Your Legacy

Comments

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    I aim and have aimed for Orklanishkal to be remembered as one of the heroes of Occultic history (which in the lore dates back centuries). My on and off dormancy has probably prevented that though...oh well.
    Please. Your absence helped you, in a sense - everyone knew the Legend of Orklanishkal. I wove you an epic! 
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • I suspect I will be remembered as someone who used the forums a lot.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I will forever remember you as the worst classlead of all time.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Oh, I've a few goals. Top of the list these days is helping to put a REAL, uncoded, hopefully eventually living language into Achaea.

I mean, numbers geeks get to play with combat variables, but so far, I've been very disappointed by Bo's experiences with not one but two 'languages' which were both, as far as I know, 'let's replace some English words with nonsense words, maybe give common suffixes like -ing and -(e)s some nonsense words too, put an RP reason on it, give it a name, and behold, it's a language.' I understand, even that far feels like work. I wouldn't mind, at this point, better exposure to Qith, or maybe exposure to this rumoured 'old Tsol'aa,' or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days.

Additionally disappointing is the fact that in-game factions have even that much - and yet, it has no practical use, since it must be kept secret.

Don't get me wrong, coding racial languages, and the whole language-learning system are cool. I just want to do more.

Why yes, I HAVE got this 'pet language' that's been rattling around my head - and no, this isn't my vision for the game. I want to find some other people, maybe people who studied this stuff more formally than I did, who want to start by giving it a nonsense word as an external label, something we can call the language 'in Achaean,' and then proceed to work out an original language, like Esperanto or maybe Klingon is more accurate, for Achaea.

Unfortunately, only ONE person in the whole game seems to be interested in such a thing - and there's this really red-flag pattern, to do with her. I am VERY seriously trying to figure out if this is an 'honestly-earned' bad rep or a 'sin eater' case, and if I mention her name, suddenly everyone has an opinion, which, fair enough, but I want facts which speak for themselves, as many as I can get... *sigh.*

Oh, pretty sure I COULD do this alone - but honestly, a language is, by definition, a community effort. Back in the '70's, I remember the attitude of '"Ain't" isn't a word; it's not in the dictionary,' which was, at least in most cases, technically true. At some point, Webster's and so on seem to have added it. So, whether it was a word to a person at the point when its meaning was understood, or when it was recognised as a change to a living language, sometime between the time we English-speakers began to HAVE such things as dictionaries and the present, at least one new word has been added: 'ain't.'

Anyway, so far, got nothing solid. Oh wait, not quite true. I have FRUSTRATION. I'm full up; anyone else want a slice?
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • As the Priest who shutted down the pit of Golgotha forever.jk

As a good friend, and a good enemy!

• Sothantos said:
    I have no idea what my legacy is, or what impression Soth currently gives people, but I guess I want to be remembered as a roughened, reticient Shallamese military commander or something?
    My impression is of a badass antihero living in an ancient keep, cutting people down with a sword named Waning Mercies, and muttering about corn juice.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    @Sothantos is always going to be the one who got away. From the heel of Amu's shoes, before she could dance a (second) jig on his genitals for having the audacity to leave after such an epic conversion.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • All that I want is for Arador to be remembered as an Honourable Knight that helped his fellow Maldaathi. If he gets remembered for not tripping over his own rapiers, that would be a bonus.

• @Vayne I don't remember. I just know you both have names that start with V and are roughly the same length (the names, not you guys, although I can't be certain).

@Arador and for developing the best Achaean magazine?
  • And his pink boxers!

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited August 2012
    I want to become known as one of the more famous Cyrenian religious leaders. Which is weird, I guess, because Cyrene isn't loud in general, but I would love to leave a legacy behind centered around the Nereian and Lumeni mindset, and with time, have the Lumeni become something known outside of Cyrene.

