League of Legends

Comments

• EiredhelEiredhel California
    Team ranked is harder than solo ranked. IMO.

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    but it's thirty times more fun.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I still say he should've called it, "Team Achaea, Internet Police" but oh well.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
    ^ genius

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • EiredhelEiredhel California
    But then I'd have to cough up cash and get the Officer Caitlyn skin, @Daklore. And I hate that skin. :( 

They need an Officer Teemo skin. WOULD BE TO FREAKING CUTE AOIGAHODIGGIAHGOAH *fan girl spazz and foaming at the mouth*

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• just started this and bought a guy called Darius just because he has a huge axe

sucks that there are no dwarf healers... unless I'm missing something there's only a berserker and a tank?

any hints on Darius?  I'm followinga  build i saw on solomid.net

• Spam your R when the enemy is low. Use your spin in close quarters, pull them in to engage them, build tanky. If you hit them with your R when they're low enough, you'll mop the enemy team.

Darius OP (well, that's what people on the LoL forums keep whining)
  • about the item is there a special order I should follow? 

i always go for the shoes, then the big shoes
    then the mallet, then the icy mallet
    then the huge shield, and in the end some trinity thing... (gives damage, attack speed and crit I think?)

about the runes, should i buy the ones i have access too? I can only see lesser but the page recommends some I can't see yet

thanks! 

• As for runes, tier 1 runes are fine for now. You don't need them at a low level, but they help. Do not buy tier 2 runes(accessible at level 10). Tier 3 are the best runes, and are accessible at level 20. You'll need to save up a lot of IP for Tier 3s, though. Two general purpose pages(one page with AD or armour pen reds, flat armour yellows, magic resist per level blues, and AD quints, and one page with AP or magic pen reds, same yellows and blues with AP quints) will run you around, 15K IP. So, that's a long term investment(and generally what you'll want by time you're closing in on level 30, I saved up to start getting them by level 20, though).

As for Darius, I'm not sure on his build order, but boots + 3 potion is a fairly standard first item buy for most champs anyway. You can probably save second tier boots(I think you'll generally want ninja tabi or merc treads(most people get merc treads, period) as Darius) for after your phage(little hammer). If you're having a hard time in lane, a doran's blade will give you a little more oomph. Sometimes two. I'm not sure if Darius really wants trinity, though, I always figured him more of a boots, frozen mallet, atma's, warmogs kinda guy. (atma+warmogs gives you good tank survability and some extra needed attack damage, and is a fairly standard bruiser buy).

But I'm relatively inexperienced, myself, what do I know? ^_^;
  • YezritYezrit Illinois
    Atmogs hasn't been a standard bruiser buy since atma's was nerfed four months ago.
    i get frozen hammer because it's hammer time.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Erasariel said:
    We have a ranked team! Name is "Run from Zsarachnor" and tag is [Achaea]. I already have four potential players opting in, and waiting for Daklore and Ruth to reach level 30! Invites upon my discretion.

I am of the philosophy that ranked solo queue is, frankly, a stupid idea in such a team-coordinated game, and thus I just wanna hop in with others on the ranked team whenever we can all meet up and kick ass and have fun. :P
    Haha, I actually didn't do to bad in ranked solo when I first tried it, but it's very dependent on your teammates also which can lead to large win streaks and large losing streaks. I can try the 5 v 5 team though generally those don't work because people aren't around at the same time. Also, you will go against some very good teams and my microphone port on my comp is broken so no mumble :(
  • TSM FOR SEASON TWO CHAMPIONS

TSM

TSM

TSM

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Goggo said:
    just started this and bought a guy called Darius just because he has a huge axe

sucks that there are no dwarf healers... unless I'm missing something there's only a berserker and a tank?

any hints on Darius?  I'm followinga  build i saw on solomid.net

LoLpro and Counter Logic Gaming has some great guides for characters and Darius is a pretty easy mode champion. Low mana costs, tons of damage...don't go for hard ganks until you get level 6. Once you are 6 though your ultimate is ridiculous.

• Kanamoto am I.

