Official IronCon Announcement

edited December 2012 in The Wander Inn
It's on! July 19th and 20th 2013 in Las Vegas. Information is here: http://www.ironrealms.com/ironcon

Note that the first batch of tickets goes on sale TOMORROW at noon Pacific / 8 pm GMT, and there are only 50 available tomorrow. We'll sell another 25 in a second batch at a later date.

Comments

• LeSAD! My husband and I were reading... only 75 people! Maybe next time then!
    meh

• Admission to the IronCon is free...but you need to buy a special 150 bound credit package to attend.

• @Trilliana ? Not sure what you mean. I don't really expect that more than 75 people (aside from volunteers/producers) would come.
  • Namino said:
    Admission to the IronCon is free...but you need to buy a special 150 bound credit package to attend.

Insurance reasons. Cheaper this way. :)
  • 75 people expected out of 4 games? Typically, they run specials to Vegas for like $100 round trip, but not finding anything like that yet.

Anyone looking to share a hotel? I'd be interested, but you'll go through a "Sheldon like" interview, because I have integrity and rules.
  • @Sarapis Is the list of attendee's going to be public information?
  • AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    75 tickets seems like so little, but then again not really.  Really hard to predict the amount of people that'll show up. 
    Also 100$ for a ticket if there's free drinks is a pretty good deal.  I promise I'll drink far beyond that (especially with no wife to hold me back).  

• @Amunet Yeah, we're going to put the second batch of tickets on sale after the New Year.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Thank you! I'm looking forward to it!
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Akia said:
    75 tickets seems like so little, but then again not really.  Really hard to predict the amount of people that'll show up. 

Well, that number doesn't include the volunteers/producers.
  • The limit poses a dilemma for me.  My better half is coming with me as we happen to love Las Vegas. I was also going to pay to register her so she could meet people (and vice versa) and I wouldn't mind the additional credits. That said, I don't want to take a slot a player might need.

How best to handle?

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• If all the tickets sell out, will more be added, or is it just going to be a cap of 75?
  • Prythe said:
    The limit poses a dilemma for me.  My better half is coming with me as we happen to love Las Vegas. I was also going to pay to register her so she could meet people (and vice versa) and I wouldn't mind the additional credits. That said, I don't want to take a slot a player might need.

How best to handle?

Not to mention that only one purchase per character is allowed. I'm wondering how this will be handled, as well.
  • We're changing it so that more than one batch of credits can go to the same character. You just need to put down the rl name of the person you want to be added to the IronCon guest list.

@Lucine No, 75 is a hard cap.
  • Amunet said:
    Well, hopefully there will still be tickets available after the first of the year, when I can afford to pay for one.
    Agreed. I'd have bought two right away if this hadn't been announced mid-Christmas shopping season. I'm also not hype on going to see only 75 fellow IRE players though -- If this were purely an Achaea thing I might invest right away despite it being the holiday season. Maybe in the new year if I even know anyone who is going to make the trip from Achaea. 
  • I think people are vastly overstimating the number of people who are going to be going to this thing. 75 is a good estimate (over twice the people at DC, I'd guess).

Tickets also aren't on sale yet, so hard to judge any level of demand at the moment.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• LyrLyr
    edited December 2012
    Time to set an alarm to camp the signup page tomorrow!
  • edited December 2012
    There aren't going to be many people who play IRE games that can afford $100 + $100-200 in hotel costs + expensive Vegas food/entertainment/drinks + travel costs + have the time off/time available to go. I'm still planning on buying my pass tomorrow just in case, though.

• Maybe someone will buy all 75 tickets!! MAYBE.
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Amitation said:
    @Sarapis Is the list of attendee's going to be public information?
    My first reaction was, "No way," but then, what's the security set up going to be? Is anyone concerned about in game douche baggery spilling over to real life?

• I would really hope not.

I may be a troll on the forums and sometimes in game, but I carry no ill will (except for a very, very specific few people) OOCly towards people (aside from thinking some people aren't very intelligent, which is the truth).

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Doubt any one will carry that big of a grudge.  The only exception would be victims of old theft who got robbed for hundreds (if not thousands) of real life dollars of stuff.  Finally the victim has a chance to get them back :D (I'm kidding, make babies not war).
  • Jarrod said:
    I think people are vastly overstimating the number of people who are going to be going to this thing. 75 is a good estimate (over twice the people at DC, I'd guess).

Tickets also aren't on sale yet, so hard to judge any level of demand at the moment.

Except DC is DC and Vegas is Vegas. I'd expect 50 from Achaea alone, but I guess that ratio holds up. ;)
    Really I would have made the cap 100, especially considering people who will flake or not go if their plans change. Do slots become available again if people drop out?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Admission to the IronCon is free...but you need to buy a special 150 bound credit package to attend. That package is $100. When you buy those credits, you'll be asked for your character name (of course) so you can get your bound credits, as well as the name of the person to put on the guest list for IronCon.

So to clarify, 1 package = 1 character + 1 real person
    NOT 1 package = 1 character/person + 1 real guest

So to bring a friend, that friend has to have a $100 slot purchased as well.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Right, we're limited in numbers due to the venue size. If things go well for this event, who knows what IronCon 2014 will bring?
  • And will forfeited admissions be able to be filled in or resold?

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Just have a wait list tomorrow.  During the 2nd round of sales is the cutoff point for refunds if no replacement can be found or something along those lines.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Hyperlith said:
    Amitation said:
    @Sarapis Is the list of attendee's going to be public information?
    My first reaction was, "No way," but then, what's the security set up going to be? Is anyone concerned about in game douche baggery spilling over to real life?
    You haven't seen @Sarapis ;) 

This discussion has been closed.