Hail, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Installing Scripts in HTML5 Client

AlcaroAlcaro Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
edited September 2015 in Client Help
So, I want to install this Butterfly Counter script. I'm currently using the HTML5 client [http://client.achaea.com/].

My question is: how? If someone can provide a step-by-step walkthrough for me, I'd appreciate it greatly. Sorry I'm so dumb.
(XXXX): Peak says, "You worry me."
Tagged:

Comments

• AlcaroAlcaro Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    EDIT: I tried pasting the text of the script into a function via the reflexes tab in the client settings, but whenever I tried to call the function, I received this error message:
    Error in Function [bfc]:
    SyntaxError: expected expression, got '<'
    I'm guessing that means there's something in the code that should be omitted or .. something. I would look for it myself, but I'm afraid of screwing it all to hell.
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,193 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Since I can't html, just a general tip, don't be afraid to break something you downloaded.  You can always delete it and try again.  
    Alcaro
  • KeneanungKeneanung Member Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I believe this is for an old Nexus. There have been 2 clients with the name of "Nexus" that I am aware of.
    Alcaro
  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,397 Achaean staff
    That's correct. It's for a no-longer-supported version of Nexus and shouldn't be on the site at all. Will get it taken down.
    Alcaro
  • AlcaroAlcaro Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Sarapis said:
    That's correct. It's for a no-longer-supported version of Nexus and shouldn't be on the site at all. Will get it taken down.
    Oh, okay. Thank you.

Well damn .. 
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,193 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bonus, if you saved the script before Sarapis deleted it, you can always rip the logic out and convert to the newer client.  Would be a good html5 learning lesson for ya.  When I switched from Zmud, I spent days copying and reworking my scripts, which is why I started with a firm understanding of mudlet. I still have every script I have ever written for myself, all the way back to zmud 2.8, or whatever the free version was.  
Sign In to Comment.