Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Artefact questions and discussion

11617182022

Comments

  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,478 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I am arti'd out of the asshole. I can run the sidhe in annwyn without health vials.
    Utianima
  • ArditiArditi Member Posts: 841 @ - Epic Achaean
    Ahmet said:
    Arditi said:
    Tahquil said:
    I find wielding my SOA in Sylvan as I hunt to be pretty alright. I don't know how to get the numbers crunched to see if the armour of a spun staff is better than the occasional complete block of an attack.
    While completely unscientific, go into your preferred hunting area with X sips of health. Clear it twice, once with the SoA, once with spun staff. Count how many sips difference between the two.
    I'd not recommend this method, for multiple reasons, the biggest one being crits can easily skew the numbers.
    Note the unscientific bit up there. This is about as scientific as claiming that dinosaur bones are put in the ground to test our faith.

    Tahquil said:
    I am arti'd out of the asshole. I can run the sidhe in annwyn without health vials.

    Then I guess you go based off of which one is more customizable. Can you customize a Sylvan staff?

  • SarathaiSarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You can customise, nondecay and reset Grove quarterstaves, yeah.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,928 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarathai said:
    You can customise, nondecay and reset Grove quarterstaves, yeah.
    Psh, staff of Yggdrasil or bust.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

    Yae
  • SarathaiSarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kyrra said:
    Sarathai said:
    You can customise, nondecay and reset Grove quarterstaves, yeah.
    Psh, staff of Yggdrasil or bust.
    You should totally buy me one.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,928 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarathai said:
    Kyrra said:
    Sarathai said:
    You can customise, nondecay and reset Grove quarterstaves, yeah.
    Psh, staff of Yggdrasil or bust.
    You should totally buy me one.
    I may or may not have bought @Oceana one. I know I intended to at some stage after I bought earrings for her and @Verrucht. It's really difficult to remember what I have bought people in the past because they used to just utter "I wish I had..." and I put out faster than Annwyn for someone fleeing from Jhui,

    They are definitely worth it though. Non-decay, an increase on how much personal sunlight you can store, they automatically return to you when you set up a temporary grove somewhere else. It's probably the second artifact I bought for my sylvan after my plinth, but only my plinth got customised.  Thinking about it, robes of the magi were the third thing that I bought. I have weird priorities.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

    Oceana
  • OceanaOceana North SeaMember Posts: 899 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited September 2015
    I don't have a custom staff. I carry 20+ staves and evoke sunlight whenever I see the sun and remember. I have a nice staff energy tracker for it that @Eilona and @Azuros wrote. Also I don't want a custom staff @Kyrra :). I was already overwhelmed by the gift of the earrings.
    Kyrra
  • DortheronDortheron Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Kyrra said:
    Sarathai said:
    Kyrra said:
    Sarathai said:
    You can customise, nondecay and reset Grove quarterstaves, yeah.
    Psh, staff of Yggdrasil or bust.
    You should totally buy me one.
    I may or may not have bought @Oceana one. I know I intended to at some stage after I bought earrings for her and @Verrucht. It's really difficult to remember what I have bought people in the past because they used to just utter "I wish I had..." and I put out faster than Annwyn for someone fleeing from Jhui,

    They are definitely worth it though. Non-decay, an increase on how much personal sunlight you can store, they automatically return to you when you set up a temporary grove somewhere else. It's probably the second artifact I bought for my sylvan after my plinth, but only my plinth got customised.  Thinking about it, robes of the magi were the third thing that I bought. I have weird priorities.
    Happily accepting artefact gifts at this time @kyrra :innocent:

    But seriously, you're too nice. I wish I was as charitable as you, but I'm too poor and/or cheap
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

    Yea, that one!
    YaeKyrraLothien
  • LothienLothien Montréal, QuébecMember Posts: 256 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    The 7500 sunlight definitely comes in handy in any raiding scenario when you don't want to sit there evoking sunlight over and over. Plus being able to PLANT QUARTERSTAFF without having to worry about carrying extras or making a new one is nice!

    @Kyrra I'm still trying to decide on how to customize my plinth, maybe I'll hunt down your grove and take a peek. Customizing my staff will probably have to wait until a Divine shows interest in me. I customized another staff (non-artie) for Melantha that I sometimes use ritually as well.
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,928 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Lothien, I just sent you a message with the descriptions!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

  • AradorArador Member Posts: 1,696 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kyrra said:
    Sarathai said:
    You can customise, nondecay and reset Grove quarterstaves, yeah.
    Psh, staff of Nicator or bust.
    Fixed.

