Highest theoretical Bop damage.

ValdusValdus Australia
edited October 2015 in The Matsuhama Arena
We all know Jester is NOT about damage.

Having said that, how high could we get Bop assuming all strength artifacts, race and statpack and anything else (not counting things like God Favors) we could use (assuming Bop is strength?) to push it up?

Lets assume a spectrum of targets. Say... Sentinel, Runewarden and maybe Blademaster and Monk. Different physical resists and tanking skills etc.

This is a theoretical question, and not something I'm trying to start a debate on. I am well aware that Jester's strength does not reside in Bop.

Viva la Bluef.

Comments

•  @Sena
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• As a Satyr with a lvl 3 BJ, happy to help with testing

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    As a Satyr with a lvl 3 BJ, happy to help with testing
    Completely out of context for this discussion is what I'm about to say :  I think @Sobriquet might be the reason I went Satyr full time.  The only Satyr combatant I knew at the time sooooooooo probably. 

• edited October 2015
    I don't have any information at all about bop damage in PvP.

In PvE though, jester is all about damage (at least with an artie blackjack, they're pretty average otherwise), they're glass cannons with the third highest DPS in the game that I know of (artied priest is highest by far, artied serpent is second highest a little above artied jester).
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Ooer @Sobriquet go whack some friends for me, yeah? Then steal someones gauntlets and whack them again.

Assuming Bop is based on Strength, Blackjack and Gauntlets are the only things I can think of that would boost the damage. Except for like Statpack and stuff.

Also, because I'm terrible and know nothing, why did you go with Satyr?

Viva la Bluef.
  • I had 11 str and a non-arty blackjack and I still sometimes beat people with a mix of bop and shatter lol
  • With 12 str and a lv2 blackjack, I could seldom bop a locked target out in the 30 seconds before voyria killed them.

It's totally bogus. The bashing, however, was incredible.
  • Mizik said:
    With 12 str and a lv2 blackjack, I could seldom bop a locked target out in the 30 seconds before voyria killed them.

It's totally bogus. The bashing, however, was incredible.
    You just gotta take your time :o
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Really curious as to what 19 Strength level 3 Blackjack Bops would do to people.

Can Jesters stick sensitivity?

Viva la Bluef.
  • Not without locking or giving up bopping
  • Can still get a +1 str from house and +1 from runes? 

20 str max without favour?
    If a man wishes to be sure of the road he treads on, he must close his eyes and walk in the dark.
  • there's also rare minerals and SoW elixirs
  • edited November 2015
    Icons aren't a thing anymore. +1 from runes, yes.

13 str base (as Xoran, troll or Satyr) + 2 speciality + 1 trait + 3 gauntlet is the most you can get permanently. (19)

+ 1 from runes, then favours, elixirs and rare minerals mean the cap is a lot higher. Str has diminishing returns though, so whether it's worth it is another question entirely.

• I don't know if its changed but 19-20 was optimal and achievable when I tested. Wouldn't bother trying to get more, personally.
    If a man wishes to be sure of the road he treads on, he must close his eyes and walk in the dark.
  • Everyone always forgets about wheel tarot... Extremely low chance to get +str, since all the other things you can get. But it's still there :P I think 19str and lv3 blackjack would be more than enough damage :/

• ValdusValdus Australia
    I thought I was right about 19 Str and a L3 Blackjack being the highest we could easily test. Glad to know my math skills still work occasionally!

All that remains now is finding someone who can whack some people for me to see what the numbers are really like!

Viva la Bluef.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    if the strength potion quest still exists in.. azdun, was it? then you can theoretically get 21str before rare minerals/shop of wonders potions/favours
    (or was that potion another stat, hrm)
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Clearly, we should construct a continent-wide superstructure that will allow two dragon-jesters(from pre-Dragonclass days), armed with L3 artie blackjacks and decked with every strength-boosting item, buff, mineral known to mortalkind. From there, the two dragons will proceed to smash their blackjacks against each other, while properly-shielded alchemists will measure the amount of energy released from such an event(or witness the beginning of the end of the universe firsthand).

We can call it the Large BOPron Collider.

• ValdusValdus Australia
    Synbios said:
    Clearly, we should construct a continent-wide superstructure that will allow two dragon-jesters(from pre-Dragonclass days), armed with L3 artie blackjacks and decked with every strength-boosting item, buff, mineral known to mortalkind. From there, the two dragons will proceed to smash their blackjacks against each other, while properly-shielded alchemists will measure the amount of energy released from such an event(or witness the beginning of the end of the universe firsthand).

We can call it the Large BOPron Collider.
    I for one would like to welcome our new BOPron overlords. I say this of my own free will and state that I am not being coerced in any way.

Viva la Bluef.