NaNoWriMo

Personally, I'm not participating, but I was wondering if any other Achaeans are partaking in National Novel Writing Month? Share progress and all that fun stuffs (If willing of course)

Comments

• edited November 2013
    2075 words so far and it's only 9:30pm here. I hope I can at least do the story I have in my head. If it doesn't meet the goal then I'll go back and put in more. One can hope!

Edit: And now my signature should keep up to date. 2410 words now, and I'm done for the day. Don't really want to get burnt out too fast!
    meh

• I've never done this before, but I figure I write every day anyway (mostly just to myself), so this might be amusing.  Just signed up 5 minutes ago.  Time to plan, I guess.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • I stayed up late last night and hit 6001 words on day one. Now to see if I can do what Trill did with the sig/wordcount thing.

Hey, @Tecton. For those unMANLY of us that aren't doing Movember - Is 50cr for winning NaNoWriMo too much to ask?

• word count thingy- Writer's Goods at the top > Word Count Helpers > Word Count Widgets, then I found one I liked, right-clicked the picture, then added the picture to my sig :)

I'm gonna work on it more when I wake up. I needs coffee first.
    meh

• Ohh, that is cool.

I can has words.
  • Every year, for the past seven years, I've said I will do this. Maybe this year will be different.
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    I've signed up as well. Good luck to all of you!
     yes, sir.
  • @Chryenth I'm jealous of your speed of writing! You're definitely going to finish before me!
    meh

• I owe it all to https://twitter.com/NaNoWordSprints and a reckless disregard for my own mental health.
  • I did it last year, I almost forgot this year. I have a couple stories in my head. I should do it.
  • I always flake out, good luck to everyone participating!
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited November 2013
    You know what. I'm going to sign up for this and see how far I can get with NaNoWriMo. I figure since it's a month to celebrate writers, playwrights and all that goodness, and it was my long-term dream of being a writer when I was a kid, I might as well give it a try. I don't foresee myself going far though, busy as I am.

Support writers! Join NaNoWriMo! While I don't know whether Achaea/IRE would consider dishing out 50cr for this, I don't mind dishing out that amount of credits as a prize to what I think is the best story shared and written though.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I would accept 5 credits per 100 words over 50k.

Frankly, I'd accept anything.

I'm only posting so I get to see that cool bar thing again. Current projected finish date: Nov. 11th.
  • My current finish date is the 20th. My prize, honestly, is saying that I finally finished a NaNo.
    meh

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Hats off to people who can do this. Inspiration is crucial for me and all the stories I've been inspired to write are 1) usually Achaea-based, and 2) slice-of-life style, so they don't tend to be very long. I might join if I think of a storyline, but it doesn't look like that is happening at the moment. Good luck to you all!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Who is in this year? I've never completed one yet but I am going to make a valiant effort.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I might try my hand at it again. Never manage to get too far into the wordcount, though...

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I am! Just now figure out what I want to work on. 
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Holy hell. I usually start playing Achaea again during NaNo, to procrastinate. I can't imagine trying while already actively playing Achaea...
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I'm probably not going to participate this year. The majority of my writing is going to be on Uni assignments and I don't want to double my work to meet my word count. I normally love NaNoWriMo though, and I generally do pretty well for meeting the 50k goal even though I never finish any of my stories.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Novel? Lolno. Dissertation, on the other hand....

I've never been satisfied with any of the alternate NaNoWriMo-style names people have come up with for the same concept applied to dissertation/thesis writing, though, so I'd have to come up with my own. I'm thinking something like An Awesome (or Awful, depending on how I'm feeling at the time) Thesis Marathon, or AnATheMa. Seems appropriate.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    if i finish writing this 200 page booklet for work, i may join this year

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited October 2015
    I've never managed to complete one novel of even 10k words before. I just ADD too hard. :( 50k is even worse.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I will try it this month I think. Will be good to stretch my imagination again.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Alright I signed up and i have started planning my sci fi, good luck the rest of you, see you on the otherside.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Ugh... Now I want to give it a try. I've finished it like twice, in all the years I've attempted.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    So our local group is up and running again this year, and I've met most of these people before. And November 1st is a Sunday, and we fall back an hour, and we're doing write-ins at a gaming bar.

I think I just talked myself into NaNo. Dammit.
  • MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USA
    I'm participating. This is my third year. Our local group is starting off with word sprints when the clock strikes November 1st. Anyone interested in having a NaNoWriMo group on Skype during November? Might help for those without local groups.