Offer White Dragon Elder Dragon color for highly experienced Dragons

Hi there,

Some game years ago, I would see total futility to suggest this because Ashaxei was the White Dragon. But since she has passed away, and her color represented the pinnacle of Draconic attainment, I was thinking allow Dragons that are very high level, (like 110 or even higher,) to make use of a special Elder Dragon set that must be collected and that only works once you've got all other Elder Dragon sets, and you can become a White Dragon as one of the worthy heirs of Ashaxei.

I am not saying this should be easy in the slightest. Make 1. a very high level requirement past Dragon Lord (such as 110, but let the Garden have the final say on that,) then, 2. require the acquisition of literally every other full Elder Dragon set and 3. make the person also gather up the highly difficult White Dragon Elder Dragon set. Only then can they morph into a White Dragon.

What benefits the White Dragon morph gives should be up to the Garden and you guys. My understanding of game mechanics is about the same as my understanding of rocket science. But I do think the idea would be good in principle because while it would be a headache, it would give real incentive for people to bash past 100 and great incentive to collect all Elder Dragon sets, which currently provide limited advantage. We could look forward to something really cool, and I think it makes sense in the context of game lore.

Thank you for reading my idea.

Comments

• Elder dragon is an absolutely huge advantage over regular dragon. The faster dragonform alone is worth it.

If people aren't motivated to get Elder dragon already I can't see many of them being influenced by this.

Not to say I dislike the idea, I'm just struggling to think of worthwhile benefits that aren't totally broken. Unique shouting voice maybe?
  • I love the idea.

Yes to untradable talismans for it. Perhaps drop from regular dragon talisman drop areas, but you can only get them 110+.

As for benefits, perhaps the ability to summon any element breath weapon while a white dragon?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited September 2015

Yes, to the idea - Not to cary about the idea of more talismans for it though (especially unless they are untradeable). That said, I really wish we had a goal beyond dragon in the game - Reaching a new upper level that came with something amazing. White colour, a dragon manse on Gare, something. If you look through old forums, there are million player-suggested ideas for such things. Personally, I'd find that way more interesting that random drops and having to haggle with people about over-priced talismans.

• A unique breath weapon would be sufficient motivation for me personally. Like Mount Everest, something to tackle because its there. ;)
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    I'd be motivated to get white dragon, for sure. But I'm already frustrated at how slow talisman collection is going to go, so if this is yet another talisman to get, I might not do it due it seemingly insurmountable odds. :-1: 
  • edited September 2015
    Antonius said:
    Elder dragon is an absolutely huge advantage over regular dragon. The faster dragonform alone is worth it.

If people aren't motivated to get Elder dragon already I can't see many of them being influenced by this.

Not to say I dislike the idea, I'm just struggling to think of worthwhile benefits that aren't totally broken. Unique shouting voice maybe?
    @Antonius : maybe grant DragonMastery trait that has a slight positive effect on the skill tree, such as a bit less cooldown time to dragonheal, 1/3 or 1/4 second shaved off Gare, slightly less time to Summon breath weapon, etc.

I am not saying these particular numbers, because these might be OP, but something in this vein that both justifies the journey to White Dragon and doesn't break the game decisively once it's attained.

Alternatively, you could make the whole thing identical to Elder Dragon, except for make 3 Major Traits (the ones that are normally dormant to Dragons) but the White Dragons do have three Major Traits that only White Dragons can have. What those should be... uh... I am all ears.

@Greys : maybe have a HEALING breath weapon. That would weirden things up, no? Like, Perform Hands, only it's a breath weapon that can affect 1-3 people, with the increasing number of targets diluting the power of the heal. If multiple targets is too powerful, just make it affect one person like Hands and use Willpower. But, introducing something like this from Devotional skill tree is normally probably OP, but this is like lvl 110+, so maybe it would be justified.
  • Silvarien said:

@Greys : maybe have a HEALING breath weapon. That would weirden things up, no? Like, Perform Hands, only it's a breath weapon that can affect 1-3 people, with the increasing number of targets diluting the power of the heal. If multiple targets is too powerful, just make it affect one person like Hands and use Willpower. But, introducing something like this from Devotional skill tree is normally probably OP, but this is like lvl 110+, so maybe it would be justified.
    Let's expand this a touch.

