Bacon and RP

Comments

• When you mudsex it is with this guy. 100% of the time. 

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

Legal
    consequences
  • There are no legal consequences to having mudsex, in the US at least. 
  • Aereidhna said:
    Oh and...when you're data mining qwho and snickering at other people, be aware that people actually do things besides have sex in private spaces (seriously, cost of building giant house so not worth it just for having sex and not for RPing, say, practicing performances, crafting, etc.). People use ships for actual ship things, too, by the way. Aereidhna got a reputation early on for apparently being a slutty cheating ho (based on what her first boyfriend told me about tells he got about her from 'concerned' people). She didn't have mudsex til she was 28, well after they broke up, with someone I've never interacted with OOC in so much as a tell.  

So while people are busy spreading rumors and assuming things, sometimes two people on a ship are just fishing and sketching designs. Or whatever. Also, people seem to really like to get on their high horse about this subject, but I'd just like to posit something, take it or leave it. Not having mudsex doesn't make someone morally superior in the scheme of life anymore than not killing crying little children denizens or not doing extreme torture RP or anything else. Judging other people doesn't make you a better person, it just makes you judgmental.
    Or you could take the reverse and assume any group in any location is used for such. 10+ in a city hangout? Clearly representative.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Aereidhna said:
    Oh and...when you're data mining qwho and snickering at other people, be aware that people actually do things besides have sex in private spaces (seriously, cost of building giant house so not worth it just for having sex and not for RPing, say, practicing performances, crafting, etc.). People use ships for actual ship things, too, by the way. Aereidhna got a reputation early on for apparently being a slutty cheating ho (based on what her first boyfriend told me about tells he got about her from 'concerned' people). She didn't have mudsex til she was 28, well after they broke up, with someone I've never interacted with OOC in so much as a tell.  

So while people are busy spreading rumors and assuming things, sometimes two people on a ship are just fishing and sketching designs. Or whatever. Also, people seem to really like to get on their high horse about this subject, but I'd just like to posit something, take it or leave it. Not having mudsex doesn't make someone morally superior in the scheme of life anymore than not killing crying little children denizens or not doing extreme torture RP or anything else. Judging other people doesn't make you a better person, it just makes you judgmental.
    Or you could take the reverse and assume any group in any location is used for such. 10+ in a city hangout? Clearly representative.
    I miss the orgies at Fish Street.
    (Those at Rally Point are rather dull)

• Sobriquet said:
    Mudsex is a decent credit builder for phased serpents. Infidelity can be lucrative.
    QFT, I used to make a load of money as a private investigator in 2005-2008.
    The Cyrene baths now have an increased security level, coincidentally.

• Mudsex between consenting adults? Fine. I do think it can be RP, but it an also just be smut. Whatever, really don't care as long as it's in private.

The harassment of newbies seems to have reduced over the years. When I first started playing I was 15 (this was over a decade ago), and there were guys trying to get into my characters pants left right and centre, though I didn't realise it at the time (hey people are so friendly in this game! Thought 15 year old me) then there was one who was trying to get me to let him call me for phone sex. I think he was only 17 too. There was also another character who along with his IC father tried to lock my newbie character in a room and 'rape' her. I got out, so I don't know if they would actually have gone ahead with it, but that shit... needs to get out of the game, and I think for the most part it's improved from the rampant nature it was in those days.

Our legal age for sex is 16 here, but adults don't typically pursue girls under 18 (and even rarer guys), unless they're teenagers or close in age themselves (like 21 or under).

• Gotta tell ya, this one time (at band camp) this novice in the Arcanists Teleportation Chamber started doing the "suck" emote on me. That was a tad off putting. She got a "staredown".

• Kayeil said:
    I don't care what adults do. I have often wondered about how often minors get engaged in this kind of thing. Have met plenty of players who talk about wanting to let their children (when they're old enough to play) and younger siblings to join Achaea, which I've always been concerned about knowing different areas of this game might be inappropriate. Is age of consent age 18 in most countries? Are there some where it's higher? I imagine there might be some where it's lower. Then there's the thing where a person of a certain age might be of age to consent in their country, but not in the country of the other player. I don't know about other people, but I always feel uncomfortable RPing with people that I found out to be quite a bit younger than me in any circumstance. There's usually already a difference in maturity in how they handle themselves. Not to mention, though they're entitled to their issues and problems of their age group, I always feel weird when they try to come to me with them because I just don't really relate. I'd like to say most people I know in Achaea RP differently with the players of younger age groups than they do with the ones of older age groups.

Just to clarify for you Kayeil. In the United States, where IRE's hub is located, the age of consent varies by which state you live. For example someone who is sixteen in Georgia is at the age of consent. Whereas someone in Tennessee must be 18 to be considered a consenting adult.

I personally think that this game is much too adult themed for people underaged even without the MUDSEX capabilities. I don't however think it should be punishable for engaging in Mudsex. It is a vital part of a -lot- of Achaean RP. There are a few who believe mudsex is the devil and choose not to participate and it's very possible to play a very well made, immersive character and never let anyone in your underthings. Though there is an age requirement to play for a reason and if you do not want to play a game where people are able to 'pretend have sex' then you really shouldn't play the game in the first place. Perhaps a simple disclaimer is all that is needed. I would be more than willing to have my children play Achaea. I would however be wary of their roleplays but I'm not going to be one of those parents that teaches their child the world is a basket of roses and candycanes and render them completely unprepared for the reality of things.

The fact is that if parents paid more attention to the things their children do on the internet instead of blaming the internet for what their children do on it, then we'd have a significantly less lazy and self righteous population.

Not really sure where all this came from but hey! That's just my opinion.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    edited October 2015
    it mostly seems to originate from how much of a social stigma the very concept of sexuality in general was made to seem by the environment you grew up in, this branding with a social stigma occasionally carries into the game, causing drama, which in turn gives the people having to hear the drama a headache, which either makes them dislike the person complaining about it (for intolerancy), or the concept of mudsex.
    This drama was also not really helped with those name-and-shame pastebins or the (seemingly more rare now) permanent newbies that are/were very.. descriptive and/or pushy.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Sarapis said:
    It's just super unlikely that most under 13s could handle Achaea for all sorts of reasons (too much reading, community looks down on people who write like most 12 year olds write, etc).
    The outside few who can, I worry Achaea does a disservice to, simply by the playerbase (including me) being ourselves. Not that any one of us can do anything about that, but if we were motivated enough, collectively we could.

I know, highly unlikely. Fair enough; just wanted to mention this.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Athelas said:
    Anyone else find it interesting how mature this thread has been conducted thus far?

Sarapis See dad, the kids are all grown up :)
    you jinxed it
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Tharvis said:
    Athelas said:
    Anyone else find it interesting how mature this thread has been conducted thus far?

Sarapis See dad, the kids are all grown up :)
    you jinxed it
    I had to! We were in serious danger of looking like a group of adults!
  • For some reason, this message comes to mind in most online games I see: Online interactions not rated by the ESRB. I think this also applies to Achaea.

• I heard the next big update to the game will include "Std's"

Just saying..

• Gamden said:
    I heard the next big update to the game will include "Std's"

Just saying..
    That spread via registration and IP!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.