New Schematics/Recipes/Patterns

SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
Was told to redirect this to forums instead. We want more recipes because we're tired of plates and bowls and cups and platters. And maybe new patterns as well.

GLASS - options of cocktail glasses for fancy serving options) 
VERRINE - similar to glasses but more specific, also for fancy serving options
BASKET - for fried foods and breads
BUN - bread buns are different from rolls
PACKAGES or PACKETS - for creating travel-friendly food
BAGS - same as above. There are existing precedents for these like the bags of cookies and fries fish in Hashan and Umbrin respectively
RAMEKIN - because ramekins are not cups
TIAN or CASSOLETE - for individual servings of baked pasta/casseroles etc
SLICE - for slices of cake or pie so we don't serve the whole damn thing

Also:
TRAY - as an alternative to platters OR as an item we can buy to serve multiple items of food instead of walking around with 20 plates in our hands. Looks nice for wielding too. If you LOOK PERSON TRAY you can see what they're serving.

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Skye said:

Moar cake. Not less. Moar. Nom nom nom

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Skye said:

Moar cake. Not less. Moar. Nom nom nom
    I propose that instead of slices we add TIERs, for additional cake.
  • Ships first, Skye, SHIPS FIRST.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited August 2015
    I WANT IT ALL

eta: soundtrack added for emphasis

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I love the idea of trays serving multiple things. That'd be a really cool additional roleplay thing.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    Another suggestion to add to the pile for cooking:

A base "animal" recipe, which would allow one to have a whole animal cooked, without needing a surface of some kind. Boars are a popular option, but there's definitely a lot of creativity that could go here.

Also general bump for the thread because yes please more bases!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Melodie said:
    Another suggestion to add to the pile for cooking:

A base "animal" recipe, which would allow one to have a whole animal cooked, without needing a surface of some kind. Boars are a popular option, but there's definitely a lot of creativity that could go here.

Also general bump for the thread because yes please more bases!
    Roast pig on a spit?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

edited August 2015
    Roast pig on a spit, whole roasted chickens/ducks/geese, a current design I'm working on is a whole roasted snake choking out its prey in the middle of its coils. Whatever people want to do!
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Isn't there a skewer pattern? Couldn't you put a critter on a skewer?
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    Damn, lost the edit window. So short.

Meant to add in that skewers can work for things (though for whatever reason I always think of the little skewers, even if the word also covers medium-sized ones - maybe not pig-sized ones though? least not from a bit of googling), but aren't really as fathomable for something meant to be more elaborate. I guess its sort of niche in the end and perhaps dreamt up because of this current design I'm working on, but I mean... we also have base recipes like muffin, or scone, etc.

Insert variety is the spice of life cooking joke here.
    Yeah there is. 

One of our problems with cooking is creating 'too large helpings'. Like, sure enough, you could cook a whole boar on a skewer. But then people would wind up eating the whole boar. Only with divine help are you able to make food as containers like cakes that you can get servings from (usually a plate design). 

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    You get that in some cooking designs anyway. Bikia on Prin sells roast pig and you're basically devouring the entire thing. I suppose there's nothing wrong with having a whole animal and just eating a part of it instead of the whole thing, but I thought that was the whole point to designing the smaller portions. A whole cake compared to a slice of cake. It would be pretty nifty if you could just cook a roast pig or whatever though, and then just be able to take smaller portions from that. Things like that would be great for those massive formal gatherings where you have to cater for 30+ people.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KezKez
    edited August 2015
    Mainly I really want to see...

slice - I often hear "am i just supposed to be a pig and eat this whole cake/pie/loaf?"
    kebab - it's so much easier to work with than skewer, grammatically. Comparing 'a skewer of blah blah blah' to 'a blah kebab'.

pelt - because blanket isn't always quite right. A bearskin blanket is much less appealing than a bear pelt.
    petticoats - c'mon, petticoats!
    and garters!
    They have petticoats. Well, petticoat, no 's'

While working on the crafter's fair, I received a kebab recipe that used the skewer template. So at one point it was getting approved. I didn't drop multiple of them in the room to see how it would look though. I've also encountered a number of "X on a plate" and 'a slice of X cake" recipes that would wind up showing up as "5 X on a plates" and "5 slice of X cakes" when left in multiples on the ground. 

So I suppose they do get through the system because of how overwhelmingly logical they look on the sketch, but for sake of my design's longevity and dodging the inevitable design purge that'll happen sooner or later, I adhere strictly to the crafting guidelines. 

• Just had an idea for how to handle food that's too big a thing to be eating in one sitting.

Have a setting on the recipe for portion sizes to set how many times it will be eaten before it's consumed. So if you make a pie with 6 portions, someone would have to eat it 6 times before it disappears. Could add first_eating and third_eating fields to recipes to give a different action if there's still some left when they eat it.

Now I'm hungry.
    Reminds me of Discworld! Love the idea of portions.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I like the idea of portions!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Reminds me of Neopets.
  • Add POT to base recipes, for things like yoghurt, potted meat/fish (crab, salmon, pork etc, like a pate/terrine type thing), stilton, compote, fruit? etc. as well please!
  • Kez said:
    Just had an idea for how to handle food that's too big a thing to be eating in one sitting.

Have a setting on the recipe for portion sizes to set how many times it will be eaten before it's consumed. So if you make a pie with 6 portions, someone would have to eat it 6 times before it disappears. Could add first_eating and third_eating fields to recipes to give a different action if there's still some left when they eat it.

Now I'm hungry.
    I just say allow the creation of 'food containers' - e.g. make a cake a container for slices.

Four notes for this:

One, you can EAT them directly and you instead eat one of the things inside.

Two, the descriptions on the food containers is given as one short, one probed, three dropped. The dropped has full, over half, less than half.

Three, once the container disappears when the second to last item is taken/eaten, leaving just the slice/whatever.

Four: you must first design the singular item. Once approved, you can then design a container for that singular item. PREPARE 213124  for the container would require the designated # of the singular item.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.