What if, while summoned, you got a level of health regen (stacking with berkana/regen ring/etc so it can't get OP, just saves you a rune or whatever). Can be blasted for a heal like hands/emperor (but not self). Storm gives a tiny AOE heal (nothing OP - a very small one, maybe like uruz - make it last longer than normal storm too).

No idea what to do with stream/rain without being crazy OP for group hunting.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    1. One more level above Gare, access to various Harbours and Meropis. 
    2. Dragonheal > Quicker EQ used on self, and can also target another person, but with double the EQ time,
    3. Breathstorm > Heals a random affliction on tick on allies, or give a random affliction from dragoncurse pool to enemy.
    4. Incantation > Shrugs all afflictions and bedevils them.
    5. Dragonblast > Heals allies off one random affliction.
    6. Breathrain > Heals lolhealth on allies
    7. Breathgust > additional ability: Breathgust <direction>, strong wind blows target to the adjacent room
    8. Summon > Breath weapon is always summoned, hence changed this to: Summon <target>, summoning ability.
    Literally change the offenses to defenses. Will be interesting in Raids, KOTHs and CTF.
  • edited September 2015
    Dochitha said:
    1. One more level above Gare, access to various Harbours and Meropis.
    Pretty sure Meropis access from Gare will never happen.

Wouldn't mind some new Gare exits though. Achaea is bigger than it used to be, so the Gare (I mean, it's supposed to be a multidimensional planar nexus or whatever, so surely it can provide a bit more as Achaea grows?) and possibly other fast travel abilities (Isolation etc.) could probably use another look. I'd love an Isolation exit to the Rheodad forest, for one. There are still a couple of unused exit directions in Iso as well.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I've been thinking on the idea of untradable white dragon talisman pieces. The issue there is going to be when you have extra bits you don't need, but are still missing a few of another type. Perhaps there could be some kind of "exchange" mechanism for the white dragon talisman pieces, where you can trade say 4 whitedragonclaw level 1 for 1 whitedragoneye level 1 (4 level 1 of a level 7 for 1 of the same) or 32 level 1 common pieces (of varying types) for 1 whitedragonvoicebox level 1 (the level 3 piece required).

I know this would make gathering whitedragon pieces a non-collaborative effort, but at least then there wouldn't be so many random pieces lying around, especially for classes who have no way to change them into gold.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Or just make it so that you collect shards instead of individual pieces, and it requires the same number of shards but they aren't specific to parts.
    Lothien said:
    Or just make it so that you collect shards instead of individual pieces, and it requires the same number of shards but they aren't specific to parts.
    That was another thought I had too, maybe a better idea.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Pretty sure white is exclusive to Ashaxei, in terms of lore. Maybe polka dots.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Puuuurrrrple.... or maybe teal. Saffron? Cornflower_blue.
  • Daeir said:
    DodgerBlue Giants orange is way better, scrubs.
    FTFY.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Sarapis said:
    Daeir said:
    DodgerBlue Giants Tigers orange is way better, scrubs.
    FTFY.
    FTFYFTFY
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    Sarapis said:
    Daeir said:
    FTFY.
    FTFYFTFY
    I'm sorry, but any team that hasn't won the World Series three times in the past five years can just sit down right now. 

And no, 1984 is not within the last five years (just in case you didn't feel like doing the math!). 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Sarapis said:
    Jonathin said:
    Sarapis said:
    Daeir said:
    FTFY.
    FTFYFTFY
    I'm sorry, but any team that hasn't won the World Series three times in the past five years can just sit down right now. 

And no, 1984 is not within the last five years (just in case you didn't feel like doing the math!). 
    Sorry, but any sport that purports to have a "world series" in which only one country participates has ideas above its station.

Baseball = rounders... ;)

• Klendathu said:
    Sarapis said:
    Jonathin said:
    Sarapis said:
    Daeir said:
    FTFY.
    FTFYFTFY

Sorry, but any sport that purports to have a "world series" in which only one country participates has ideas above its station.

Baseball = rounders... ;)

Fully Agree. Although I think they let a token Canadian team to join in now and again. Hearing the Superbowl winners called World Champions always makes me laugh too.

Oh, and a no from me on White Dragons, just to keep on topic

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    all depends on the lore behind white dragons, which I -think- is that they are white (and just those two) because of their tie to the Fire (see bal'met event lore and the embers that appeared after Ashaxei died)
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."