Svo Priority Syncing Error?

edited October 2015 in Tech Support
Has anyone encountered the problem of svo not syncing priority settings with serverside? -  https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/d032de84

I have a feeling all my priorities on svo + serverside aren't being recognized.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]

Comments

• Pretty much everyone has issues with it, by the sounds of it. I'd be interested to know if there's anyone who it does actually work for (not that it really matters to me personally).
  • EntaroEntaro Plymouth
    I had to emergency stop Mudlet triggers, manually set serverside and then turn it all back on again.  Definitely issues with it.

(Party): Crixos says, "Open your wunjos, people of Sapience."
    (Party): Crixos says, "Be nairated by my words."
  • Couldn't get mine to work at all consistently but also had other errors which didn't help. Ended up switching to Wundersys instead. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I was wondering why I got locked earlier, turns out none of my prio swapping scripts were working. Time to bail to Wundersys, I think.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • ElazarElazar NC/Mhaldor
    edited October 2015
    I was wondering why I got locked earlier, turns out none of my prio swapping scripts were working. Time to bail to Wundersys, I think.
    Ive been ripping my hair out over this.

All my prios completely disappeared and turned into what looked like scrambled eggs
  • ElazarElazar NC/Mhaldor
    Please...back to the old svo.  
  • It might be an issue of SVO trying to set the priority at a number that is non-existent in serverside.

Serverside only goes 1-25, with 26 being ignored. If SVO is trying to set it at a 42, or a 60, then you will return an error completely. 

My suggestion is find where SVO is setting the priority, and ensure that the equivalent serverside set is using the correct number correlation to what serverside uses, and what SVO has as the primary settings.

Otherwise, you could make a single trigger that runs on login to set all of your priorities on serverside where you want them. Won't keep SVO from changing them if you have something like that, but will at least set your priorities at a base level that works.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • @Exelethril your priority list output looks like you didn't turn server side on (command is "tn ss"). If server side is not enabled, svo won't sync priorities with server side. If you turn on server side, there will be some additional information in the priority output (like the server side priority and whether it is in the aff or def list)
  • edited October 2015
    Atalkez said:
    It might be an issue of SVO trying to set the priority at a number that is non-existent in serverside.

Serverside only goes 1-25, with 26 being ignored. If SVO is trying to set it at a 42, or a 60, then you will return an error completely. 

My suggestion is find where SVO is setting the priority, and ensure that the equivalent serverside set is using the correct number correlation to what serverside uses, and what SVO has as the primary settings.

Otherwise, you could make a single trigger that runs on login to set all of your priorities on serverside where you want them. Won't keep SVO from changing them if you have something like that, but will at least set your priorities at a base level that works.
    The system does know the priorities are 1-25 and 26 is ignored (https://github.com/svof/svof/blob/master/raw-svo.serverside.lua#L46)