HTML5 Client Questions

This will likely be mostly for @Tecton and @Sarapis , but perhaps a few of you can provide insight to a couple.

few questions (as ive contemplated switching to this from mudlet)

On mobile:

- is there plans to make it more responsive on mobile devices? (it does pretty well, but things like scrolling previous text get awkward, as well as it doesn't seem to be responsive to snap to the viewport size, scrolls about the phone screen [only tested on iphone6+])

- are there any plans to push the other tabs (chat etc) to be selectable on the main screen when in a phone viewport? (small screen, extra boxes not shown)

In general:

- how sandboxed is the JS? Can I store to local storage, or something persistent? summarily can I link out to an external script?
- Can we use functions from your js code in our scripts? (sorry, been shamelessly browsing) - Such as interfacing with the mapper.

I may have more, but these are the thoughts for now!

Comments

• Mobile isn't a focus for us really. It's a bonus rather than a required feature that Nexus (it's no longer called the html5 client) works on mobile, but we're very unlikely to spend any resources on mobile responsiveness/performance. The payoff isn't there given our limited dev resources.

I do like the idea of the other tabs in the single-column (typically seen on mobile) view still being selectable though. Could be easily and attractively done with very narrow tabs to the left and right of the main window that you could click on, or maybe swipe left/right to get to.

I have no idea on the tech questions and Tecton will have to answer.
  • Sarapis said:
    Mobile isn't a focus for us really. It's a bonus rather than a required feature that Nexus (it's no longer called the html5 client) works on mobile, but we're very unlikely to spend any resources on mobile responsiveness/performance. The payoff isn't there given our limited dev resources.

I do like the idea of the other tabs in the single-column (typically seen on mobile) view still being selectable though. Could be easily and attractively done with very narrow tabs to the left and right of the main window that you could click on, or maybe swipe left/right to get to.

I have no idea on the tech questions and Tecton will have to answer.
    Totally fair answers. Thanks for speedy response!
  • You can pull in external scripts (been doing that with a port of my basher a while ago) and client functions are available from the client js. It's simply run in an eval block, no further sandboxing from what I saw.
  • Keneanung said:
    You can pull in external scripts (been doing that with a port of my basher a while ago) and client functions are available from the client js. It's simply run in an eval block, no further sandboxing from what I saw.
    Huzzah!