  • SasiyaSasiya Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Hello there!

    I just logged on to Achaea again and realized I have tons of unspent credits. I am a Runewarden/Dragon whose main interest is bashing, although it'd be nice to contribute in PK down the road if I ever get back into playing actively. I already have a fair amount of artefacts (like, all the blatantly good ones), so not entirely sure what to get next. I also have two Soulpiercers that aren't very useful to me at the moment.

    I've considering buying artefacts for my ship, maybe wand of portals or vibrating stick or such. Would it be worth holding on to credits waiting for multiclassing? I remember it being something that was discussed back when I was playing the last time, but there's been tons of other stuff released in the meantime. Any new artefacts that're worthwhile investing in?
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,346 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited September 2015
    Sasiya said:
    Hello there!

    I just logged on to Achaea again and realized I have tons of unspent credits. I am a Runewarden/Dragon whose main interest is bashing, although it'd be nice to contribute in PK down the road if I ever get back into playing actively. I already have a fair amount of artefacts (like, all the blatantly good ones), so not entirely sure what to get next. I also have two Soulpiercers that aren't very useful to me at the moment.

    I've considering buying artefacts for my ship, maybe wand of portals or vibrating stick or such. Would it be worth holding on to credits waiting for multiclassing? I remember it being something that was discussed back when I was playing the last time, but there's been tons of other stuff released in the meantime. Any new artefacts that're worthwhile investing in?
    You might be able to talk @Tecton into exchanging your rapiers, though don't quote me on it.  

    Beyond that: save for multiclass. It should be here by Christmas and learning a class from 0 to trans is expensive.  If you're not interested in multiclass, it might help if you post what arties you do have. 
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,928 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Since the introduction of Weaponmastery and that testing phase, knights were permitted a flat exchange of their weapons from one type into another.

    Syntax: EXCHANGE <weapon> FOR <weapon>
            (E.G. EXCHANGE SOULPIERCER FOR LONGSWORD)

    You can only do it the once per weapon, and it's a once off because almost everyone had SPs. It's worth noting that you can exchange a Soulpiercer for a two-handed weapon, so if you actually went two-handed, you can ideally swap two rapiers for a bastard-sword and a warhammer if you were inclined to make use of both.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

    Praxides
  • LothienLothien Montréal, QuébecMember Posts: 256 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited September 2015
    I should probably do the math myself, but, well, I'll ask!

    Which is the better benefit?
    Lv2->Lv3 sip (+10% on sip)
    none->Lv2 CON belt (+500 health?)
    Lv1->Lv2 bracelets and none->Lv1 CON (+5% health + 240 health?)

    -- separately --
    none->Lv1 sash+Lv1 collar
    none->Lv2 sash or collar

    Thanks!

    (Sorry to call on you, @Sena, but I really do appreciate all of your time & energy into your calculations. You really are an invaluable Achaean.)
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sip is usually better than more con

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 5,004 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If you're mainly wanting to bash, and PvP pretty casually, con is going to be better. Even more so since you already have a level 2 sip ring. I'd go for the level 2 belt.
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 1,415 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited September 2015
    Bashing : con is better
    Duel : sip is better

    Both: SoA is the best. 

    Do you spend your time bashing more, or dueling more?

    Whichever you get won't go wrong. Just get one already. 
  • AlaskarAlaskar Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I have 280 credits, might buy more if needed. I have an soa,  and I'm considering level 1 critical pendant. 8s it worth it, or should I wait for something else? Mainly concerned with speeding up bashing.

  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Crit pendant. Start at level 1, upgrade when you can. Even as a dragon, the bonus is noticable.

