Struggling with Atavian/Sylvan Concept

Hello all, I'm new to Achaea, but a veteran Mudder that haven't mudded in years. I started a new character that's an Atavian with the Sylvan class and while it's playable and unique, I'm having trouble with the RP/aesthetic concept, especially the Viridian transformation. A birdman that's able to turn into a plantman or a treeman is too strange to my taste. Though I could ignore that ability...I seem to rely on it, much like candy sitting on a counter and it's just right there for the taking. I chose Sylvan because of Weatherweaving. Basically, I wanted to play a birdman or an elf with the power of Air, Storm, or Lightning spells. But not in a druidic way. I don't care much for PvP. I'm more into socializing, RPing, and PvE. So anyway, I'm barely almost level 10, so I'm on the fence with continuing this character until I can change class by paying the price (but not embracing) or starting over with a new character and class. But I don't want to lose my character name, I love it. Any advices, encouragements, or ideas on race/class (even Houses) would be appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    You have a free reincarnation you can use to change to a tsol'aa (most elf-like and best race ever, ahem) if you like. If you think about it, it's pretty terrifying to imagine a vine-wreathed flying thorny creature coming at you! But I understand it being a bit weird. (I'm a tsol'aa sylvan so I may be a bit biased!)
  • Exactly, "a vine-wreathed flying thorny creature" is very weird. It might sound cool as a monster, though. But I'm still struggling imagining it. Maybe I'll reincarnate into a tsol'aa. I love elves! Much appreciated, thanks! Is there another class that's similar to the Sylvan with Weatherweaving skills? Is the Druid class any good instead of Sylvan?
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Weatherweaving is sylvan only. Magi has Elementalism (control over the elements) but it doesn't have the same flavor. All classes are "good" depending on what you want to do. Druids are very much druidic. They don't really use magic per se, they take over animal spirits. They do share Groves with sylvans, though.
  • I read in the thread with the mention that Sylvans can fly. How do they fly? Druids seem to be able to transform into birds to fly.
  • Sylvans casts aerial and then they fly with magic.