Letter from an ex-pain-in-the-ass player

Got this today. Was nice!

"Hey man, it's <redacted> from Achaea. I just wanted to say sorry for all the shit I gave you and the staff back in the day. Besides the irreverence that I approached everything with in my younger days being a little embarrassing, I have also spent the past 4 years being chief engineer of a software company. I now understand software to be a relatively thankless job overall, especially when you have a customer base that is highly demanding and less than understanding. It makes me feel bad for all the pointed jabs I took at you guys. Karma is repaying me every day :S

If it wasn't for Achaea, though, I wouldn't be a software engineer today, and I definitely would not be living the lifestyle that I have now. Not only was it a lot of fun, but it was also a great outlet for me to experiment with my programming and personal skills, and helped me parlay those into a good job doing what I love... even if my customers are more like early 20s me than I care for.

So, thanks for building the world that you did, and I hope IRE continues to be a success."

Comments

• @Jahan ?

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Oh come on, name and fame.

It's like name and shame, except that we can all go "Huh. He turned himself around. Maybe there's hope yet for [insert your preferred pain in the ass here]."

• Step 1: Post an apology letter
    Step 2: ?????
    Step 3: @Profit?
  • The one person I remember who often had some grievance vs Achaea would be good old Varick. That's my speculative speculation!

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I'd say Dajio... but... too soon?
    Huh. Neat.
  • There are many, many people that would, aside from the specific detail about being lead software engineer, would fit in that letter. You guys aren't going to guess. I didn't really remember anything specific about the character, but I've been doing this a long time and players blur together over time. 
  • Cypra!!

<3<3<3<3

B) 
  • Clearly it's @Makarios.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Cynlael said:
    Plot twist: Sarapis wrote the letter himself, in a deceptive trick to convince people that good-natured people exist on the internet.
    That make sense since you're the only real player, and the rest, myself and Sarapis included, are Skipicus' alts.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited August 2015
    Oh please, everyone knows that we're all actually Timux's alts

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    It was me...

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Szanthax said:
    It was me...
    He said ex-pain-in-the-ass, your status is still very much current  :p

Just kidding big guy, you know we love you 

Tecton said:
    Szanthax said:
    It was me...
    He said ex-pain-in-the-ass, your status is still very much current  :p

Just kidding big guy, you know we love you 

I feel I qualify on both counts...

• Sarapis said:
     I didn't really remember anything specific about the character, but I've been doing this a long time and players blur together over time. 
    Oi!
  • edited August 2015
    Dochitha said:
    Sarapis said:
     I didn't really remember anything specific about the character, but I've been doing this a long time and players blur together over time. 
    Oi!
    It's true, I'm afraid. I've had many communications with players over the year who were like, "You must remember me, I was such a jerk" only to find out that they just cycle out of my memory or blend into the endless stream of players exactly like them. That kind of player is generally only remarkable in his or her imagination. I tend to remember players who have had a lasting impact on the game.

• edited August 2015
       T-T... 
  • Tahquil said:
       T-T... 
    You're going to have to explain wtf that means to me, unless it's just tears.
  • Heh, yes pretty much. It is the 'silently crying to myself' Korean emoticon.
  • "Remember me? I sent you that email attacking your business model, ethics, and practises, and joked that your microtransactions were really just -- transactions!"

"youtu.be/GlhOUyy4wbs

Regards,

Matt Mihaly
    _
    Sent from my iPhone
    while pooping"
  • edited August 2015
    Pff, I got this @Sarapis

It was Kimberly.

Globes...

I hates them.

• Sarapis said:
    Dochitha said:
    Sarapis said:
    Oi!
    It's true, I'm afraid. I've had many communications with players over the year who were like, "You must remember me, I was such a jerk" only to find out that they just cycle out of my memory or blend into the endless stream of players exactly like them. That kind of player is generally only remarkable in his or her imagination. I tend to remember players who have had a lasting impact on the game.

Please tell me you remember Dalamar and Tyran.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Halo said:
    Sarapis said:
    Dochitha said:
    Sarapis said:
    Oi!

Please tell me you remember Dalamar and Tyran.
    Please tell me you remember Halo. He's some old guy. Only rumours of potential sightings at this point. Much rarer than a sasquatch.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Don't forget Nuitari! Can't have Dalamar without his side kick little buddy brother. @Halo