You're hot, then you're cold

13»

Comments

• @Trey I didn't design or make it, it was made for me when I was still all new and stuff... and I have yet to get around to updating the look

• I get the distinct impression that the old weather code turned sentient and is hiding in the shadows, whispering "You can't get rid of me that easily!"
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Sarathai said:
    I'm sitting under a waterfall. I'm bare-chested and wearing nothing but pants and sandals, plus a pair of wings made of mist. I am practically doing the zen monk thing. It's also night and I'm supposedly under-dressed. If I take anything else off I'll be down to literally sandals. There is a breeze blowing as well, and the mist should be at least relatively cool-ish. Apparently not.

It seems like it's been nothing but a massive Achaea heat wave for a while now. The middle of winter in Eleusis is also at 95 degrees with 0% humidity.
    The new weather system is good, but we haven't expanded it to that level of granularity yet. Weather conditions are area-based, so for now you won't see conditions change on an room-by-room basis (yet - I'd like to add watery rooms being a little cooler on hot day, as well as shade in rooms with trees etc.).

Weather is one of those systems that we could honestly continue improving forever, and we will in dribs and draps, but we've got to weigh up how much coder time we spend on pure flavour things like this vs. the larger, in-your-face improvements that influence a far greater portion of the playerbase.
    I should note, if you find an area with weather that seems remarkably out of place, please file a BUG, and we'll take a look!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    @Tecton Are cold messages yet to be implemented? 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Daeir said:
    At the very least, some sort of scaling based on time-of-day should be added. Targossas is ALWAYS 32C during summer/spring, even in the dead of night, which makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

The deserts are top notch, though.
    It's now winter and it's still 32C. Targ is in the tropics >_>

• Sobriquet said:
    Trevize said:
    Jacen said:
    I'm getting so confused because the cold/lack of heat discussion isn't happening in this thread...
    We're waiting on something interesting to happen with the weather.
    Welcome to the world of an Englishman
    England consists of lizardmen enjoying the heat wave and hoping to see a tornado?

Hm. I need to watch the news more.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    Skye said:
    Daeir said:
    At the very least, some sort of scaling based on time-of-day should be added. Targossas is ALWAYS 32C during summer/spring, even in the dead of night, which makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

The deserts are top notch, though.
    It's now winter and it's still 32C. Targ is in the tropics >_>
    They kinda are! But we've fixed an issue with weather getting pinned at the maximum value, should slowly work itself back to a regular range!
  • Trevize said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Trevize said:
    Jacen said:
    I'm getting so confused because the cold/lack of heat discussion isn't happening in this thread...
    We're waiting on something interesting to happen with the weather.
    Welcome to the world of an Englishman
    England consists of lizardmen enjoying the heat wave and hoping to see a tornado?

Hm. I need to watch the news more.
    That depends on where you stand on Scientology

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."