What Exactly is Metamorphosis?

When a Druid uses Metamorphosis abilities, are they physically transforming back and forth? Are they being possessed?

When looking at someone in Jaguar form, what would I see?

Comments

• JeslynJeslyn United States
    It's weird, but I think they take on the spirit of the animal. At least that is from my experience as a druid. However, when I see 'flap their wings' for flying I question myself.
  • edited October 2015
    They take on the spirit of the animal and bond it to their soul. They don't actually transform, but there is some sort of almost-visible spiritual overlay of the animal you're morphed to. The entry and exit messages you get as a result are the result of that.

You also notice it with several abilities and the description provided. For example, the Track ability involve beating "near-invisible wings" while the transformation process itself involves a corona of blinding light surrounding you while your soul is transformed by metamorphosis.

I'll see if I can grab a few of the messages in a bit.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I didn't even think of using the artisnals. Very helpful for visualizing the morphs. Thanks, everyone!
  • Wow, that sentinel one by Sothantos is awesome.

• Go watch the Vixen animated series! (6 episodes, 5 min each, free to watch on CW Seed if you're in the US.) Metamorphosis is her powers, minus the Tantu Totem part.
  • I would call that ridiculous but in a world where a cat man riding an ant stares angrily at a bug poking someone with a rapier while singing at them, anything is possible.