How do you plan to RP Your Multiclassing?

Comments

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    You mean Bard, you fairy bastard?
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Fudge you, @Aerek

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Aerek said:
    You mean Bard, you fairy bastard?
    Bard, blademaster or serpent  (i could work it). Also, how am I the fairy if you were the one sitting in -my- lap?

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Because I took it like a man.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited September 2015
    I've always been bard for combat more than RP, but I basically just see Xinna as a swordswoman warrior type. When I multiclass, I want to branch her out into a little bit of ritualism more. Taking up Apostasy likely. But she'll still be Xinna swordswoman Warrior Princess, just essentially studying, learning, and practicing Apostasy on the side. Likely going shaman as well, but will incorporate that in a similar way.
  • AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited September 2015
    I'm not super into the idea of multi class and I'd honestly rather put credits towards customising my shinies or something. Aereidhna is veeeery much runie to the core but I could potentially see jester working for her if I did get into multiclass (she was originally a jester). It does fit her RP well, and potentially a few less physical classes as she shifts towards being somewhat more introspective/spiritually focused and less high femme frat boy (but...not that much less because that's her thing).

The main issue is that I can't justify the expense because really what am I using the class skills for? Unless I get more into combat or something it's mostly window dressing. Right now the intricacies of combat make me want to fall asleep and/or curl up in the fetal position and rock back and forth, but maybe that'll change with time. So, I don't know, maybe if combat starts calling to me or my membership credits start piling up a year from now or something. We'll see.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Hell i've already been most of the classes already. Paladin,Serpent, Bm are really the only classes that the abilities I received effected my character in a certain way. Which imo, isn't a bad thing I like having abilities based on x and x and x but I choose to use them for x y and z instead with the factional classes keeping to factional reasons.

Also if @Xinna is pretending to be Xena now then I'm Hercules. Because they had a thing right? ...Right? I haven't seen that show since like the 90's but.. LOVE ME ANYWAYS O.O

• Caladbolg said:
    Also if @Xinna is pretending to be Xena now then I'm Hercules. Because they had a thing right? ...Right?
    Grudging respect. That's it, IIRC.

Now, Xena and Ares, on the other hand....
  • Spirit Bind

Spirit Attune

Spirit Multiclass

With Spiritlore, a Shaman is already every class.

• I am excited for EVERYONE ELSE to multiclass like they mean it. 

but alchemist is Quisse, and Quisse is alchemist. 
  • I'm still not entirely sure that I'll do multiclass. Kaila is a badger-obsessed Sentinel. I don't really see any other class fitting her personality.
  • Am I the only one not excited about multiclass.?  Right now, Storil does not plan to do it. He is a magi. He may be a sylvan one day, as his mother once was,  but he -will not- be a sylvan one day and a magi the next. I know, I know, it probably wont work quite like that,but I  worry about the impact this will have on rp. I look at classes somewhat like careers. You can change careers but it doesnt happen over night. I think losing ones class has tremendous rp value. for example consider a sylvan or druid changing class and losing their grove, a magi losing their connection to the elements, or a priest losing their angel. That makes for good rp, and I worry that multiclass, no matter how it is done, will permanently change that.if anyone has differing viewpoints I welcome them.
  • Storil said:
    Am I the only one not excited about multiclass.?  Right now, Storil does not plan to do it. He is a magi. He may be a sylvan one day, as his mother once was,  but he -will not- be a sylvan one day and a magi the next. I know, I know, it probably wont work quite like that,but I  worry about the impact this will have on rp. I look at classes somewhat like careers. You can change careers but it doesnt happen over night. I think losing ones class has tremendous rp value. for example consider a sylvan or druid changing class and losing their grove, a magi losing their connection to the elements, or a priest losing their angel. That makes for good rp, and I worry that multiclass, no matter how it is done, will permanently change that.if anyone has differing viewpoints I welcome them.
    I've got mixed feelings currently. I feel like the introduction to multiclass will completely annihilate the RP some characters have - Dairon's die hard loyalty to subterfuge isn't because it's useful. (Although it might have begun that way). I love how the serpent class has its own little niche. I love how there is a community of serpents that help each other, just because we can identify ourselves outside of cities/houses. Roughly half of the clans I'm in have to do with Serpent organizations ONLY. I would hate to see half the Achaean population pick up the class and suddenly become sneaky because of its utility. 

