Mining and Legions

Comments

• We could leave stone as it is.

Someone must actually find away to break stones into bricks, like 1 stone into 2 bricks, and houses now use bricks instead of stones.
  • Or you could build a house out of straw or sticks. I can't think of any scenarios where that wouldn't work well. 
  • Grandue said:
    Or you could build a house out of straw or sticks. I can't think of any scenarios where that wouldn't work well. 
    Every achaean homebuilder dreams of this:

Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Besides, wood prices have plummeted. I used to be selling wood for around 60 each and stone for around 40 (16,000 gold / room credit). Now with wood hovering around 34 and stone at 80 its: 14800 gold/room credit.
    Thus, rooms are cheaper.
  • Greys said:
    Besides, wood prices have plummeted. I used to be selling wood for around 60 each and stone for around 40 (16,000 gold / room credit). Now with wood hovering around 34 and stone at 80 its: 14800 gold/room credit.
    Thus, rooms are cheaper.
    Good bringing this out, else people won't be buying wood cos they are not planning to get another room.
  • Stone should be common enough to be found in every mine. Say you mine out 100 iron ores.. you also find 10 stone because it's a mine.

Say you're digging for gold ores! You find 50 gold, but to do so you trudge through 100 stones,
  • Rangor said:
    Stone should be common enough to be found in every mine. Say you mine out 100 iron ores.. you also find 10 stone because it's a mine.

Say you're digging for gold ores! You find 50 gold, but to do so you trudge through 100 stones,
    Should also find dinosaur bones and strike oil every once in a while too. 
  • Josoul said:
    On another note, any chance to make the rare minerals riftable? @Sarapis
    bump, since it got buried under previous discussion and minerals keep cluttering inventory/pack.
  • Grandue said:
    Rangor said:
    Stone should be common enough to be found in every mine. Say you mine out 100 iron ores.. you also find 10 stone because it's a mine.

Should also find dinosaur bones and strike oil every once in a while too. 
    New talisman concept - skeletal dinosaur minipets, found by mining.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I know this is a joke, but oh god, I want it so bad. Why did you do this :(
  • That actually is a cool idea re: the minipets from mining, but the rare minerals already create enough of an incentive on top of the comms - I'm not really eager to add new incentives to mine given the existing level of competition for them. 
  • (And, and I'm monitoring the stone situation, and ramped up stone production earlier today, though stone at 35 is probably not going to happen.)
  • The price of stone is pretty high, but I think that has less to do with availability and more to do with the cost of producing it. It mines slowly (I think it's about 0.4125 compared to coal's 2.0) and needs to be refined with coal. Increasing the production rate and making it produce stone instead of rawstone would make a huge difference in the price.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Whew, don't want any of those miniature Ruths walking around trying to dominate the world with their tiny arms!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Skye said:
    Yeah the stone refining thing remains kinda weird to me.
    Well to use stone for building and such, you have to cut and shape it, as well as make sure they're aren't any faults or cracks that could weaken or split it. Just because it's mined doesn't mean it's usable, like anything else you pull out of the ground.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • Ruth said:
    Whew, don't want any of those miniature Ruths walking around trying to dominate the world with their tiny arms!
    On the other hand, you'll never have your own tiny skeleton version of you, either.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Ruth said:
    On the other hand, you'll never have your own tiny skeleton version of you, either.
    "I'll KEEEL YOU"
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Skye said:
    Yeah the stone refining thing remains kinda weird to me.

Miner: We got all this here 'stone', guv! Ready for t'boss!

Foreman: Excellent. We just need to refine it.

Miner: Refine... it's stone, guv.

Foreman: Yes, but you just dug it out of the ground. You can't just use it like that. It's raw! That's not hygenic!

Miner: *looks like he's about to chuck some 'unhygenic raw stone' at the foreman's head*

Foreman: You have to set it on fire like so. *throws all the stone into a pile of burning coals*
    I have worked for these foremen, though. This is just an example of Achaea's painstaking realism in portraying the world of contract labor.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • @Tecton, @Sarapis, why have the Fissure listed as a spot to find lodes if lodes never spawn there? Is it a bug?

..Also, I've missed 7+ relodes. At first I was upset. And then I just laughed. But now I'm upset, again. :angry: The whole 'spawning lodes at the ass-crack of dawn while I'm dreaming about rock stardom and actually getting a good relode again' is really, really old.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Daeir said:
    They do spawn there, it just has a very small number of rooms and as such typically gets skipped over for lode generation over zones with higher numbers of rooms in them. Unless something's changed. I think Tharvis had a mine there once.
    I didn't. And the stronghold hasn't had any storage every time I went to check. I'll go check again later, but I doubt it has any.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

Tharvis said:
    Daeir said:
    They do spawn there, it just has a very small number of rooms and as such typically gets skipped over for lode generation over zones with higher numbers of rooms in them. Unless something's changed. I think Tharvis had a mine there once.
    I didn't. And the stronghold hasn't had any storage every time I went to check. I'll go check again later, but I doubt it has any.
    Yup, still nothing

• Tharvis said:
    Tharvis said:
    Daeir said:
    Yup, still nothing
     I bet you have a lot of soldiers defending it.
    Rangor said:
    Tharvis said:
    Tharvis said:
    Daeir said:
    Yup, still nothing
    ask Micositu! He tried taking it earlier

• Tharvis said:
    Rangor said:
    Tharvis said:
    Tharvis said:
    Daeir said:
    Yup, still nothing
    ask Micositu! He tried taking it earlier
    9429h, 7211m, 42960e, 32489w excdbk 54.8-rankings mining micositu
      Mining                                                                       
      Micositu has not yet started mining. 
    9429h, 7211m, 42960e, 32489w excdbk 54.8-

I don't think he could take a small mine yet!
    @Draekar shh, you're spoiling the part where he sent 1000 level 1 soldiers in three waves

• Tharvis said:
    @Draekar shh, you're spoiling the part where he sent 1000 level 1 soldiers in three waves
    I want to watch that movie.
  • Remember when I complained about wood prices and how it affected housing.

Those were good times. Let's go back to those times.

Seriously though, any considerations at this point towards swapping back to wood? At the point that wood was swapped with stone the price had begun to stabilize - it was slightly more expensive but not awfully so - certainly nowhere near as bad as stone is now. I do realize if you've just upped the stone rate more we may yet see some price drops in the future but.. yeah.
  • Watchman said:
    Remember when I complained about wood prices and how it affected housing.

Those were good times. Let's go back to those times.

Seriously though, any considerations at this point towards swapping back to wood? At the point that wood was swapped with stone the price had begun to stabilize - it was slightly more expensive but not awfully so - certainly nowhere near as bad as stone is now. I do realize if you've just upped the stone rate more we may yet see some price drops in the future but.. yeah.
    Just start pricing the commodities you sell a little higher. If the price of stone and iron go up the price of everything else has to go up in order to maintain the same profit. The more people that are mining, the higher the stone price will go and thus the higher the price of every other commodity.