I main Ezreal, Vayne, Riven, and Shyvana. (8 I do play other things, though.
  • edited August 2012
    @goggo: don't buy any runes other than the tier 3 ones (which are available to you by level 20). Tier 3s can be quite expensive and one entire set can cost you at least 12000 IP, so you may wanna start saving up.

Another good idea is to get IP boosts - if you don't play too much, just get the per-win boost and get your first win for ten days; if you're up for a huge chunk of gaming, go ahead and take the timed boost.

On buying champs: if you can, try to limit your buying your champions to those you really liked during free rotation, and preferably buy any 3150+ champs with RP. You -will- need all the IP you can get for later!

• Personally I disagree with the "don't buy runes until level 3 runes" thing most people say. Level 1 runes are about 50% as good as level 3s, and they only cost about 10% as much. They're really, really cheap. Don't mess around buying a lot of different types, since you won't use most of them, and they'll eventually be useless once you have level 3s. And don't bother at all with level 2 runes. But it's better to have something than nothing to begin with, since it'll take you a while to reach level 30 and afford a few sets of level 3s.

I recommend you set up an AD rune page with flat AD reds, flat armour yellows, MR/level blues, and flat AD quints, and an AP page with magic pen reds, mana regen/level yellows, flat MR blues, and flat AP quints. The first page will cost 645 IP, and the second 780 IP. This is what I used and it covered more or less every champion I cared to play, in every position, since the AD page works for ranged ADs, bruisers, and junglers.
  • XerXer Langley
    Grrr, I should start playing LoL. Maybe I'll wean myself off SC II and siphon my efforts there into LoL instead. I have decent twitch reflexes! And can learn items and skills quickly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • School is really cutting into my LoLtime, but I am excited about our ranked team. We need to pick roles to practice.
  • XerXer Langley
    edited August 2012
    So uh, MhunXer. Add me. Also, as I'm reading stuff, it seems that being level 1 sucks. Everything should be available to everyone :P
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I've made "achaea rangor" on LoL for the NA servers, so add me! EU ping sucks on LoL as well though.. :(
  • North America: "Prioska".

Katalyst, this is all your fault!
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    When even Kaevan is playing LoL, you know something is up with this game.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Been playing a bit with my friends from High School... they're all way, way better than I am. Very tragic. I do heart playing Rengar though. It's just badass to pop your ulti when they think they've got you, let them focus someone else, then pop someone as they're running away with a double Q. BAMMO! I won't say he's the most OP or even P champ out there. He could actually use a little bit of an uptweak I think, probably in the speed department mostly. He's stupidly squishy but can dish out some damage. He's just sooooo item dependant, and another 10 points or so to his base speed would be a good step in the right direction since he can't do anything if he can't catch anyone, and he can't catch anyone even with his ulti. It's sad.
  • To further blur the ic/ooc boundaries and remind us all that our ic enemies are bad people in real life. There should be city vs city LoL matches.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• XerXer Langley
    edited September 2012
    So Carmain, Cahin, Kaevan and Ruth on my team? Sweet. (Would have Thaumas, but no longer Mhaldorian D:)
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Cool. So I'm a neutral jungler who doesn't do PvP? LoL! Oh dear... the punniness is overwhelming me... I call top golem camp as my grove, and they will both be my lil buddies. Just need a hive and we're GTG!
  • edited September 2012
    Cyrene will totally win everything.

Gnomis Pervertus/Dresdian #1 Achaean AD/support bot

Related:

TSM

TSM

TSM

• Also, question on just stats. What's "good" gold per minute for a carry character (estimates are fun)? Or I guess you can just give me to the total gold a carry should have at the end of 20 minutes, 30 minutes and 50 minutes respectively. Don't want to go trudging through forum pages and stuff to find out (if they have any; a cursory Google check doesn't tell me much at least).

Also, metagame. I propose sweeping changes in regards to 0 CS supports. I'll tell you more once I have a clue what I'm talking about!
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • edited September 2012
    @xer: This infographic gives a wealth of information about most game mechanics, including a maximum possible gold gotten per creep wave. Hope it helps!

Also, I frankly don't mind being a 0 CS support. Sometimes, you get chances to CS yourself when the ADC is heading back, but with right item progression and runes getting gold shouldn't be a prob.