Elite Membership

So, I played Imperian with a membership for a little while. It was totally awesome. I wanted to get one over here (and still will). It just seems like the Imperian membership offers you more. It comes with the standard 100 credits, 5 lessons a day, bonus xp, 2 tokens of the creater, and an Immortal Phylactery. The membership is still worth having imo. I just sort of feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick having had both. Thoughts on why the memberships don't have equality across all the IRE games?

Comments

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    That's kinda hard to answer without knowing what those other items do. It feels like the other games have a lot of crazy stuff we don't have here, (including a lot of stuff I wouldn't want here, honestly) so it's natural that there'd be some inequities or differences between us. About the only thing I wouldn't mind seeing added to a member ship is Crowns, but 12 crowns a year would just result in anyone with a membership owning all of the SoW.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited September 2015
    well, tokens are basically crowns..I think. You got to buy special vanity pets, make a family name, stuff like that. With some items costing 1 token and others more expensive. The Phylactery is a box of sorts that when opened give you cool little things. Sometime credits, sometimes artifact upgrade tokens. Having had both I just feel like I'm missing out here. 
  • The main benefit of the Achaean membership is that it's Achaea.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Inflation (for Shop of Wonders items) is not as high in Achaea than it is in other IRE games, I believe. It might be because of that.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    The iron coin to special item cost in Aet (and in other games with their equivalents) is much higher. To do this in Achaea, a fraction of a crown would have to be created and given. On top of that, crown promotions would not net as much money and crown trade deals would not be nearly as coveted.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • well, that makes sense. I was just wondering. I haven't dealt with any crowns yet, so didn't know. thanks.
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    It might be nice to have a little package with a random chance at a crown, 30 credits, gold and herbs, etc. But yeah, the economies of the games vary pretty wildly.
  • Tokens in Imperian are equivalent value to crowns, though. Most items there are anywhere between 1-6/7 for most. Some go as high as 20-30, though. Like an out of city house.

• I liked @Lothien idea. No guarantee for a crown, but maybe! Just something extra would be nice. I'm not complaining, it was just cool to have a "grab bag", so to speak, in imperian.
  • I demand moar naow, Mayan Crown for every 5 months I'm subbed!

#vivalaresistance!
  • If we threw in something extra, we'd reduce the # of credits or lessons you get proportionately. Iron Elite is a very good deal already. There are no plans to add anything else to it I'm afraid!
  • edited September 2015
    @Sarapis : Elite is an awesome little treat, especially for people more patient than I am!
  • @Sarapis That is fine. I agree its a great deal, as well. I was just curious as to why other IRE games did. I got my answer though!
  • There's also the point that the other IRE games, also have a considerably lower amount of players than Achaea. So they get extra, to sway more people into getting elite.

• Could we just get the option to renew early? So we could go ahead and pay the money to begin at the maxed out bonus? Sometime I want another 100 or so credits, but it's like "well damn, if I just wait till next month, I get them at like, $0.20/credit" (or whatever it is), and I'd love to just be able to snatch up another 100-150 on a whim at such a ridiculous price.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I think it'd be nice to just pre-pay like 2, 4, or even 6 months ahead. Don't even need the extra perks early.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Jonathin said:
    I think it'd be nice to just pre-pay like 2, 4, or even 6 months ahead. Don't even need the extra perks early.
    We do offer this via custom arrangement!
  • @tecton Who would one need to get ahold of to do this?
  • Tecton said:
    Jonathin said:
    We do offer this via custom arrangement!
    dafuq, why has no one ever told me about this...

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    sales@achaea.com - just if you'd like to pay in a lump sum all at once in advance. You still get the credit and bonuses monthly.
  • That's fine. i just like the idea of paying for it in bulk. 
  • Wow - agreed. I tend to pay stuff in 6-12 month timeframes just for simplicity. Will be emailing soonish, likely!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Sarapis said:
    If we threw in something extra, we'd reduce the # of credits or lessons you get proportionately. Iron Elite is a very good deal already. There are no plans to add anything else to it I'm afraid!
    I suggested before, a bigger plan.