Mining and Legions

Comments

• Now it is quite balanced. We have stone and coal spawning alongside other premium comms. I like it.
  • Any reason why someone would get 2 mines wiped out -at least- twice, yet manage to completely obliterate a mine full of level 4-5s and successfully defend against two whole waves of level 4-5s (24 squads each iirc)?  Something seems very off, unless they had a huge stockpile of Qwindorium.

(Party): Crixos says, "Open your wunjos, people of Sapience."
    (Party): Crixos says, "Be nairated by my words."
  • @Entaro I did create a spreadsheet to run the average situation. Given there are 100+ people involved in a fight, it should keep reasonably close to it.
  • Iron could do with a boost I believe, the price has been slowly rising and Cities, mines and trades have a high demand on Iron and Steel.

I personally think there might be enough Iron spawning to meet demands but this hasn't been reflected in the market or in general availability. Similar to stone and coal it could do with a small tweak up and see if it pans out the same way.
  • @Draekar I'm not sure I see several people hoarding it. I do believe you are right on the fact demand is higher but I don't want to overcorrect. Either that needs to go up and coal go slightly down (tweaks) or some balance in between. (Keep the profit margin worth people mining).
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited September 2015
    I was pondering how to keep track of some info when I can't be around to see/notice it, and I had an idea in the process.

It would be really nice if there was a "legion log", similar to an org log where you can READLOG LEGION. This will give you access to information (with the usual datestamps) that happens up to six Achaean months back. Some information that could be included:

-Whenever any squad levels (and from what to what), whether naturally or via being fed silathyst/qwindorium.
    -Similar to trade logs accessible by MoT, at the end of a month, list how many commodities were dug up that Achaean month by your legion.
    -Any attacks, whether offensive or defensive. The amount of detail to be listed here is obviously up for debate, but any troops lost (including their squad number and level) at least would be useful.
    -Any time a rare mineral is dug up.

Just some examples. I'm sure a whole list of useful information could be gathered up to be listed. There's so much to keep track of that having additional IC resources to do so would be useful.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • It would be awesome if the commodity market sales were condensed into a single letter. I'm currently living in fear of the day when someone decides to buy all of my commodities in increments of 1.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Delios said:
    It would be awesome if the commodity market sales were condensed into a single letter. I'm currently living in fear of the day when someone decides to buy all of my commodities in increments of 1.
    it costs balance to make the purchases, so if anybody thought that was a 'great' idea, they'd be standing there for a while
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• It's happened.
  • Kez said:
    It's happened.
    It happens to me roughly 1/week. I start getting letters for 1 increment sale over a period of 2-3 hours.
    It really fucks up my serpent-fu, too.

@Tecton @Sarapis : Can we have an alternative to those annoying letters, please? Like an option to use our bank accounts, I don't know. 

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Siduri said:
    Kez said:
    It's happened.
    It happens to me roughly 1/week. I start getting letters for 1 increment sale over a period of 2-3 hours.
    It really fucks up my serpent-fu, too.

@Tecton @Sarapis : Can we have an alternative to those annoying letters, please? Like an option to use our bank accounts, I don't know. 

Hey at least there's letters. The gold from the talisman market just goes straight to your inventory. That's fun, if you miss the message...
  • I'm fine with the letters. Can always just let them decay. Doesn't take long.

Serpents need to not be visibly receiving letters while phased anyway, not just changing whether or not they get them at all.
  • edited September 2015
    Phased, hidden, whatever. That's a shoddy mechanic for us who are sneaking around, no matter the way.
    (And it's spammy and annoying)

I don't know, make them trade notes. They get in your inventory discretely, don't contain gold, but you can trade them at the commodity market to redeem the gold of the sales in one batch. Then they're destroyed.

• Just setup a commodities account like a 2nd bank account. Can buy/withdraw/cover mines with it.
  • Support @Siduri idea of Trade Notes. Basically instead of sending letters, transactions are recorded on a Trade Note. We can go to commodity market at Delos to TRADE NOTE REDEEM for gold. Trade Note is non-decay, re-usable as it record transactions, and bears distinctive personal mark. Miner can request for Trade Note at Deslo Commodity Market paying 500 gold commodity. Yeah, it's made in gold, heavy thing.
  • Haha, what a racket. A man after my own mind.

• edited September 2015
    Kakotas said:
    @Draekar I'm not sure I see several people hoarding it. I do believe you are right on the fact demand is higher but I don't want to overcorrect. Either that needs to go up and coal go slightly down (tweaks) or some balance in between. (Keep the profit margin worth people mining).
    Nope, been watching the markets and lode spawns pretty closely, I also have pretty good estimation on total city demands. Iron is one of the most profitable commodities at the moment and the price has settled at a point which I personally believe is to high. Maybe that is where it is wanted for various reasons but I believe it could be tweaked.

• Also like the log, note idea. Sounds really useful.
  • Entaro said:
    Any reason why someone would get 2 mines wiped out -at least- twice, yet manage to completely obliterate a mine full of level 4-5s and successfully defend against two whole waves of level 4-5s (24 squads each iirc)?  Something seems very off, unless they had a huge stockpile of Qwindorium.
    Do you know how many soldiers they had in the mines?
  • Draekar said:
    Kakotas said:
    @Draekar I'm not sure I see several people hoarding it. I do believe you are right on the fact demand is higher but I don't want to overcorrect. Either that needs to go up and coal go slightly down (tweaks) or some balance in between. (Keep the profit margin worth people mining).
    Nope, been watching the markets and lode spawns pretty closely, I also have pretty good estimation on total city demands. Iron is one of the most profitable commodities at the moment and the price has settled at a point which I personally believe is to high. Maybe that is where it is wanted for various reasons but I believe it could be tweaked.
    Oh I agree with the it is on the high side of things. It could use a tweak probably not one as drastic as coal though.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
    edited September 2015
    So, apparently, strongholds only get their 5% tithe if someone goes into the mine to CLAIM STORAGE, there is no 5% tithe if the mine simply collapses.

edit: and skimming through my buglist and my logs, apparently I've submitted this as a bug the 20th of july

• @Tharvis You can try and cultivate a relationship with your miners, offering to pay the claim storage fee.
  • I'm going to agree with Tharvis. I think collapses should pay a tithe to the stronghold. If only to make holding a stronghold more lucrative and a juicier target for conflict.
  • Maybe a smaller tithe? Seems like a decent compromise.

i'm a rebel

• Tahquil said:
    I'm going to agree with Tharvis. I think collapses should pay a tithe to the stronghold. If only to make holding a stronghold more lucrative and a juicier target for conflict.
    Yes, I agree with @Tharvis too. Operating a mine within the space of a stronghold should pay tithe.
  • Maybe if you had to pay soldiers/upkeep to maintain the stronghold.
  • Um... why does tundra not yield ice lodes?
  • Kez said:
    Um... why does tundra not yield ice lodes?
    I suspect because only ice spawns there and ice only spawns rarely and when it does spawn it has a chance to spawn in mountains or the fissure. There are only a couple rooms in the fissure for it to spawn in and while there are tons of mountain rooms in the Vashnars and Sirrocians for it to spawn in, so it probably only has like a 5-10% chance to spawn in the Fissure.
    Kez said:
    Um... why does tundra not yield ice lodes?
    because they 'spawn' in the fissure - I don't get the logic either, but I suppose it has to do with the algorithm behind the process