Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Elite Membership

So, I played Imperian with a membership for a little while. It was totally awesome. I wanted to get one over here (and still will). It just seems like the Imperian membership offers you more. It comes with the standard 100 credits, 5 lessons a day, bonus xp, 2 tokens of the creater, and an Immortal Phylactery. The membership is still worth having imo. I just sort of feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick having had both. Thoughts on why the memberships don't have equality across all the IRE games?

Comments

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USAMember Posts: 1,818 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That's kinda hard to answer without knowing what those other items do. It feels like the other games have a lot of crazy stuff we don't have here, (including a lot of stuff I wouldn't want here, honestly) so it's natural that there'd be some inequities or differences between us. About the only thing I wouldn't mind seeing added to a member ship is Crowns, but 12 crowns a year would just result in anyone with a membership owning all of the SoW.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • FurreanFurrean Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2015
    well, tokens are basically crowns..I think. You got to buy special vanity pets, make a family name, stuff like that. With some items costing 1 token and others more expensive. The Phylactery is a box of sorts that when opened give you cool little things. Sometime credits, sometimes artifact upgrade tokens. Having had both I just feel like I'm missing out here. 
  • RispokRispok Member Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    The main benefit of the Achaean membership is that it's Achaea.
    KakotasKlendathuGreysNaverre
  • RuthRuth SingaporeMember Posts: 2,700 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Inflation (for Shop of Wonders items) is not as high in Achaea than it is in other IRE games, I believe. It might be because of that.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• JonathinJonathin Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The iron coin to special item cost in Aet (and in other games with their equivalents) is much higher. To do this in Achaea, a fraction of a crown would have to be created and given. On top of that, crown promotions would not net as much money and crown trade deals would not be nearly as coveted.

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

well, that makes sense. I was just wondering. I haven't dealt with any crowns yet, so didn't know. thanks.
  • LothienLothien Montréal, QuébecMember Posts: 256 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    It might be nice to have a little package with a random chance at a crown, 30 credits, gold and herbs, etc. But yeah, the economies of the games vary pretty wildly.
  • CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tokens in Imperian are equivalent value to crowns, though. Most items there are anywhere between 1-6/7 for most. Some go as high as 20-30, though. Like an out of city house.

I liked @Lothien idea. No guarantee for a crown, but maybe! Just something extra would be nice. I'm not complaining, it was just cool to have a "grab bag", so to speak, in imperian.
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I demand moar naow, Mayan Crown for every 5 months I'm subbed!

#vivalaresistance!
  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff
    If we threw in something extra, we'd reduce the # of credits or lessons you get proportionately. Iron Elite is a very good deal already. There are no plans to add anything else to it I'm afraid!
    SilvarienAthelasSyri
  • SilvarienSilvarien Member Posts: 576 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited September 2015
    @Sarapis : Elite is an awesome little treat, especially for people more patient than I am!
    Morthif
    @Sarapis That is fine. I agree its a great deal, as well. I was just curious as to why other IRE games did. I got my answer though!
  • CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There's also the point that the other IRE games, also have a considerably lower amount of players than Achaea. So they get extra, to sway more people into getting elite.

Furrean
  • AlaskarAlaskar Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Could we just get the option to renew early? So we could go ahead and pay the money to begin at the maxed out bonus? Sometime I want another 100 or so credits, but it's like "well damn, if I just wait till next month, I get them at like, $0.20/credit" (or whatever it is), and I'd love to just be able to snatch up another 100-150 on a whim at such a ridiculous price.

• JonathinJonathin Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I think it'd be nice to just pre-pay like 2, 4, or even 6 months ahead. Don't even need the extra perks early.

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

• TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Jonathin said:
    I think it'd be nice to just pre-pay like 2, 4, or even 6 months ahead. Don't even need the extra perks early.
    We do offer this via custom arrangement!
    KakotasJonathinPraxides
    @tecton Who would one need to get ahold of to do this?
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton said:
    Jonathin said:
    We do offer this via custom arrangement!
    dafuq, why has no one ever told me about this...

Trey
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    [email protected] - just if you'd like to pay in a lump sum all at once in advance. You still get the credit and bonuses monthly.
    That's fine. i just like the idea of paying for it in bulk. 
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    Wow - agreed. I tend to pay stuff in 6-12 month timeframes just for simplicity. Will be emailing soonish, likely!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 1,391 @ - Epic Achaean
    Sarapis said:
    If we threw in something extra, we'd reduce the # of credits or lessons you get proportionately. Iron Elite is a very good deal already. There are no plans to add anything else to it I'm afraid!
    I suggested before, a bigger plan.
Sign In to Comment.