What's your favorite class?

2»

Comments

• edited October 2015
    What would be nice with the even higher cost of lessons to multiclass is some sort of testing arena where you can only go in alone, costs a fee (5k?) and try out a tri trans class of your choice with any gear for half an hour. I guess if you let two people in that would just mean they'd use it to spar, so maybe some sort of dummy system.

I'm thinking of classes I might like to get as a third, fourth etc, but the lesson cost is so high it's not worth the risk of a class I don't know. Magi would be tempting to play with, but I'm more likely to go bard or BM or Runie because I know the class better.

There's always making an alt, but that's tricky to get to tri trans.

• What would be nicer is if the second class was just 110% of the first lesson wise instead of 144 :o
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    I love nothing in Achaea like I loved o.g. blademaster. RIP.

Druid has always been the most interesting and fun in my eyes because it combines really cool flavour with lots of utility. For someone who sucks at PK, the escapability/tankability was just wonderful.

Priest is just filthy, though; blessings, angel abilities, insane tank factor, awesome and kind-of-metal flavour, Rites, Devo Force, and bludgeoning fools with a blunt object?

Hell yeah.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • edited October 2015
    I'm a hold-over from the old school monk days. Haven't played enough as of late to note any of the changes, but I seem to be stuck in monk mode in any mud I play. Nothing else seems interesting to me.

Edit: Heavy afflictions have never been of interest to me, so I tend to avoid affliction based classes across the board. I find limb counting much easier to grasp.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    arcane warrior hands down.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    edited October 2015
    Rohai said:
    Math class.
    Leave it to Rohai...

Why have you not multiclassed jester?
  • Valkyn said:
    What would be nice with the even higher cost of lessons to multiclass is some sort of testing arena where you can only go in alone, costs a fee (5k?) and try out a tri trans class of your choice with any gear for half an hour. I guess if you let two people in that would just mean they'd use it to spar, so maybe some sort of dummy system.

I'm thinking of classes I might like to get as a third, fourth etc, but the lesson cost is so high it's not worth the risk of a class I don't know. Magi would be tempting to play with, but I'm more likely to go bard or BM or Runie because I know the class better.

We have this. The nut from the mayaween giftbag. Go any class, tri trans it right away. Quit class switch and still tri transed. 
  • Dochitha said:
    Valkyn said:

We have this. The nut from the mayaween giftbag. Go any class, tri trans it right away. Quit class switch and still tri transed. 
    That's if you have a slot free, otherwise it's pay 250 credits then test it, when you might be waiting for the level limit to increase your slots. Also those won't last forever. If there's going to be these nut things with every promo I guess that works.

• Valkyn said: If there's going to be these nut things with every promo I guess that works.
    @Tecton please!
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Druid

SO. MUCH. UTILITY. All three skills are worthy to invest Trans in, even for total non-combatants.

It would be a hell lot of artefact credits to spend in order to replicate Fly, Burrow, Leap, Barrier, Sprint, etc. elsewhere.

Not to mention abilities that aren't duplicated in an artefact. I'm a Track whore, and if Dragons didn't also have Track, I would consider it completely not worth getting.

And Grove Hive is like a free, buffed-up cerulean lifestone every month.
  • Krypton said:
    It would be a hell lot of artefact credits to spend in order to replicate Fly, Burrow, Leap, Barrier, Sprint, etc. elsewhere.
    400 (Ring of Flying) + 500 (Wolverine Claws) + 500 (Chitin Greaves) + 500 (Lasallian Lyre) + 500 (Anklet of Dashing) = 2400cr

That's quite a decent chunk of credits.
    Not to mention abilities that aren't duplicated in an artefact. I'm a Track whore, and if Dragons didn't also have Track, I would consider it completely not worth getting.
    I use wings and warp stick so much that I occasionally forget I have Track. Definitely useful, though (especially coupled with Gare, if you've got Dragon).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited October 2015
    Serpent and old Infernal. Not sure what the new dual cutting Infernal is like. It's probably still okay.
  • Jovolo said:
    Serpent and old Infernal. Not sure what the new dual cutting Infernal is like. It's probably still okay.
    Infernal is still in a good place for the most part. I'll miss Frenzy only for its flavor, but dwc infernal should be fine for a while barring tweaks to Weaponmastery.