I really want the Lumeni to be my legacy in a way, I suppose it boils down to. Don't believe I have (much of) one at current.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited August 2012
    Frankly? I don't know at all. My roleplay style essentially is Erasariel living her life day by day, without much aspiration or ambition. Why should she? She is in no rush to do things, and she's pretty comfortable where she is now.

At the very most, I'd like to be remembered as a solid "behind the scenes" Citizen who has done quite many very little things for Cyrene, or maybe as one of the (better? i don't know) proteges of @Melodie. I was gonna make Erasariel have some sort of rapport with her, buuuut of course things got a lil' too bumpy a ride and I had to hiatus.

(N.B. I haven't played Achaea in around three months.)

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Eh....I don't know what I want to be remembered for...I know the soapbox thing was 'big' back in my first and second century but with the clamp down on roleplay and news, it hasn't really been out. Over the years, I started out getting omnitrans...then the crafting licences...then all the other licences...then all the proficiencies....now I'm working on the languages but those are effing expensive after a while so it's slow going. I guess....just...trying to do everything, but it's nearly impossible unless you have neverending resources. Or a crapload of time. Cheers for 13 years, let's hear it for 13 more!

• HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    I would want to be remembered for helping the Knights of Hashan clan stop being a joke to so many people, its work in progress but is something I am striving for and hope to one day achieve even though it has a lolz worthy past (Knighting a Serpent WTF???????)
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    @Vasool, what are you talking about? I'll always remember you as a great mentor, and your efforts in working with the KoH. ;)
    Hhaos said:
    I would want to be remembered for helping the Knights of Hashan clan stop being a joke to so many people, its work in progress but is something I am striving for and hope to one day achieve even though it has a lolz worthy past (Knighting a Serpent WTF???????)
    Yeah...knighting a Serpent, that was just...

• Once I was leading a backstab gank, and one of the Naga in my group told me they wouldn't do it. I was like 'Why the hell not?' and then they started pulling honor on me. Then, as is the custom of some people (we all know one), they decided the best way to continue the argument was to start using OOC tags.

It culminated in being lectured on 'being a serpent doesn't define me'. That's true, but your House does define you to some extent. 'Sir' Soujirou really messed up the Knights of Hashan in that respect.
  • Although -I'll- probably be remembered (if at all) for being a bit of a noob at most things, I'd like Luhar to be remembered in game for making a positive difference and bring someone reliable. It's a bit far fetched to expect that I'll have the kind of legend that people like Skarash have, but I'd love to be considered good enough, one day, to get my own statue next to the ones in the Ashuran monastery.

• edited August 2012
    If I were to go dormant today, I would think the common answer if people said "Hey remember Rinzai"  would be something to the effect of "Oh yeah, nice guy, quiet, and wish I had gotten to know him better"
  • OceanaOceana North Sea

Rinzai said:
    If I were to go dormant today, I would think the common answer if people said "Hey remember Rinzai"  would be something to the effect of "Oh yeah, nice guy, quiet, and wish I had gotten to know him better"
    I'd remember you for all the treasures you dived up!
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I ridiculed all Serpentlord members of the KoH incessantly. It was the stupidest thing ever.
  • I suspect that my legacy, currently is 'That guy who does those rituals, and strengthens the Icon a lot' and that only within my House.

Outside my House... Chryseas might remember me, for the mistells. Other than that, well.

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Ogod, Sir Soujirou. I remember him arguing with my old main about how not helping them against Shallam one time is making his relationship with his ooc friend worse or something. It was an RP choice that got him ranting lots abut his OOC issues. I don't have anything against certain people but omg headache. 

I do wish I can contribute more. But I really have to fix myself up. All I can do right now is talk to people and hopefully recruit quality ones.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Hahaha, the Knights of Hashan knighted Soujirou? Instant lack of all respect (which wasn't really much to begin with anyway).

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I will forever remember Kaevan for cross dressing. Just like how I will always be remembered for having the nickname "Snuggledwarf" as a novice.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Here I sit stroking this ember, wandering how I wish to be remember

• The most corrupt MoS in history.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • Trust me, he's not exaggerating.