Let's see your GUI!

1234568»

Comments

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Cynlael said:
    Kasya said:
    @cynlael How do I get this??

By being very convincing :pleased: 

It's sized to fit -specifically- for my laptop, so yeah.
    Hrm. What's your laptop resolution. Mine's sadly lacking.
  • 1366x768

• As with any GUI, it'a constant work in progress.  Plan is to make the image of the character light up different, for example the tattoos will light up when I have hunting runes on or not. That sort of thing.

Someone wrote the shell for it, I don't recall who, I have since heavily modified it.

• edited November 2015
    Probably wasn't a good idea to take that screenshot while you had an autobasher running. Just saying.

GUI does look strangely familiar, though.

• Cynlael said:
    Probably wasn't a good idea to take that screenshot while you had an autobasher running. Just saying.

GUI does look strangely familiar, though.
    Thanks for the suggestion, it is NOT an "autobasher" though. I can't walk away from my computer and expect it to fight.  Curing system would keep my health up but the mob wouldn't die.  I don't want to get in to that discussion here though, HELP AUTOMATION is pretty clear on that.

Feel free to send me a MSG though if you want to chat about it!
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    no timestamps so throwing autobasher around here is pretty much blindly naming and shaming, which is kinda being a jerk.
    Especially since what you see there is easily achieved by simply having a keybind that goes send("kill",false) or just disabling how mudlet puts your last input on the screen
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited November 2015
    Probably sounded less offending in my head... Just looked similar to what I know of a certain Lusternia basher I've seen pop up a few times, that I know a few people have ported to Achaea/Imperian.

Curious as to what that 'Deep depression' in the top left is, though... Sounds... depressing.

that's the room name, battlesite of mourning pass, meropis

• Oh weird, his map shows a different room name. Is why I was confused.

• Cynlael said:
    Oh weird, his map shows a different room name. Is why I was confused.
    Yeah map name on the mudlet mapper shows what you have selected (but where you're at by default, if you don't select anything).

Tharvis is right, I gag A LOT of stuff to reduce chatter, including the prompt! 
  • Mudlet mapper 'info' is supposed to show the room you're currently in.. :/

Mine does, and has for the last forever, anyway...

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    @Skye - Wow that GUI is amazing. How did you manage to get ocean floor maps? :open_mouth: Though I'm jealous of the entire thing, the ocean floor map is the most exciting part (to me). I get so frustrated walking around blindly while trying to dive.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

@Skye dig in Zulah's ship system's triggers/scripts for the ship balance, I know this one includes a visual representation of crew balance : http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/1705/updated-free-sea-plugin

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    @Tharvis ohh yeah forgot about that. Thanks! I'll root around

@Kayeil I used Asara's old map. I just cut them into individual little maps like this.

• Trying it on Blowtorch. 
  • You should use a smaller font. Also landscape orientation, instead of portrait :p

• Ok smaller font. I am not sure about landscape because my keyboard covers my screen :(
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I can't use landscape on my phone either. The downfall of having a small phone. 
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Guess I need to just sit down and try to wrap my head around this whole process. Current set-up is on the fritz and after poking around with it to no avail, have just decided to scrap it and back to text-wall basics, which isn't ideal. 

Anyone have any tips or information regarding the how-to process for setting one of these up? I already got the framework from Zulah a while back.

• Kresslack said:
    Guess I need to just sit down and try to wrap my head around this whole process. Current set-up is on the fritz and after poking around with it to no avail, have just decided to scrap it and back to text-wall basics, which isn't ideal. 

Anyone have any tips or information regarding the how-to process for setting one of these up? I already got the framework from Zulah a while back.
    Mudlet manual has some good walkthroughs. I'd recommend starting there.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    @Kresslack, if you have a hard time understanding Zulah's, check out akg in my affliction tracking thread. Simpler to understand imo
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    @Kresslack, if you have a hard time understanding Zulah's, check out akg in my affliction tracking thread. Simpler to understand imo, and a decent base to build off of
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Zulah's base was pretty easy to understand and set up. I just need to learn the intricacies of customisation, such label and container building and manipulation. Just need the time to sit down and read up on it and fiddle with it. For instance, today I learned that to put a background image on the main window, you can't just make a label with an image, because it goes over the text window. So you have to figure out the border spacing between everything and cut it out to fit around it. 

That....is going to be a process, but one of these days I'll get around to doing stuff like that. For now, I'm function over form oriented.