Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

United Kingdom

SeftinSeftin Member Posts: 923 @ - Epic Achaean
Lords and Ladies of the greatest nation in the world (For those confused, I am talking about the UK),

I would like to propose a meet in early 2016.

Any takers?

I thought we could host it at a central location, as opposed to having people travel down to London, we could meet in a more central location? Birmingham? Personally I would prefer London (as I live near there) but any takers or suggestions would be great.

Sybilla

Comments

• MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,314 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lived in Brum, outside of pubs ( I can't drink ) and shopping malls, it was a little empty, but I don't mind just sitting around with people somewhere if I turn up. @Jovolo is coming of course. Probably would prefer London (it's also cheaper for me to travel to London). January or March would be fine.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • SeftinSeftin Member Posts: 923 @ - Epic Achaean
    I would love for it to take place in London but I'm concerned some UK people loathe A) London and B ) having to travel that distance from whichever part of the UK they live in, though London is, of course, the greatest city on Earth.
    Mishgul
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,314 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    i have to travel 7 hours to get to london and 7+ travel time from london to get anywhere else. >(

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,163 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited October 2015
    Of course I'll be there

I prefer London too. Or Luton, Luton is cosy. 
    Luton is only cosy because it is on fire most of the time.
    Khaibit
  • AdetAdet Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    London isn't particularly central, it's true - but it does have the advantage of relatively good transport links to the rest of the UK.  Birmingham is quite a bit closer to Edinburgh than London is - but Edinburgh to Birmingham is five and a half hours, compared to ~4h20m Edinburgh to London.

Disclosure: I'll be living in London next year, so a London meet would make my life easier (though as I said, it's easy enough for me to get from London to pretty much anywhere in the UK).
    wouldn't mind going to edinburgh. Loved it the last time I was there.

-

As drawn by Shayde
    Seftin
  • SybillaSybilla LondonMember Posts: 503 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I would also be amenable to d**king everyone else over and meeting in London.
    Mishgul
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,201 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Screw the lazy brits. Let's do london. If they can't be bothered to travel 4.5 hours to meet I don't want to meet them anyways! (yay 1.5 hour flight)
    Mishgul
    Will drag mats along too so he can complain. But i am not in charge. Ever again. Never again.

-

As drawn by Shayde
    Carmain was the best at organising. He turned up eventually, like 4 hours late.
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,163 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    you need to work on your punctuality Carmain
    Seftin
    @Jovolo always shows up early and leaves before everyone arrives. THAT is how prompt he is.
    JovoloMishgulKafziel
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,282 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'd be interested. Weekends are very tricky though due to work and child care, especially if it was held in London. I'm half way between Leeds and Manchester for reference.
    York is nice, actually. Might be an alternative to appease our Viking friends.
    MishgulSobriquet
  • MilenkaMilenka EuropeMember Posts: 28 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Count me in, but we need to set a date far enough in advance so I can arrange to have time off from work! 

Milenka says i can't go if i don't take charge of things. 

-

As drawn by Shayde
    I can organise London if you like. Camden & general area is probably good for things to do/places to hang out.
    Adet
  • KhaibitKhaibit Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    As someone who was born and raised in Luton.. it is not cozy, it is a shithole. 

-panics and runs away at the thought of a meet-

Sybilla
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,282 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Flew from Luton to Belfast once. Can confirm the above
  • SabiruSabiru Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Could probably do London in jan.
    Mishgul
    @sabiru, you can come on the basis you do not enfeeble/catharsis anyone.
    He never enfeebles. That is what i am for.

-

As drawn by Shayde
    Sabiru
  • AuroraAurora Member Posts: 150 Immortal
    Depending on the month, I -could- lower My standards and do London. My standards do not go low enough for Luton, however. May need advice on cheerfully cheap (but not a dive) hotels!
    AdetJeslyn
  • AuroraAurora Member Posts: 150 Immortal
    Addition : family birthdays forbid doing London in late Jan.
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,201 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aurora said:
    Addition : family birthdays forbid doing London in late Jan.
    I thought we were all family. 
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Tube to cockfosters.... I get it I'm 12

• XadenXaden Member Posts: 2,315 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Screw london, everyone come to Dublin :)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

SzanthaxAnatral
  • JaduaJadua Member Posts: 1
    I'm up for this if it hasn't happened yet. London or Oxford or the Midlands.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    I met people in London like 10 years ago from achaea... I forget who they were though :(

Sign In to Comment.