Falcon Sanctuary and Falcon Hunger

Suggestion : Falcons gain sustenance in sanctuaries, so recalling hungry falcons won't be an issue.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]

Comments

• Suggestion : Falcons gain sustenance in sanctuaries, so recalling hungry falcons won't be an issue.
    You can just FALCON HUNT then recall them in a minute instead. Works fine for me.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Get rid of FALCON HUNT and falcon hunger mechanics entirely, because they really don't serve any useful purpose. It's vaguely interesting roleplay for about 5 minutes, then hunger is just a totally unjustified hinderance to using a class loyal.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I'd prefer if they reworked it, instead of getting rid of it entirely. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Since falcons are essentially immortal now, (Massive health, crit immune, will flee at set health level even when the owner is gone) falcon hunger serves as a gating mechanism just to make sure it does have limits in a fight, (every ent has some such mechanism) but I think it might be fair to reduce how quickly the falcon wears out. Falcon Track, in particular, is so draining in a mobile engagement that the birds only good for about one fight before you have to take a timeout and feed it for the rematch.

Falcons regaining hunger in Sanctuary sounds fair to me. Nice perk to always start the day with a fed bird, and encouragement to actually send them home when you leave.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • ElazarElazar NC/Mhaldor
    I horde rat corpses and feed by hand.  
  • Artefact "bag o' rats"
  • Rispok said:
    Artefact "bag o' rats"
    300 credits :-1: 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Aerek said:
    Since falcons are essentially immortal now, (Massive health, crit immune, will flee at set health level even when the owner is gone) falcon hunger serves as a gating mechanism just to make sure it does have limits in a fight, (every ent has some such mechanism) but I think it might be fair to reduce how quickly the falcon wears out. Falcon Track, in particular, is so draining in a mobile engagement that the birds only good for about one fight before you have to take a timeout and feed it for the rematch.

Falcons regaining hunger in Sanctuary sounds fair to me. Nice perk to always start the day with a fed bird, and encouragement to actually send them home when you leave.
    I mean it is useful for that. But it's not like there is any entity left that can falcon flock a person like we used to be able to in guild days so I can understand both sides. But at the same time so many people have veils that it virtually makes falcons stupidly hard to use. Everything and I do mean everything prevents a falcon from finding a person. It's not like we are using a spell. So any rework of falcons I think would have to address some of this issue. Maybe just me...
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Falcons being fed in sanctuaries makes sense. I was under the impression they were already fed while in sanctuary, or at least hunt when necessary while in sanctuary. Seems a bit unnecessary for them to be starving if you're not around and they've been properly sent to sanctuary. I don't mind the hunger factor, and enjoy the ability to hand feed them rats.