Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Unrestricting Meropis

2»

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 2,816 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daeir said:

3) Permanently leave open the Asterian Restoration portals at Delos. They've already held two major inclusive world-events, they're clearly top shit, why not springboard off the work already invested into the Athaneum and have the general area be a starting point for people new to the continent? Shit, go even further and start building an NPC village of settlers in the scrublands around these portals or something.

Or how about just putting a magical portal just for AR founders/sponsors so we can get to and fro the place for event prep. >_> 

In all honesty all the talk of a quick ferry option to Meropis cheapening the value of ships/sailing to the other continent holds very little weight with me. I wouldn't sail to Meropis for small errand or a bashing trip. I prefer to take a walk through the Tears. But you'd still sail down to Orilla if you need to do a trade. If they open the Notic further down south to a harbour at Luman we would probably sail down there for trades too if we had to. 

Shirszae
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WAMember Posts: 1,216 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Skye said:
    Daeir said:

3) Permanently leave open the Asterian Restoration portals at Delos. They've already held two major inclusive world-events, they're clearly top shit, why not springboard off the work already invested into the Athaneum and have the general area be a starting point for people new to the continent? Shit, go even further and start building an NPC village of settlers in the scrublands around these portals or something.

Or how about just putting a magical portal just for AR founders/sponsors so we can get to and fro the place for event prep. >_> 
    If this were implemented, it would be 80% easier to get the organizational sponsor to be way more into participating. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?" 

(The Targossian Academy): Halos says, "Go on! I need to feel the wind in my hair!"

• KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyMember Posts: 4,815 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    When I paid a lot of credits for my wings, I chose two Meropis exits. Within about a week's time, there's suddenly enchanted pebbles and a pebble portal that lands smack bang exactly where one of my wing exits lands. Didn't complain once or feel that I needed to be compensated because things just became a bit easier for everyone over all.

The ferry between the Southern Vashnars and the Shipwrecks could be a lot faster to compensate the travel time you have to spend between the Shipwrecks ferry and Rageteeth Beach. That path doesn't take long to walk though, even if most of that time consists of typing ENTER/LEAVE WILDERNESS. It probably takes two or three minutes tops, and I don't think it's that different to the time that folk spend going to Istarion or any other place up north of the Tundra that requires a bit of walking.

I think the biggest inconvenience is ferry time. I wouldn't mind shaving a couple of seconds off that and just deleting the ferry trait. Wouldn't that kind of put it on par with walking to anywhere else to reach a destination?

Also if the paths could be mapped more clearly for the non-wilderness parts, people would probably be a lot more confident about making the trip other than just heading north or south depending on whether you're coming or going. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Shimi
  • PraxidesPraxides Kansas, USAMember Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited August 2015
    Kyrra said:
    Also if the paths could be mapped more clearly for the non-wilderness parts, people would probably be a lot more confident about making the trip other than just heading north or south depending on whether you're coming or going. 
    The paths are always the same iteration and just change every day or so. I think the only difference between the walk to Istar other than more enter/leave wilderness is sharks, the small chance of a wave/boat hitting you and the inconsistency of them matching up with the mudlet mapper.

Despite that last bit for the mapper, people can make use of @Seifur ;;'s maps and within one room of walking know which of the maps they have to walk by using QL.

Seifur said:
    I made this a long time ago to help me go back and forth.
    http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ZzyHMPGv

I dunno if it's fair to compare it to Northern areas/Istar though, there's more to hunt and do on Meropis than the far north.
  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyMember Posts: 4,815 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Praxides said:

I dunno if it's fair to compare it to Northern areas/Istar though, there's more to hunt and do on Meropis than the far north.
    I just meant in regards to the actual travelling to these places and not what people do there. For those that can't fly, going through the mountainous regions of the wilderness sucks a whole lot. Those that can fly.. can fly over terrain that slows them down, and sharks too! Though, why anyone would pass up the opportunities for reagents is beyond me :)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Praxides
  • PraxidesPraxides Kansas, USAMember Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Kyrra said:
    I just meant in regards to the actual travelling to these places and not what people do there. For those that can't fly, going through the mountainous regions of the wilderness sucks a whole lot. Those that can fly.. can fly over terrain that slows them down, and sharks too! Though, why anyone would pass up the opportunities for reagents is beyond me :)
    Something else I noticed folks don't seem to know - you can gallop/dash/sprint and all that on wilderness map, syntax similar to how squint works, with like DASH N 2 or just DASH N (and it's faster than flying if you know where you're going).
    Halos
2»
Sign In to Comment.