bashing guides

Are there any updated bashing guides? I've used this one for years now but I was wondering if there are any newer, updated ones, as that one seems .. well, either abandoned or ill-maintained, though it has served me well.

I also use MCI's hunting guide as a general guideline, too and so I basically have a nice little predetermined loop of places I frequent when bashing. But I want to try new places and stuff. Good exp gain and gold drops would be nice, too.

I'm currently a lvl 72 Rajamalan Apostate, sooooo. Throw the suggestions at me, pretty please.
(XXXX): Peak says, "You worry me."

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    You could check out this thread for some suggestions.
    Alcaro said:
    this one seems .. well, either abandoned or ill-maintained
    Yeah... The homepage states that it has been retired since 2009...
  • Why anyone would share this information outside of the game is a little beyond me... Perfect interaction chance, if you were to ask people ICly.

• Just follow me around. I murder everything in sight.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Cynlael said:
    Why anyone would share this information outside of the game is a little beyond me... Perfect interaction chance, if you were to ask people ICly.
      No one talks to me in-game because I'm Mhaldorian :c I'm Evil scum!
    Trevize said:
    Just follow me around. I murder everything in sight.
      I'm so doing this.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Best advice is to just work on your exploring rank and get familiar with the world around your character. You'll quickly find out what's too small, what's good for now, and what is too hard now but will be good later. Knowing your way around and the different areas by experimenting yourself is far more valuable than just taking the opinions of others. Especially since every class is different, people have varying amounts of artefacts, and what people think is "hard" or "easy" depends on the hunters themselves... some are more daring and like a challenge, others like to take it very easy.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• edited November 2015
    At level 72, Phereklos should be an extremely good choice. Basically, it's a higher level Manara. It's not the fastest place to get experience, but it's still decent experience, and it's pretty safe (if you avoid the aggressive hydras on the bottom level, or at least groups of them) without any dangerous afflictions (if you can handle blackout) or many afflictions at all really. Also like Manara, there are tons of denizens, it could probably support 3-4 people bashing there at the same time without anyone ever running out of things to kill. And there are a lot of good butchering reagents to gather there (ink bladders, fish scales, shark teeth), even if you don't have gathering yourself it shouldn't be hard to find someone who wants the corpses (especially the sharks).

On top of all that, it seems like nobody ever bashes there because it's in a pretty out-of-the-way location. Even during great hunts when nearly every bashing area is picked clean, I never ran out of things to bash in Phereklos (at most I only shared them with one other person, and there was enough to go around).

The gold, however, is pathetic (if you don't count selling reagents/corpses, which might get you a bit). Until you're a much higher level, you'll want to quest for gold rather than just bashing normally.
  • What's your health and class?

Any arties? Do you get runes/whatever extra for hunting?

Where you hunt is dependent upon what you can tank.
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    What's your health and class?

Any arties? Do you get runes/whatever extra for hunting?

Where you hunt is dependent upon what you can tank.
      Apostate, 3000+ health. No artefacts, because I'm poor. No runes, unless I pester @Ineug for some.
  • edited November 2015
    Could always ask your House about it in-game. I keep a list of bashing spots for the Heartwood Kin, for example.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited November 2015
    for 3k health, off the top of my head, here's an incomplete list of where you can hunt: (I hunt all of these and more on my serpent, high 60s, dex spec)

Creville, avoid the top two levels and large groups as some wander
    Forestwatch if you can clot. DO NOT try if you can't. Avoid the Buckawn Lord
    Manara isn't bad until after around 80 with the new changes.
    Scorpion pit
    Goblin Village
    Upper level of Azdun (avoid Lachesis)
    Azdun second level if you avoid groups and pull vampires and such away on their own. DO NOT try graveyard
    Maim's maze
    Sea Lion Cove
    Shala'jen past and present
    Bella's entrance and sewers. Ogres/hounds if you avoid groups.
    Animals in the Vashnars.
    Dun swamp.
    Dun Fortress -villages- (don't take the north side to the Fortress proper, you will die fast)
    Mysia
    Sewer thugs/leeches- avoid groups
    Harae
    Ulangi
    Green Lake
    Qurnok (avoid groups)
  • edited November 2015
    Don't suggest Mysia, Qurnok, Harae, Creville or Dun Swamp until ~4k hp, unless you want to be skipping about half the area, or spending half your time running (aka inefficient hunting). Especially without trans avoidance at that low hp.

• Cynlael said:
    Don't suggest Mysia, Qurnok, Harae, Creville or Dun Swamp until ~4k hp, unless you want to be skipping about half the area, or spending half your time running (aka inefficient hunting). Especially without trans avoidance at that low hp.
    I hunt there with around that health on an alt.

You learn fast what to skip to not waste time.
  • edited November 2015
    If you're skipping things, you're already wasting time that could be spent in more appropriate areas. Rest of the list is okay, could add Arcadia to that (not the guard level, everything else will still net substantial experience until 85ish, if you clear it all)... What you -can- hunt, and what you -should- hunt (optimally) are usually two different things.

Golden rule: If you can't take everything in the area (bar outlier mobs, like Chenubis and such), without running at all, then you should probably skip hunting there until higher.

• edited November 2015
    Cynlael said:
    If you're skipping things, you're already wasting time that could be spent in more appropriate areas. Rest of the list is okay, could add Arcadia to that (not the guard level, everything else will still net substantial experience until 85ish, if you clear it all)... What you -can- hunt, and what you -should- hunt (optimally) are usually two different things.

