Could someone give me a brief description of Occultists/Sylvans?

I'm relatively new- I've been familiar with the game for quite a while, but I've only recently started playing.

I was wondering if someone would be willing to give me an idea how occultists and sylvans actually play, what their combat is like, and how well represented their houses are in the game right now. I am especially curious about Occultists because they seem to have relatively little presence and information regarding them on the forums- certainly not anything recent (their class forum hasn't seen a new post in about a year).

Would anyone mind helping me out?

Best Answers

Answers

• The Occultists don't have a house right now, it was just destroyed. Historically, they've been extremely secretive, which is why information is lacking.

I can't help you much with combat beyond Occultists working by stacking afflictions and Sylvans working with limb/body damage and high direct damage.
  • For the record, the stated intention of heartseed was that it's balanced as a sort of "starter" kill strategy - something that's a little bit easier to grasp and perform, and a kill strategy that you only need one trans skill to do. I don't know if that's how it turned out in practice, but it seems like it might still be doable as a midbie combatant.

@Cynlael, intelligence changes the speed of occultism or domination now? How much? Can I get the Sena breakdown?
  • edited September 2015
    Intelligence affects entity balance, caps out at 16 (or 17, one of the two, don't remember, I do fine with 15)
    IIRC, it's -0.1s per point of int, down to a cap of 1.8 or 1.7 ent bal (I -think- those are right, it might be 1.6)
    Baseline is 2.3 or 2.2 for the two main ents (leech/humbug)

• I just want to thank you all for the comments- I can't say I've decided on anything yet, but it has given me quite a bit to chew on.