United Kingdom

Lords and Ladies of the greatest nation in the world (For those confused, I am talking about the UK),

I would like to propose a meet in early 2016.

Any takers?

I thought we could host it at a central location, as opposed to having people travel down to London, we could meet in a more central location? Birmingham? Personally I would prefer London (as I live near there) but any takers or suggestions would be great.

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Lived in Brum, outside of pubs ( I can't drink ) and shopping malls, it was a little empty, but I don't mind just sitting around with people somewhere if I turn up. @Jovolo is coming of course. Probably would prefer London (it's also cheaper for me to travel to London). January or March would be fine.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I would love for it to take place in London but I'm concerned some UK people loathe A) London and B ) having to travel that distance from whichever part of the UK they live in, though London is, of course, the greatest city on Earth.
    i have to travel 7 hours to get to london and 7+ travel time from london to get anywhere else. >(

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • edited October 2015
    Of course I'll be there

I prefer London too. Or Luton, Luton is cosy. 
  • Luton is only cosy because it is on fire most of the time.
  • London isn't particularly central, it's true - but it does have the advantage of relatively good transport links to the rest of the UK.  Birmingham is quite a bit closer to Edinburgh than London is - but Edinburgh to Birmingham is five and a half hours, compared to ~4h20m Edinburgh to London.

Disclosure: I'll be living in London next year, so a London meet would make my life easier (though as I said, it's easy enough for me to get from London to pretty much anywhere in the UK).
    wouldn't mind going to edinburgh. Loved it the last time I was there.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • I would also be amenable to d**king everyone else over and meeting in London.
  • Screw the lazy brits. Let's do london. If they can't be bothered to travel 4.5 hours to meet I don't want to meet them anyways! (yay 1.5 hour flight)
    Will drag mats along too so he can complain. But i am not in charge. Ever again. Never again.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Carmain was the best at organising. He turned up eventually, like 4 hours late.
  • you need to work on your punctuality Carmain
  • @Jovolo always shows up early and leaves before everyone arrives. THAT is how prompt he is.
  • I'd be interested. Weekends are very tricky though due to work and child care, especially if it was held in London. I'm half way between Leeds and Manchester for reference.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • York is nice, actually. Might be an alternative to appease our Viking friends.
  • Count me in, but we need to set a date far enough in advance so I can arrange to have time off from work! 

Milenka says i can't go if i don't take charge of things. 

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • I can organise London if you like. Camden & general area is probably good for things to do/places to hang out.
  • As someone who was born and raised in Luton.. it is not cozy, it is a shithole. 

-panics and runs away at the thought of a meet-

• Flew from Luton to Belfast once. Can confirm the above

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Could probably do London in jan.
  • @sabiru, you can come on the basis you do not enfeeble/catharsis anyone.
    He never enfeebles. That is what i am for.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Depending on the month, I -could- lower My standards and do London. My standards do not go low enough for Luton, however. May need advice on cheerfully cheap (but not a dive) hotels!
  • Addition : family birthdays forbid doing London in late Jan.
  • Aurora said:
    Addition : family birthdays forbid doing London in late Jan.
    I thought we were all family. 
  • Tube to cockfosters.... I get it I'm 12

• Screw london, everyone come to Dublin :)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• I'm up for this if it hasn't happened yet. London or Oxford or the Midlands.
  • I met people in London like 10 years ago from achaea... I forget who they were though :(