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Austere
  • LothienLothien Montréal, QuébecMember Posts: 256 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Antonius Thanks so much for the detailed rundown. I went with the Belt of the Titans. :)
  • LyrLyr Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

    Here's what I have, and I have around 500 credits. Not sure exactly what I should get or save up for now that I'm back. Ideas welcome! The only thing I can think of is a sip ring upgrade or a crit pendant upgrade.


    a Raphaelan mace

    a Shield of Absorption

    a long, elegant ebony pipe

    a dragonskin quiver

    a ranger's bow

    a silver tuning fork

    a Mayan ring

    a pair of eagle's wings

    a fire pendant

    an Aldar Diadem

    an Aeonic hourglass

    a pair of Mayan Bracelets

    a hunter's belt

    a glittering ring of vitality

    a sandstone stationery kit

    a gem of cloaking

    an ornately carved ivory pipe

    a Brooch of the Tempest

    a ring of flying

    a polished marble pipe

    a set of mithril spurs

  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,346 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lyr said:

    Here's what I have, and I have around 500 credits. Not sure exactly what I should get or save up for now that I'm back. Ideas welcome! The only thing I can think of is a sip ring upgrade or a crit pendant upgrade.


    a Raphaelan mace

    a Shield of Absorption

    a long, elegant ebony pipe

    a dragonskin quiver

    a ranger's bow

    a silver tuning fork

    a Mayan ring

    a pair of eagle's wings

    a fire pendant

    an Aldar Diadem

    an Aeonic hourglass

    a pair of Mayan Bracelets

    a hunter's belt

    a glittering ring of vitality

    a sandstone stationery kit

    a gem of cloaking

    an ornately carved ivory pipe

    a Brooch of the Tempest

    a ring of flying

    a polished marble pipe

    a set of mithril spurs

    Start saving for multiclass. By the time it gets released, you should have enough to pick up a while new class! 
  • LyrLyr Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Thanks, but I really just want to be a priest :( I don't find anything particularly compelling about any other class. I'd rather just be the best priest I can be if that makes sense.

    RomAustereChryenth
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    For any who do damage numbers, I tried searching, but found a few different answers over time. Not sure of the current situation with int.

    Current state: aldar talisman, level 2 collar, 15 int, quick-witted

    800 credits for an L3 collar, or 500 for L1 sash?

    If L1 sash is the answer, then once bought, for the next artie:

    (same as initial state but 16 int)
    800 credits for L3 collar or 750 for L2 sash?

    PVE and PVP both.

    Thoughts?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,346 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited September 2015
    Trevize said:
    For any who do damage numbers, I tried searching, but found a few different answers over time. Not sure of the current situation with int.

    Current state: aldar talisman, level 2 collar, 15 int, quick-witted

    800 credits for an L3 collar, or 500 for L1 sash?

    If L1 sash is the answer, then once bought, for the next artie:

    (same as initial state but 16 int)
    800 credits for L3 collar or 750 for L2 sash?

    PVE and PVP both.

    Thoughts?
    I have always tested collars to increase damage more, regardless of your int (I think 12 is a low as I tested). The main benefit to int is going to be the willpower and mana differences. I did buy a level 1 sash before upgrading my collar from level 2 to 3, strictly because of the price difference.  

    Edit:

    @Lyr it really depends on your goals.  With hunting in its current incarnation, an upgraded critical pendant is never bad.  Priest is already a powerhouse of damage Absorption, though,  so if pk, I would go buckawns first. 

    Lyre is also a wonderful artie.
    Halos
  • LothienLothien Montréal, QuébecMember Posts: 256 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Not sure if these still stand, but using the latest numbers I could find

    INT: 15 with Lv2 collar
    INT+1: 1380 -> 1450
    +5% damage: 1380 -> 1440

    So I think the sash is the answer for the first question.

    For the next question,
    INT: 16 with Lv2 collar
    INT+1: 1450 -> 1516
    +5% damage: 1450 -> 1513

    so about even?

    Take this with a grain of salt since I'm not sure the numbers I used are completely accurate.



  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited September 2015
    Lothien said:
    Not sure if these still stand, but using the latest numbers I could find

    INT: 15 with Lv2 collar
    INT+1: 1380 -> 1450
    +5% damage: 1380 -> 1440

    So I think the sash is the answer for the first question.

    For the next question,
    INT: 16 with Lv2 collar
    INT+1: 1450 -> 1516
    +5% damage: 1450 -> 1513

    so about even?

    Take this with a grain of salt since I'm not sure the numbers I used are completely accurate.

    Hmm. That's what I was getting when I tried to look back. L1 sash slightly worse, but cost difference making it more dmg/credit vs L2-3 collar. L3 collar vs L2 sash, L3 collar was more dmg/credit. L3 sash obviously the least benefit per credit.

    Edit: fixing spelling because apparently I can write 300 lines of code without a single error, but can't write a couple words in English without making two!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
Sign In to Comment.