Priest traits?

I'm a priest and just got past level 20 so now I get a trait.  Which traits are the best for priests?  What are the pros and cons of each of those?

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Con trait or sip trait.

Nimble or Quick Witted. Assuming Nimble since Smite uses balance iirc.

Mind warden.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited August 2015
    Atalkez said:
    Con trait or sip trait.
    In a bit more detail, I would say Robust (+1 CON) is by far better for bashing, because it not only increases your sip, but it will also affect health regeneration amounts, moss totals, boar tattoo, alchemything if you pick health regen, and so on and so forth.

Sip trait might be better for PVP (increasing percentage of sip versus total health would be better, I assume, against attacks that do percentage damage), but I'm not actually sure how great a sip increase you'd get from +1 CON. I think somebody said somewhere that the Receptive Body increase was almost the same as Robust, but can't find anything about it right now.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I went with robust for my first one.  Thanks.
  • edited August 2015
    If you want to fight as priest you need nimble and mind warden for the free contemplate as your last 2 major traits.
  • I'll keep that in mind then.
  • What about minor traits??
  • edited September 2015
    minor traits are purely up to you. except maybe Devout would be handy.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    I have quick-witted. I forget why at the moment. All I can think of right now is how far I have left until dragon. But check with Halos or Tesha IG. They know.
  • Quick witted is a major trait and the wrong one for priest.
  • edited September 2015
    Marksman is a great minor trait to have if you ever use a bow, (whether as a Knight/serpent or another class with artie bow.) It greatly affects hitting or missing with a bow, at least last time I checked.
  • edited September 2015
    Quick-witted is way better if you have a level 2 mace and a diadem; because smite and chasten line up just a little better with disrupt.

Default balance for smite is 2.9 seconds, default equilibrium for chasten is 2.8 seconds, disrupt balance is 2.5 seconds, dazzle is 2.5 seconds, visions is 2.5 seconds, hellsight is 2.5 seconds, sap is 2.75 seconds, spiritlash is 3.0 seconds + scaling with number of afflictions, and lastly inquisition is 3.75 seconds.

With all of this in mind, unartied nimble will allow you to smite/chasten slightly faster, but quick-witted will benefit every other spirituality and devotion ability - including equilibrium on laying rites, beckoning, force, etc.

Quick-witted would be the better option if you plan on incorporating anything other than chasten into your offense.

Lastly, nimble only hurts you if you ever buy a mace, because you're never going to be only smiting, and you'll be held back by chasten equilibrium. Priest damage isn't a very good goal, before anyone asks. The class is built around affliction momentum.

Basically, quick-witted is better for PVP, nimble is better for bashing.

As for your other traits, priest has three healing abilities that scale with your health: hands, revitalisation, and empathy. Sip bonus might come slightly ahead in terms of raw percentages, but I believe there is a lot more flat-based damage than percentage-based damage. I've always done great against raw damage with robust. Mind warden is essentially necessary. You can smite/angel seek for an effective replacement, but then you lose affliction pressure.

(also, pick up meticulous care. Blissful ignorance is okay, devout is a very minor influence but still there, and the rest are pretty much just for RP. Marksman/a bow is something you'll have to decide down the road, but keep in mind priests are exceptional at keeping allies alive in LOS, and being ready to beckon on alertness can win fights.)

i'm a rebel

• There's a lot of info regarding pvp-based trait selections. What about if, say, a priest were to be mostly bashing? What are your recommendations?

• Tesha said:
    Quick-witted is way better if you have a level 2 mace and a diadem; because smite and chasten line up just a little better with disrupt.

Default balance for smite is 2.9 seconds, default equilibrium for chasten is 2.8 seconds, disrupt balance is 2.5 seconds, dazzle is 2.5 seconds, visions is 2.5 seconds, hellsight is 2.5 seconds, sap is 2.75 seconds, spiritlash is 3.0 seconds + scaling with number of afflictions, and lastly inquisition is 3.75 seconds.

With all of this in mind, unartied nimble will allow you to smite/chasten slightly faster, but quick-witted will benefit every other spirituality and devotion ability - including equilibrium on laying rites, beckoning, force, etc.

Quick-witted would be the better option if you plan on incorporating anything other than chasten into your offense.

Lastly, nimble only hurts you if you ever buy a mace, because you're never going to be only smiting, and you'll be held back by chasten equilibrium. Priest damage isn't a very good goal, before anyone asks. The class is built around affliction momentum.

Basically, quick-witted is better for PVP, nimble is better for bashing.

As for your other traits, priest has three healing abilities that scale with your health: hands, revitalisation, and empathy. Sip bonus might come slightly ahead in terms of raw percentages, but I believe there is a lot more flat-based damage than percentage-based damage. I've always done great against raw damage with robust. Mind warden is essentially necessary. You can smite/angel seek for an effective replacement, but then you lose affliction pressure.

(also, pick up meticulous care. Blissful ignorance is okay, devout is a very minor influence but still there, and the rest are pretty much just for RP. Marksman/a bow is something you'll have to decide down the road, but keep in mind priests are exceptional at keeping allies alive in LOS, and being ready to beckon on alertness can win fights.)
    What, I thought you just said it was lvl 2 mace + nimble that made everything line up. Meh don't listen to me then
  • Synbios said:
    There's a lot of info regarding pvp-based trait selections. What about if, say, a priest were to be mostly bashing? What are your recommendations?

Smite uses balance, so Nimble. Robust (+1 con) is worth more than increased sip for tanking denizen damage, so that'd be my second major choice. I'm pretty sure Lucky is better than Aim to kill, especially now that denizens have more health.

Minors still don't matter, though meticulous care is always a good choice.

• Morthif said:
    What, I thought you just said it was lvl 2 mace + nimble that made everything line up. Meh don't listen to me then
    It lines up better, but quickwitted lets you incorporate dazzle/visions more easily, which lets you stick disruptions more easily. I generally open with smite/spiritwrack, dazzle/disrupt, dazzle/disrupt, visions/disrupt, then go into smite/chasten and dazzle when they cure both dizziness and confusion. Priest doesn't have on-demand hindering, so you have to load affs as rapidly as possible and hope for the best.

i'm a rebel