Aoghinius. Amunet. Taraus. Kiet. 
    Wow. See if I send you a Christmas card this year.

I won't.

• edited November 2015
    @Ethoas for sure. We've had some good RP times and then just messing around on clouds with @Atalkez

As of yesterday @Xinna is an up and coming favorite. 
  • @Daeir is probably one of my favourite enemies. Such a love hate relationship over the years.

@Arditi is a missing soul I always like to exchange barbs with. That sort of hate that feels alive because he was one of the ones who ushered Saeva into Mhaldor then he left. On that note, @Kafziel, eff u too.

@Kiet has recently become my new favourite forestal to tease about smelling like dirt and leafs.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I think my all-time favorite enemy was @Flair.

He was the first person I could ever really be a "frienemy" with and I've never quite gotten the same experience out of anyone than I did him (and lord knows I've made many an enemy). He taught me a lot about cross-faction roleplay and I just had such a blast with him and the crew. I truly miss him.

When I was still in Cyrene/priestess, @Hasar was also a great enemy, and we had an extended bit of interaction that was very refreshing and still presents some interesting challenges on the other side of the fence. @Aepas as well. Would slap again.

More presently, I'm not sure I have a particular favorite. I've played enough of my cards that a lot of the "other side" won't interact at length with me, which is a shame but understandable. @Kasya being one of the few (lovely) exceptions.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  •  ;)  ;) I only kill scrubs.

• Sarapis said:
    @Tecton Aww, thanks. I try. (P.S. You better have those fucking TPS reports to me by 9 am tomorrow.)

There was once a prominent player and combatant (probably before the time of virtually all of you - this would have been around 2000) who, on me threatening him with shrubbing if he didn't start behaving, proclaimed that he was my nemesis and that therefore both I and Achaea needed him, so I wouldn't dare to shrub him.

Hundreds of years of gentle summer breezes wafting through his leafy branches later, he remains a decorative shrubbery that the Black Boar occasionally wanders over to pee on, his name wiped from history. 

I could be way off base here, but Korr?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Sarapis said:
    @Tecton Aww, thanks. I try. (P.S. You better have those fucking TPS reports to me by 9 am tomorrow.)

There was once a prominent player and combatant (probably before the time of virtually all of you - this would have been around 2000) who, on me threatening him with shrubbing if he didn't start behaving, proclaimed that he was my nemesis and that therefore both I and Achaea needed him, so I wouldn't dare to shrub him.

Hundreds of years of gentle summer breezes wafting through his leafy branches later, he remains a decorative shrubbery that the Black Boar occasionally wanders over to pee on, his name wiped from history. 

I could be way off base here, but Korr?
    Newp.  
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Sarapis said:

And don't forget to add the cover sheet. Don't make him fax one over.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited November 2015
    My favourite frenenemy would have to be @Ellodin. He has been the hardest person ever to debate philosophy with, and if it ends up turning into a duel, he's able to talk shit while simultaneously beating the shit out of me. :anguished: Also the scariest person for me to run into on the seas, because he can keep up pretty well and predict where I turn and wavecall to. Single person who has managed to catch and grapple me on a ship twice.

But Ruth still finds herself working with him in the Asterian Restoration, so that's interesting.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I was always secretly an @Aodfionn fan. :(

Then as the military opposition, there's of course @Austere . <3

@Seragorn is always cool to spar and stuff.

I'll tag @Atalkez too so he doesn't feel bad, 'cause he's my bestie, but he doesn't really count because he's supposed to be in my faction. So I'll never really see him as a "favorite enemy".

• AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited November 2015
    I don't have many enemies, but my best adversarial experiences have been with @Kinilan, love him, 10/10 would exchange witty barbs while trying not to get sunk again. Also debating Mhaldorian points of view with @Kisharo (pre-amnesty we teamed up while distrusting one another to fight the zombie invasion/plague thing, my protege damn near got them both killed by 'infiltrating' Mhaldor while trying out her serpent skills and following him around, but post-amnesty he became one of Aereidhna's best friends). I loved finding out what drew him to Mhaldor, why he loved it so much - that is what I/Aereidhna find fascinating. Aereidhna tends to view other factions as short-sighted and sometimes too extreme, but she loves learning why people think the way they do and why they choose to be where they are.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    @Corbeaux was a fun enemy back in the day, but Jurixe is actually not a very fun person to be an enemy with because she prefers to ignore people she dislikes or finds no value in continuing correspondence with. After she more or less figured out dealing with Corbeaux was useless, the interaction couldn't really progress any further as they didn't have much in the way of face-to-face meetings to continue the unlikely friendship. 

There are a lot of unresolved issues with @Antidas's defection as the pair never really got to talk about it beyond a traded barb here and there mid-raid, so that's more or less filed under 'useless and ignore forever' at the moment, though she could be baited into a response (if he were EVER HERE ANYWAY). Otherwise, she doesn't really have enemies since she adopts a more neutral outwards appearance with the Restoration work, believing it helps her get a more coldly logical perspective on things. (it doesn't really) 

She does have other people whom are sore spots for her, but those are best discovered in-game since they're not really 'enemies'.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Jurixe said:
    @Corbeaux was a fun enemy back in the day, but Jurixe is actually not a very fun person to be an enemy with because she prefers to ignore people she dislikes or finds no value in continuing correspondence with. After she more or less figured out dealing with Corbeaux was useless, the interaction couldn't really progress any further as they didn't have much in the way of face-to-face meetings to continue the unlikely friendship. 

There are a lot of unresolved issues with @Antidas's defection as the pair never really got to talk about it beyond a traded barb here and there mid-raid, so that's more or less filed under 'useless and ignore forever' at the moment, though she could be baited into a response (if he were EVER HERE ANYWAY). Otherwise, she doesn't really have enemies since she adopts a more neutral outwards appearance with the Restoration work, believing it helps her get a more coldly logical perspective on things. (it doesn't really) 

She does have other people whom are sore spots for her, but those are best discovered in-game since they're not really 'enemies'.
    Oh damn I forgot about Corbeaux. Way fun back and forth that eventually faltered.

• I like fighting with @Rangor. He's generally good about keeping fights a good length and generally enjoyable, and he always has something amusing to say during/after. I miss a lot of enemies I used to have a lot of significant interaction with (mostly people who were in Matsuhama's Order, like Deridius and Rennyn). I'd say @Ellodin, but he's not really an enemy, I suppose (even though I think we've shot arrows at each other a few times).

Should probably make more frenemies sometime :/
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I tend to not have enemies at all, but if I have to name someone, it would likely be @Tesha for a factional enemy. We've had this ongoing thing for such a long time, and there's been a few really defining moments that have resulted from the intense days-long conversations we've had. I've never been under so much pressure to convert before.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• People rarely raid Hashan when I'm on and when they do they don't banter or anything :frown: 

I'm enemy deprived.