On the other hand, I've gone over the basic costs of learning a new class to transcendent and came up with roughly 866 or so credits. That made me realize how much time, effort, and money goes into learning a new character. As of now, the only two ways to do that is 1. Create and develop a new character, and 2. Completely abandon a part of the character's history and change class. With this in mind, I feel like it's a welcoming change to the game to introduce a new method in which people can pick up a different class and enjoy a larger perspective in the game without a huge sacrifice. 

Also, I feel like many major games are now developing very flexible functionality when it comes to classes and skills. I am not at all surprised that Achaea, one of the most flexible player-influenced games I've ever seen, is taking steps to follow this pattern. 

I don't know what @Tecton and all the other developers have in mind for multiclass, but I wouldn't be surprised if it followed the current trend of learning lessons. Becoming a full member of a class requires a certain number criteria you have to meet (level, time spent in game, etc). I feel like multiclass, once implemented, could be something that would achieved upon mastery of one's class and fulfillment of certain RP progression. Of course, all this is probably a part of the big giant plan they've been cooking up to introduce multiclass. Experience dictates that we're in good hands. 

I guess I just want multiclass to be introduced quickly. All this worrying over something that we've got little information about is pretty much useless until implementation. Once we know what it is, we can work out the wrinkles and be happy and multiclass. 
  • I feel bad about wanting to multiclass in to serpent because of the stuff that @Dairon was talking about. I don't even care about the utility of it, I just want serpent because of lolChaos, but I know that it will likely be everybody and their dog's second class. I'll manage to put it off for a while, but I know that I'll eventually give in. 'Cause, ya know, lolChaos.
  • Not to mention that the vibrating stick is now completely useless as you can multiclass serpent for roughly the same amount of credits (for tri-trans, much less for just learning up to warp). 

With that in mind, please make it a thing so you have to learn all or nothing. Maybe that'll lessen the number of people picking up a class for one or two specific skills. 

Also, lowering the price on the warp stick might see some profit too, I think. 
  • Warp stick is also useful because it doesn't matter what class you're in. I can be in lesserform or dragonform, and I still have warps available. The same may not be the case for multiclass, where you'd have to change your class to use the warp.

I'd like to get the ability to splice and such added to it, though.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited September 2015
    Aodfionn said:
    Wait, we're supposed to RP our classes?
    This sums my entire experience after shallam fell with team good... Thank you Aodfionn... lol

On the topic though I really am not looking forward to this on some levels because it will mean utility wins over RP. Another devolution in the RP chain. Something tells me were going to see a lot of Serpent Paladins (despite the fact it makes absolutely no sense) or some such combinations. Given there are a lot of combinations that work I just hope there is a bit of thought into the interactions of these classes.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • edited September 2015
    More and more, I am really hoping that multiclass is more like some sort of "class closet" than it is like Aetolia's multiclass where you can change around fairly often.

That it's more like "when you change class, you keep progress in your old class, so if you go back to it you don't have to spend credits to relearn it" (but you can't just swap between them frequently, at-will) - more "you are a paladin who used to be a serpent, and it wouldn't be too hard for you to go back to being a serpent" than it is "now you are a serpent-paladin".

At the very least, a lot of responses in this thread (and other posts about multiclass) has made me really hope there's some in-character explanation of class swapping - like using some doodad with a spirit trapped in it or some sort of class-horcrux thingy - something physical and in-character so it isn't just a mechanical thing. That would at least be something to make it feel less blatantly MMO-y.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Not all characters value honour and the like, even if they are one of the supposed 'knightly' classes. For them it would make perfect sense to be, say, both runewarden and serpent. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Plus, you don't -have- to ambush people and be a dick as a Serpent. Historically I know of at least a handful of Serpent combatants that would stand toe to toe with folks in the room with an occasional evade to get a breather. 

• SethSeth North Carolina
    Personally, my RP comes more from my village and order. So no matter what class I am, I'll still be a Forestal and a Qui'anar.
  • Chaos won't destroy the realm...but this multiclass thing just might....
  • Storil said:
    Chaos won't destroy the realm...but this multiclass thing just might....
    Either that or some infernal/occie or elementalist/occie running around claiming new revelation then they set off a holo in the netherworld and blow half of sapience to smithereens... Welcome to multiclass where there are no more class specific areas that make a class interesting.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Is there any chance that multiclass wont happen?
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    technically we already tested multiclass! Bal'met event!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited September 2015
    To add to @Daeir above, we heard the same thing about Autoclass.

Hell, the ability to change class has more potential to do what everyone's complaining about than going from changing classes to multiclass.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited September 2015

There's always this option.*

*Flying unicorn mount and battlecat tiger customised separately.