Golden rule: If you can't take everything in the area (bar outlier mobs, like Chenubis and such), without running at all, then you should probably skip hunting there until higher.
    As a general rule, I agree with you. I listed the few I did because they're still worth it despite skipping a few things, and you can transition into the rest as you get stronger. Harae is the only one I was debating on there, it's not really amazing imo.

Travel time does make a big difference, though. If you're walking from one side of the world to the other, killing every single mob is absolutely vital. If you're walking to a nearby area, though, it becomes less important. That's why I tend to avoid even the most rewarding of 'tiny' areas that aren't right next to another hunting spot.
  • edited November 2015
    I really don't think Harae is worth it to be honest, waste of so much curatives if you're not critting a ton...
    I'll admit my disagreeing (re: Dun Swamp at least) is largely because I detest when people hunt everything but the spinorthos and warthogs. Freaking irritating... I mean, those give higher gold/exp than the rest by a decent margin.

Mysia can be lethal for anyone around 3000 hp though, with the hp increases. And Creville/Qurnok, you're probably gonna be skipping about half the area (or waiting a really long time for movement) if you're going there with anything less than about 3700-4000 hp.

Mt Piraeus is easy, same with the Dwarf/Orc camps in the Siroccians. Bitterfork/Darkenwood can be easy experience pre-80 as well, if you can deal with webwebwebwebwebwebwebwebwebweb. The battlerage/health changes made so many more areas feasible for >80. Manara can last easily until 85-90 if you get it early, when it's not frequently hunted. Same with Nuskuwe and Blackrock (be wary of Mhaldorks, though :pleased: )

• edited November 2015
    Cynlael said:
    The battlerage/health changes made so many more areas feasible for >80. Manara can last easily until 85-90 if you get it early, when it's not frequently hunted.
    This. So much this.

Best part of the changes is you can hunt 'under' level and still do very, very well.

edit: I also second the 'avoid afflictions to save gold' thing. Depends a lot on how well you make gold, or if you have friends that give cheap or free refills/minerals.
  • I'd recommend Shala'jen past and present, Ulangi for some quick cash (first part of the manticore caverns by Genji are nifty, too), and the lower levels of Manara. Rinse and repeat until you've hit your percentage quota for the day or get bored. Unless your duder is like Spas. Spas has to sit and meditate before repeating 'cause clotting + shaman really zap willpower.

There are a lot more options if you find a group to go hunting with.
  • I usually just find a dragon and follow them around while they hunt. Like @Aeden, @Tharvis, @Proficy ..
  • Spas said:
    I'd recommend Shala'jen past and present, Ulangi for some quick cash (first part of the manticore caverns by Genji are nifty, too), and the lower levels of Manara. Rinse and repeat until you've hit your percentage quota for the day or get bored. Unless your duder is like Spas. Spas has to sit and meditate before repeating 'cause clotting + shaman really zap willpower.

There are a lot more options if you find a group to go hunting with.
    Try using Arius tethered. It does comparable dps despite being slower, and has no WP drain.
  • Around that level I did:

- Manara (yes, just shush and do it)
    - Nuskuwe carefully if you are squishy
    - Riparium
    - Shala Jen
    - Ulangi
    - If you can kill innocents, Aran'riod and merchant villages
    - Qurnok
    - Sealion

General notes:

1. Speed > large mob. Seeing the big exp gains is nice but dieing and losing it all isn't.
    2. Hide your exp. Stop hitting qsc. You will go mad.
    3. Spend less time looking for optimal bashing routes and more time bashing

You will get there! It just takes work
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    edited November 2015
    slightly outdated penwizian scroll

-----------------
    | 3000h - 4000h |
    -----------------
    - Aalen (Everything apart from Tsol'aa Village)
    - Adryn's Keep
    - Annwyn (animals/wildlife, avoid kelpies at night)
    - Arcadia (avoid Chenubis, enemied to Lord Vastar's Order and hunted
    by;Order members if bashed)
    - Lower Azdun* (except the graveyard, Lachesis, vampires.
    have;bloodroot. avoid Zsarachnor)
    - Barony of Dun Valley (7 Ogre Knights team)
    - Belladona's Keep
    - Bitterfork
    - Blackrock village (Enemied to Mhaldor if bashed, you could very
    well;be attacked by Mhaldorians if you're caught)
    - Clockwork Isle
    - Confusia
    - Creville Asylum* (upper floors, some creatures do afflict)
    - Darkenwood* (arachnoi)
    - Dun Fortress (not topmost level 'til higher levels)
    - Dun Valley swamp
    - Eirenwaar Island
    - El'Jazira
    - Harae*
    - Ilyrean Caves
    - Inbhir Ness
    - Ka'doloki
    - Kasmarkin*
    - Maze beneath Maim's mansion* (Have goldenseal, bloodroot and ginseng)
    - Mhojave (Things of Chaos/Abominations)
    - Moghedu (miners, guards, warriors)
    - Mount Piraeus
    - Mysia
    - Phereklos
    - Puturan Hills
    - Quisalis Caves* (initiates and seers, avoid cryptbeast)
    - Rats and leeches in sewers
    - Thugs in sewers of Ashtan, Shallam, Hashan (Sewers skill in
    Survival;required)
    - Scorpion pit*
    - Sea Lion Cove*
    - Shastaan
    - Southern Vashnars (bears, drakes afflict cold)
    - Tomacula
    - Tundra (Teams, Wendigos are aggressive: Ice Tower guards as
    well,;freezes)
    - Ulangi (Horkval Hive)
    - Underworld (All except Vampires, scorpions, Deathknights and
    named;denizens)
    - Western Vashnars
    - Xhaiden Dale (The Monks and all wildlife.)
    - Zanzibaar Isle (animals, islanders)
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."