Runewarden. Race, Traits and maybe even Artifacts.

Hello all. New Runewarden on the block here and I'd like to clear up a few things for myself. My goal is to hunt. By hunting I'll gain levels and gold. So, since that's my primary concern, all questions here will be based on that premise.

Race: I went with Human because.. well. I like being Human. From what I've been able to read, Con is pretty good for hunting, and the Human racials look pretty good. I'm not making a bad decision by going human, am I?

Traits: These are super interesting. And also a bit confusing. Instead of a question here, could someone tell me what they think are the optimal hunting Traits and why? That would be absolutely awesome.

Artifacts: I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to be a walking pile of these things. I don't plan on buying any until I have been able to get my skills up, as that seems to be the most important thing for me right now aside from leveling up, but down the track what would be a couple of artifacts to look into to assist me in my trek to level 100? It's nice to have something to plan for, even if it is a long way off.

Finally, thank you for taking the time to read my first forum thread, and post. :)

Best Answers

Answers

• Should have noted I plan on being Sword and Shield specialization. From what I've read, it's very good at hunting.
  • Artied, max strength Runewarden still has lower DPS than same setup priest, serpent, and jester? Hunting wise, I mean..
    If a man wishes to be sure of the road he treads on, he must close his eyes and walk in the dark.
  • Manach said:
    Artied, max strength Runewarden still has lower DPS than same setup priest, serpent, and jester? Hunting wise, I mean..
    For SnB/DC specs, at least. Runewarden is far tankier than those classes, though. And without arties, runewarden has higher DPS, since those 3 classes are only really strong with their respective artefact weapons.
  • The other specs being better or worse..?
    If a man wishes to be sure of the road he treads on, he must close his eyes and walk in the dark.
  • Those are the only specs I've seen up-to-date numbers for, so I'm not sure.