Sentinel and Weaponry

Does the weaponry skill help with Sentinel's to-hit, damage, and speed for skirmishing?

For speed. some of the abilities say that balance cost varies on weapon speed, so I'm curious if weaponry also helps or if it's completely dependent on the weapon. 

Best Answers

Answers

• HELP WEAPONRY doesn't indicate this:

Weaponry is a skill available to all. Anyone may use any weapon, and any attack with that weapon. Whether it works or not is another question! The results you get with weapons are strongly influenced by:
    (1) training, which gives you greater "weapons effectiveness," *
    (2) proficiency in that weapon, and
    (3) the attack used (say, using crush with a longsword).

Followed by:

(*) In the case of the skill Weaponry, Weaponmastery training also increases effectiveness. To be specific, your "weapons effectiveness" is the higher of your Weaponmastery or Weaponry skill level, plus 10% of the lower.

But then it goes down to say:

Weapons Effectiveness
    ---------------------
    This is a sort of general measure of how well you will use any weapon, and is related, as noted above, to the Weaponry skill (and, for some, the Chivalry, Swashbuckling, or Two Arts skill).

Which seems outdated since it says Chivalry, not Weaponmastery.

And seems to conflict with how the attack is weapon-stat based like all of the above.

@Sena, any idea?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I'm not sure about sentinels. Most non-knight classes that primarily use weapons use their own skill entirely in place of weaponry (swashbuckling for bards, pranks for jesters, spirituality for priests, twoarts for blademasters, subterfuge for serpents). I would assume sentinel is the same, but I don't really know. If they're not though, that would probably be easy to have changed in the next round of classleads.

I do think the throwing ability in weaponry will still be important for axe throwing even if they use skirmishing instead of weaponry for speed/damage/accuracy.
  • Sena said:
    I'm not sure about sentinels. Most non-knight classes that primarily use weapons use their own skill entirely in place of weaponry (swashbuckling for bards, pranks for jesters, spirituality for priests, twoarts for blademasters, subterfuge for serpents). I would assume sentinel is the same, but I don't really know. If they're not though, that would probably be easy to have changed in the next round of classleads.

I do think the throwing ability in weaponry will still be important for axe throwing even if they use skirmishing instead of weaponry for speed/damage/accuracy.
    It actually mentions now that twoarts and swashbuckling are impacted, I think?

Weapons Effectiveness
    ---------------------
    This is a sort of general measure of how well you will use any weapon, and is related, as noted above, to the Weaponry skill (and, for some, the Chivalry, Swashbuckling, or Two Arts skill).

Though it's super vague and doesn't outright say it. So maybe I'm misreading.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • That looks to me like it uses "and" misleadingly, since it's one or the other except in the case of weaponmastery (formerly chivalry). Weaponry has never applied to TwoArts attacks, and it did apply to jabbing with songblessed rapiers for a while, but that was a bug that got fixed.
  • Do they all get 10% of the lower skill like weaponmastery does?
  • Thanks, @Tecton! I think @Sena asked what I really needed to know. Does having trans weaponry help skirmishing if I am already trans in the class skills?