ghost hunt meet-up

So! The purpose of this thread is to gauge interest, if any, on a group of us getting together to spend 8 hours overnight in an abandoned lunatic asylum. O.o  I've been wanting to (or think I want to) do something like this for awhile, but my family and friends are very anti-adventurous. I'd be willing to set it up if enough of us wanted to go, and I would likely shoot for this coming August/September. 

A few details:

The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in Weston, WVa.
http://www.trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com
Private 8 hour hunt (entire building to ourselves)
Check-in 9 pm and released at 5 am. 
10 person minimum @ $150.00 per person plus a $250.00 insurance policy to be split by the group

This is the Ghost Hunters episode that was filmed at the asylum.

Again, I am just looking to see how many would be interested. Leave your thoughts, please!

Comments

• This seems genuinely interesting. Good idea! 

I'd definitely be interested! I'd probably want to make a weekend of it coming in from Canada, but good idea!
  • edited November 2015
    This sounds awesome. If anyone is coming from the DC area and wants to give me a ride, I'm in.

ETA: I'll pitch in for gas and bring snacks and tell jokes in the car so it may or may not be worth letting me tag along, depending on your priorities.
  • edited November 2015
    Rohai said:
    This sounds awesome. If anyone is coming from the DC area and wants to give me a ride, I'm in.

ETA: I'll pitch in for gas and bring snacks and tell jokes in the car so it may or may not be worth letting me tag along, depending on your priorities.
    should this come to fruition, I have little problems with flying to WA and renting a car.

Edit: Horrible puns required.
  • sorry for double, yes, aware you said DC. aware I am Canadian and state challenged. Comment still stands.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    I totally would do this. Just for the experience. 
  • I would totally do this if I have the funds/time. I'm all about some nearly-stupid ideas that may or may not end in heart attacks for those involved.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Kasya said:
    I totally would do this. Just for the experience. 
    It's definitely just for the experience - we'd be losing gold, really.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Thinking more on this, this is not something I knew I wanted to do until it was presented to me as an option. I'm totally in. Rohai, you're out of the way to pick up, but if I had enough time, I could visit DC, go ghosthunting, and then head back to DC for a night before the 9 hour drive home.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    If y'all do this, make sure to take some footage or something!

I don't think I'd personally do it in a million years (I have trouble with horror games/movies enough, a real-life ghost hunt in an abandoned asylum is a nooooope), but i'm definitely interested in hearing what happens.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    If y'all do this, make sure to take some footage or something!

I don't think I'd personally do it in a million years (I have trouble with horror games/movies enough, a real-life ghost hunt in an abandoned asylum is a nooooope), but i'm definitely interested in hearing what happens.
    right? Silent hill 1... the dolls with knives... *hides*
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    And they were never seen again. 

:(

edited November 2015
    I was thinking more of this and its DLC content, especially the latter that still gives me god-awful nightmares.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    There will definitely be filming. More than likely some of which will be me freaking out, having spooked myself.
  • Pyramid head.
  • I'm definitely down provided I'm still close-ish, but $150 a head is fuckin' steep. What's included aside from the eight hours?

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I'm envisioning a recreation from AHS: Asylum >.>

That would be really freaking cool to attend.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I may or may not set my phone to start playing Dominique periodically throughout the night.
  • I am the kind of person to not watch scary movies, and you guys are PAYING for this? Yall crazy. 
  • edited November 2015
    I may or may not procure a set of ghostbusters overalls.

although let's be honest, the fact that I don't already own some seriously calls my character into question.
  • Trey said:
    I'm definitely down provided I'm still close-ish, but $150 a head is fuckin' steep. What's included aside from the eight hours?
    It is a bit pricey, but we are essentially renting a 24k sq. foot building that is a nationally recognized landmark with a rather fascinating architecture and history. Also, what can be more fun than 10 plus scared Achaeans let loose in a dark, abandoned asylum with handcams, evp recorders, spirit boxes, thermal imaging cameras...? Ok so maybe just cell phones but you get the idea! Worth!

But wait! 24k square feet... hide and seek?  ;) You could even get three claps like in "The Conjuring". Hmmm wonder what that is hiding in the dark corner. @Kasya or Casper? 

If this does happen though, I will take a trip there maybe in June to check out places to stay, things to do for those planning the entire weekend, and get us some cost-saving deals. I will also look into what else they offer, but I think the 150 is just the cost of the building and our exclusive use of it for 8 hours. 
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Yeah, it's like renting a REALLY huge hotel room for the night, so that price isn't bad, comparatively. I mean, good luck trying to sleep, but y'know. ;)
  • @Melodie and @Austere, you can be the ones sitting safely outside in the locked van monitoring the video feed and yelling, "There is something behind you!", through perfectly good radios that mysteriously stopped working. Something for everyone!  =)
    Jadys said:
    @Melodie and @Austere, you can be the ones sitting safely outside in the locked van monitoring the video feed and yelling, "There is something behind you!", through perfectly good radios that mysteriously stopped working. Something for everyone!  =)
    I am totally okay with this job.
  • Melodie said:
    Jadys said:
    @Melodie and @Austere, you can be the ones sitting safely outside in the locked van monitoring the video feed and yelling, "There is something behind you!", through perfectly good radios that mysteriously stopped working. Something for everyone!  =)
    The potential for horribly trolling us repeatedly cannot be passed up.
  • Aesi said:
    Melodie said:
    Jadys said:
    The potential for horribly trolling us repeatedly cannot be passed up.
    But wait. I failed to mention the radios mysteriously stop working because there is something outside the van...
  • This is how I am starting to envision this night going....

• Or something like

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    It's been decided that @Rohai is in charge of the Scooby snacks.