Why do credits cost so much?

2»

Comments

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Iron Elite FTW!!!
  • I don't think it cost a lot for the well thought in-depth quality of the game.

The only game I stayed 10 years with. No other games are able to retain me that well. 

I have paid in other games and to get bored and not returning after a month, sure they made me pay but they failed to make my pay more. I enjoyed a tonne more value for every dollar I spend in Achaea.

Achaea I would rate as the most successful game all time. 
  • They are expensive. There's ...really no denying it. It's just a truth. They cost a lot.

But that's also the price of keeping something niche alive. So be it.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    I'll say this again, with the ZAR vs USD exchange rate, credits are almost completely out of my reach.

But I still buy. I have to save up and squeeze hard but I manage to make it happen, because I want this game to be around after I retire. I want to sit in an old age home and have Athelas, enjoy his 1000th birthday with your children's characters at the party.

@Sarapis Achaea is the only game I play with any level of consistency. It is the only game still worth investing my personal time into ... Can I get pensioner rates when I'm living in an old age home one day? :D
  • @Athelas yeah we suffer bigtime..the exchange rate between Rand and Dollar breaks me
    But i have been an Elite member and do buy credits sometimes..

• they are, but if you want them they are there. I think it is a 2 fold system, dissuading everyone from just emptying wallets into it for p2win but still offering it to those who REALLY want to support IRE. I do like the massive level of packages though, even if you spend very little over time it grows, and i'm sure if you did it constistantly sarapis/tecton will notice it ;)